2008 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne (update from the caves)

Easy pass: “No thank you.”
Hard pass: “Talk to the hand.”

bought some on prearrival last Nov for $125/bottle.

I was hoping for better but that may turn out to be a very wise decision

I also had a wine searcher alert for this 2008 Comtes and when I saw the Sokolin price today…I didn’t buy

Is this still happening or is it being postponed until the world stabilizes.

I have been wondering the same thing. It would not surprise me if it is postponed…

Vinfolio just offered pre-arrival at $195 per (6 pack cases)

Wonder what a “good” price will be going forward (not the prices that came and went in a flash last fall)

Not sure what is going here. There is no release; the roll out is being delayed until October. Vinfolio etc are taking a position, and the price is high enough, that they should be safe.

I hope prices adjust down given the current climate. I’m surprised to still be seeing “normal” prices for champagne.

I’ve been promised delivery in October. Ordered 2 cases through private sources at price of 1050 DKK (Danish Kroner) pr bottle. Thats ~167$

Zachys, Morrell, and Vinfolio all at $195 on w-s. No other offers.

30% higher than 2007. About the same price in Europe as the Cristal 2012!

No thanks. I’m disappointed but somehow I’ll survive

Have a pre-arrival 6-pack from WHWC for $125 per. Hope they honor that price.

But it will be a sad existence; all that longing will eat away at your soul champagne.gif

It will be interesting to see what the first wave is at Envoyer. I’m guessing $175, but will eventually be available for lower, maybe $150. Difficult because it has been my favorite Champagne in its price range. Now that it is closer to Cristal, my money may go elsewhere.