2011 Burgundy - Green Meanines 2.0?

The 2006 Volnays I have had (Lafarge, d’Angerville, Jadot) have been fine.

Of the relatively small sample size I’ve had of the '11’s I’ve not picked up the GM’s, but I’ve also not found much to compel me to buy. As others have stated, there are better bottles from '08-'10 that are readily available. I get the notion that every vintage has something unique to offer and maybe I’ll regret it a decade from now, but for me this vintage is a pass.

Interestingly, I thought I detected something of the '04 character in a '11 Bojo.

Had maybe a hundred '06’s, they have all been fine, no issues at all with the vintage except that I didn’t buy enough!

'07’s are in general just plain bad, still surprised so many seem to like them…

Some 2006s are affected with GMT.

I’m approaching 2011 with caution, given my heightened sensitivity to Pyrazine or whatever is in 2004s…

-mark

To my taste, currently the 11s of both colours are modest but very pretty, they are exactly what burgundy is about - to the extent that judging a vintage simply by Rousseau or Dujac is equally not what burgundy is about. Yes, many, many reds have the P note, but usually on a subtle level - more or less than 04 at the same stage? On-balance I’d say a bit less, but I don’t know where they will end up - still they are lovely in my glass right now - as were many 04s for a very short number of months…

I don’t know, the most recent offering of '11 D’Angerville’s almost made me cry, it was so far off from what I paid just a few years ago.

Have there been any indications that certain communes are affected - if, in fact, any truly are - as were Volnay, etc., back in '06?

Ok, I guess I’m really asking whether anyone’s tasted this in Dujac, Chandon de Briailles, Goisot, Lignier Michelot, or Dauvissat . . . cause, um, that’s what I"ve bought so far!
[snort.gif]

I don’t think the rest of you are imagining things, I have tasted what I think you are referring to myself in this and other vintages, but it’s not a question of rot flavours falling out with sediment, in my experience they are undetectable now. Of course, though, my sample is limited. Red Burgundies can show quite alarmingly on the way to maturity, it is as simple as that.

I had a few 11 Dauvissat’s that while are a tad light, they are still tasty.

I might have to pop a La Forest tonight!

Have tasted two bottles of this over the last few months…first was quite good (though very young). Another was a bit awkward. Such good stuff, though

Ok. Strike what I said earlier. Finished the last half of the Bouchard P&F Volnay clos Chenes this eve. Yestarday it was tight and muted but the second half, having been poured into a 375 and refrigerated overnight, was just what I look for in burgundy. Pretty, floral, raspberry, brightness, tannin, medium finish. I’d buy more but, only a week into October, my monthly wine budget is shot.