2012 Bevan Cellars Is Out

That’s a solid price for the quality of cork they are getting.

The $4.50 wasn’t per bottle; the bottle cost was included in the packaging.
When Russell said, “$4.50 per bottle for barrels,” he broke down the barrel cost per bottle. From talking to him, he uses 100% new French Oak on everything red. That would be about $1,100 - $1,300 per 25 cases which is around $4.00/bottle… give or take.

Based on the price per ton, $195 isn’t that bad. Many wineries charge 1% the of the price per ton as the retail price. So at $30,000 per ton, that would be a $300 bottle.

I am looking for a case quantity wine to gift to clients. The Dry Stack SB sounds good and has a interesting story, unique vine, cloudy possibly, nice citrus, so I’ll test two and come back for more. Thanks everyone for the heads up.

Russell,

All I can say is . . . WOW. Outrageous . . .

Didn’t answer my question about ETS and cork testing . . .

Cheers!

So compelled by this thread I got one SB, one Syrah, and one Ontongeny. First time to try Bevan and his flavor profiles sound up my alley. Love the attention to detail.

They will flip. The wine is a knock out.

Anyone got experience of the Ritchie SB is it as powerful and intense as Russell is promising in his video

FYI, there was a bunch of the 2011 reds at my local Costco when I was there yesterday.

Ordered some for first time, Russell seems a top notch guy, and I like his forwardness in this thread.

Just had the Ritchie last night, very aromatic and full bodied for a SB, excellent

All the painful process and expense is worth it! Can’t wait to try these 12’s. Russell’s 11’s were top notch in a tough vintage. These 12’s (and 13’s) are going to be amazing. Can’t wait.

Me neither. Had the opportunity to taste with Russell in July of 2013 (just before the '11’s hit). What a great experience. He’s dead serious about the wines, but doesn’t forget about the fun.

Bought a few of the '11’s (mostly Harbison) and were blown away. Put together a mixed case of his reds this year (mostly Tin Box, Wildfoote, and Ontogeny) and can’t wait to get them. And the SB’s (Dry Stack especially) are definitely not demure. We love 'em.

Bevan is still to this day my favorite tasting I’ve ever been to. The wines are great and Russell is a fantastic guy.

Received a email these will ship Oct 20th. Went big on the 2012’s!

Agreed. My wife and I “tasted” with Russel on our honeymoon in the summer of 2012 and had a blast. Great guy and amazing wines, for those who love massive wines with silky tannins. Also note that he uses a considerable amount of cabernet franc in some of his blends.

That reminds me, we tasted in 2012 and these are now the 2012 vintage, so I should probably buy some to surprise my wife :slight_smile:
Especially now that he has pinot noir and chardonnay!