150th tabasco

No longer available at the store and selling on ebay.

Amazing!

I bought five and was going to give some as gifts. Now, I’ll just sit back and watch them appreciate!

Looks like my $62.50 offer was a real bargain - just add a zero to it now!

I put 2 tablespoons (as called by the recipe) of this on a Buffalo Chicken salad, and ended up chugging about 2 gallons of water. That is some spicy stuff!

for starting the thread, i think i deserve a little taste of any profits made here champagne.gif

Glad I pulled the trigger and bought 3.
champagne.gif

I fear I missed out.

FWIW - I have the Family Reserve and that is a nice step up from the regular and I think it was $10/bottle. Bought a bunch of Scorpion when it first came out and actually did manage to flip some of those for 5x or better the price…

I’ll trade my 150th for '13 MacDonald ! [snort.gif] [wow.gif]

A very optimistic seller!

[url]https://www.ebay.com/itm/TABASCO-DIAMOND-RESERVE-150th-Anniversary-Premium-Hot-Sauce-Limited-Edition-Rare/263695195354?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D50544%26meid%3Ded7cecfc85b840ed93f76d441e4ed3cb%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D263687605726%26itm%3D263695195354&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1/url]

Wow – some of the ebay listings seem insane, almost criminal. The more serious ones do seem to have one up to over $80. I guess that makes me feel better about buying three?

So the only really live auction has the price up to $89 (plus 7.99 for shipping). I love the fact that you can click on a link for new and refurbished versions (which clearly is an automatic “mistake” I assume). I think my favorite listing is the buy it now option for $1,299, which also charges $7.85 for shipping. I suspect their may be some negotiation room there on the shipping cost…

I’m going to start investing in 160th Tabasco futures

Things have changed. $143.50 with 6 days and 8 hours to go.

Mine arrived today. Cracked one to taste. Wow! Very different bouquet than the normale and the depth of flavor and complexity are fantastic. Glad I grabbed some. Sending a bottle to my son who is a tabasco addict.

Ok I’m going to buy a case to flip next anniversary.

I find the original way too hot for my sensitive tastes, but I’m from North Dakota where the only real spice is salt. I can add a drop or two of the “smokey” version to my Chipotle burrito if I mix it in well. What is the flavor profile of the green label Tabasco? Is that hotter than the other two?

The green is less hot than the red – I actually prefer it – though I find I need to use more of it then the red.

Grab some ripe red hot peppers in the store this summer. You can ferment them and make sauce way better than Tobasco. If you guys lived nearby I would hand them out for free. We make hundreds of bottles each year from the garden.

Recipe?

Rough chop your peppers. Add water and a 2.5% salt solution. Cover and ferment for 4 to 12 weeks. Carrots and garlic are optional in this.

Vitamix with a sprinkle of xanthan gum. Pour through chinois. Add a tsp of white vinegar to each 8oz dripper and any other seasonings you like.

That will be refrigerator stable for years, at least 2-3.

Alternatively you can add fruits of your choice (apples, apricots, mangoes, etc) and pressure can to add sweetness and flavor.
However that will only be refrigerator stable for about a 6 months-year after opening.

Tobasco is a fermented product but it is extremely watered down and sullied with vinegar and salt to make it shelf stable.