100 Most Influential People in the WineWorld

Excellent point, really - the ‘drinkable’ Cheap wine, worthy of the list for sure

If someone wants to put it together, or several people, I’ll publish it and spread it around!

I have not had a chance to review this list, but I’m curious if it is a annual list or something that is put together every couple of years?

As everyone above agrees, it is impossible to be as inclusive as everyone hoped it would be. But I guess we need to agree how to define the word influential here.

Celia Welch doesn’t make the list, but this lady with her blog and 12K Twitter followers is somehow #57[swearing.gif]

57 - Meg Houston Maker: started her blog Maker’s Table in 2008 and in early 2018 name-changed to Terrior Review. Her insightful writings of wine and place caused her to win the 2015 Wine Blog Awards. As a wine writer she also contributes to a variety of publications including SOMM Journal, Snooth, Palate Press and others. With 12,000 organically-grown Twitter followers she influences her readers using perceptive skill to communicate about wine.

FYI, Meg is a really good writer, and is published frequently, just not in the rags that Berserkers frequent. The wine world is not about Berserker opinions.

You guys do realize that this thread is exactly what the list authors want. It’s clicks and clicks and clicks.

It is also exactly what we want…fodder for discussions and posts and posts and posts.

Don’t disagree with that, but folks should know they are feeding the beast they loathe.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

#1 todd: obvious reasons
#2 charlie: also obvious
#3 who is jorge?

#4. subtract 5 points
#5. 93pts

I found that seriously weird as well!

Strange also about some badly updated biographys. A few more hours searching the internet wouldn’t have hurt. Or perhaps, just that, a vastly written piece without much substance? That said, I do agree on many people being on the list.

Tanzer’s bio is at least 4 years old.

David Trone not in the top 5 is ridiculous…

Barbara Banke is top 10

Agreed with the Trone placement. The list (at least the top 10) seems to conflate “influence” with $$$ signs. So if the reason Alvarez-Peters is listed as #1 for her $1.69 billions in wine revenue, why does Trone’s $3 billions only gets him to #11.

Oh and Charlie, I was a Mod before you were so… neener

Also, no Jancis or Hugh J.?

Flawed list…it’s got too many people that just don’t matter.