2010 Clape Cornas "Renaissance" - WALL OF IRON

Oops, my bad!!! Could have sworn he had left us. Glad I’m wrong. [oops.gif]

What a beautiful sight!! Thank God for old school wineries and cellars.

Perhaps superficial, but to me it’s all related.

Here I am @Zachary_Ross checking in exactly 10 years later. Pulling a @Brian_G_r_a_f_s_t_r_o_m and reviving an old Northern Rhone thread.

Yup, Zach, you could be right. Definitely 20 for the big boy Cornas. This Renaissance, maybe 5 more. This is a pretty classic, burly Cornas, assuredly in the Clape style. Rustic nose of iron, black olives, dark gamy fruits and iodine. Big coating mouth presence, chewy and tannic, rustic and inelegant, but decidedly quite delish. If you are seeking something Burgundian, check out Allemand. If you want medieval, this is it.

I have one more of these. But a lot of the 2010 Cornas and the 2009. Have not touched any of those. Based on this showing, they are staying in offsite storage.

(92+ pts.)

4 Likes

Love the bloody entrails on the countertop!

1 Like

Forget how to open a bottle of wine, or did the cat catch your screwpull? :rofl: … man, the color on that looks like it was bottled yesterday.

1 Like

Judging by the color, not touching it for another 10 yrs! Sheesh!

Is the conductivity of electricity less through wine than I’m imagining :laughing:

I’m using it for aeration

This is what you get for opening any 2010 northern Rhone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like