2008 William-Selyem Spring Release

Guaranteed Allocations are out today. General allocations coming 2/8.

2008 Central Coast Pinot Noir $34
2008 Sonoma County Pinot Noir $34
2008 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir $46
2008 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir $46
2008 Westside Road Neighbors Pinot Noir $67
2008 Unoaked Chardonnay $35
2008 Allen Vineyard Chardonnay $50
2008 Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay $50
2008 Bacigalupi Vineyard Zinfandel $50
2008 Feeney Vineyard Zinfandel $50

I haven’t bought the Chard or Zin in years so don’t know the prices.
For Pinot, the prices are the same as 2007 except the Sonoma Coast went up by $4.
I suppose the rationale is the quality is the same or better than the RRV.

But is it just me or does this just feel too expensive this year?
I cut back pretty drastically last year esp. on the Westside Road.
This year the Westside Road is a definite pass, and I may just pass on the whole thing.
Hate to admit it, but looks like i’m priced out.

easy pass for me. may buy some 08 Bucher.

Power pass

Really?!?

To me, along with Rochioli, these may be the only picks from California for pinot (well, I might bite on KB even though I got dropped from an allocation for missing just one allocation offering after 5 years). Though they are pricey, the appellations and Westside Neighbors are excellent, year-in, year-out. Whether I can afford to take the plunge is the only question. As for others that I enjoy, if I can get them at retail or enjoy them at my country club, I’ll have to pass this time around.

Really?!?
There is so much out there worth exploring.

Fair point. I guess I was referring to mailers to which one must continue to purchase in order to continue to receive. For me, I’ve searched and tried many, and while new labels and winemakers appear every year, there are a smaller and smaller number of those that I would continue to buy on a regular basis and be committed to purchase in order to continue to receive them. W-S and Rochioli are among that small number for me these days. There are many other great producers, but I can secure them at retail locally so I’ve dropped off their lists.