2012 Scarecrow on Deck

I received a postcard with the offer details…3pk, 12pk and Magnums.

3-pack is $285/bottle
12-pack is $3,600 (200 made with photo of “Old Men” vines) – essentially $180 for the photo
Magnum is $1,000 (400 etched mags) – $430 premium, yikes!

I want to single out Lindstrom here- tasted 2 weeks ago during premiere. totally stole the show and to me was the best out of the ‘celia offerings’ (keever, lindstrom, corra, barbour). velvet texture, assertive but not offensive tannins, great structure and seamless transition. acid could have been a touch higher, I’m guessing the ph will be close to 3.9,lol, but again this is cab, and it was outstanding to me.
and less than half the price of scarecrow, and its next door neighbor, HSS.

$1,000 for a magnum? Wow, that’s pricey. I love Scarecrow, and that probably makes the bottle a collectible that will sell for more, but $1000? I’ll buy 4 750s without the hoopla and be happy.

They’re not gonna sell you 4…

On a side note, I think I got bumped off the list. I didn’t buy last year. Good thing I bought Maybach I guess!

To anyone that received their postcard about the 2012 release, does it say when the offering goes live? Haven’t received an email or snail mail yet.

E-mail comes out at noon EST on March 9th and you have some time to decide.

Thanks Loren!

Has Scarecrow ever released magnums before?

2010 I believe

I have been on the list and buying since the 2005 vintage and never been offered anything more than a 3 pack, don’t remember any mags being available, at least to me.

Yup, been on the list since the beginning and this is the first offer to include anything other than a 3 pk.

hmmm… no email yet… been buying since 2007 vintage.

Received mine about 10am MST and ordered. Offered 2- 3 packs, case and mag. Largest allocation to date, of course it was a huge crop for this vintage.

Michael, out of curiosity how long is your allocation reserved for?

I bought a 3-pack, 12-pack and mag. I was allocated 2 3-packs but it would only let me purchase 15 bottles total…so I had to wish list the second 3-pack. My credit card is a little bruised and battered, so I’m not complaining.

It’s not clear if these allocations are guaranteed for any period of time. It does say “first come first served” on the snail mail offer. And, with only 200 12-bottle cases available, and 400 mags, I have to believe its not a guaranteed allocation…but could be wrong…

They aren’t reserved. They are first come first served.

Just logged into my account and no wines are available for order. I have been purchasing since the 2009 vintage

I could be wrong, but I think unless you received a postcard, today’s release was for customers from the 2005 vintage or prior.

In for a three pack. Can’t really afford more but this is one of the ones I am keeping for now. One of my favorites for sure. FWI, I started with 2005.