2012 Cru Beaujolais?

I’ve enjoyed every '12 Metras that I’ve had. If someone wants to unload their Metras '12’s, I’ll gladly help out.

Thumbs down, minus like 3 exceptions. Just a lot lacking in the wines. With plenty of 11s and 13s on the market, why bother?

I have had very few 2012’s - but just had a Foillard Morgon Cuvée Corcelette the other day and it was a lovely wine. Would buy again, even in the face of 2013’s.

Thanks for the offer Jeb. I tried one last night. There’s a distinct green streak and some weird turbidity. I’m green tolerant so will deal with the remaining 2 bottles, but it’s a decidedly weaker showing than the previous few vintages, IMHO.

RT

This.

The producers I buy every year made really good wines in 2012, they always do. Great terroir + intelligent winemaking = good wine always. You won’t really understand a wine and a terroir unless you follow it year in and year out. If you really love it, you will love the little vintages and that will only heighten your experience of the big vintages.

I agree with you completely, Nathan. If you love a producer, you want to see what s/he makes every year and how they work with the year. But once one thinks that way, one no longer asks questions about whether a vintage is good or bad and so one has no answer to someone who asks whether it’s a good vintage or a bad one. You are just answering a different question: should one pay attention to vintages at all as a matter of buying choice?

I had a '12 Foillard Corcelette. This just really seals the deal for me that I’m picking producer over vintage, outside of a complete disaster. And I don’t think that it’s a case where '12 is bad, it’s just not a touted as as those around it. But damn this was a delicious bottle, as was the '11 Metras MaV a few days prior. I’m a bojo-whore it would appear.