1er Cru white burg vineyards

Boillot Puligny Clos de Moucheres

Coche pushes the lieux dit Meursault Les Rougeots to GC level!
Love MP, Genevrieres, pucelles, En Remilly.

In Chablis, Billaud Simon Secher.

+1 on Boillot Clos de la Mouchere. Awesome juice.

No one mentioned champ gain?

1 Like

Maison

My opinion is that Montee de Tonnerre is a special 1er cru because it is located on the same side of the river and immediately East of the Chablis Grand Crus. It has the same Southwest exposure as the GCs and similar soil to Les Clos (which is just to the West of MDT).

Well said and very nice list. I too would argue producer-specific to a large degree, and here goes with vineyards and a few producers in parentheses,

Chassagne Caillerets (Ramonet- along with Bienvenue my favorite of his wines)
Puligny Le Cailleret (Bouzereau)
Chassagne Dent de Chiens (Thomas Morey)
Chassagne Chenevottes (Niellon- spectacular wine)
Chassagne Ruchottes (Ramonet- note this one needs a lot of age, it took me a long time to realize its greatness)
Meursault Perrieres (I do not think I have ever had a substandard example- one of the best bets when buying without knowing about the producer)
Auxey-Duresses (anything Leroy- all under dā€™Auvenay now I believe, unfortunately shockingly expensive now- 4 figures)

And two personal favorites that may not belong on ā€œbestā€ lists, but which have really great personality,

Beaune Clos des Mouches (Drouhin- and with a track record of longevity many grand crus would envy)
Chassagne Morgeot (Ramonet)

Correct. I have not seen a Maison Leroy Genvrieres in quite some time, but when I first got into wine there were some 70s library releases floating around that were quite good. They were expensive at the time- as expensive as Ramonet or Niellon Batard- but I shudder to imagine the current going rate.

Jobardā€™s Genevrieres was great in days of old. Sadly, I have not had one in, probably, 20 years.

Isnā€™t auxey-Duresses a village?

Yes, a wine producing village with the AOC Auxey-Duresses ā€¦ incl. nine 1er Crus ā€¦

no love for FolatiĆØres? Pernotā€™s is fantastic

Me too!

All the good answers are takenā€“mark me down as another fan of Montee de Tonnerre from multiple producers (Raveneau obvious top).

I also love CdBā€™s Ile des Verg, but that is pretty producer-specific.

A couple of thoughts and suggestions for some not covered but some really good prior responses here.
Drouhin Folatieres comes from Pernot and Pernot ier crus including Pucelles are reference standard.
GREAT call on Clos de Mouches Blanc, and with age are of GC quality always - those bees are busy!
Clos St. Marc from JM Pillot (Vergers)- brilliant old viney.
Neillons Vergers used to be mind blowing. Niellon Chenevottes does not come to the U.S., but the Clos de La Truffieres does ( Les Chaumees ) which can be spectacular. It used to be anyway.
Puligny Truffieres ( originally by Sauzet and then JM Boillot, and Boudot has some again , I donā€™t know from whom- Allen Meadows or maybe Howard Camhi knows from where it is coming from now), but Iā€™ve not tasted any new ones and Bernard/Thomas Morey) is not only nostalgic but so sensuous. So was the Moreyā€™s Embrazees, Marc Moreyā€™s en Virondot, and Carillonā€™s Referts.
And be on the look out for especially the Ruchottes from Bernard Moreau and pretty much anything else from the Moreau ier crus, and the Clos de Caillerets and Clos de Pucelles from Jean Chartron that are seriously back on track.
There are better and better ier cru whites coming from Santenay ier crus from Jean-Marc Vincent and in St. Romain though there are no premier cru but Alan Grasā€™s drinks like a premier cru with great bang for the buck.

Meursault Genevrieres can produce world beaters

So many good onesā€¦

Chassagne 1er Blanchots Dessus is a fun rare one.

Good Meursault LDā€™s Iā€™d take over many Chassagne 1ers, as sometimes I feel the village of Meursault is all underrated about 1/2 level. Tessons, Tillets, Narvaux, Gruyaches, and the most overlooked 1er may be Goutte dā€™Or.

Parts of it are, but itā€™s quite a big climat.

Generally speaking, I agree, though the parcel contiguous with Les Vergers has whiter soils and is well suited to whites.