09 Myriad Cab 4 ways

I don’t think wine is that sensitive to short term storage at temperatures up to 80. I would think the containers on a ship get warm inside and the imports are in the containers for weeks. I once had a shipment of ports from Trentadue when one of the bottles shows signs of leakage from heat. They shipped us replacements and told us to keep the wine we thought was cooked. It tasted just fine.

Not sure how shipments are made to Massachusetts, but I got one email from Cape Cod Express on Wednesday, Nov 16, saying that delivery would be on Thursday, Nov 17, but then I got another email on Thursday, saying that FedEx would deliver today, Nov 18.

I have no idea why its taking almost a week longer to deliver to Massachusetts, as opposed to all of you in NJ/NY who got it earlier in the week. Sounds like my delivery may have been sitting somewhere all forlorn? [cry.gif]

I received the same e-mails and the wine showed up today at my office (along with Quivet in the same boxes) cool to the touch.

In answer to the original post, I popped a Twins two nights ago. It didn’t seem to me to need any age or air at all. Very expressive nose, loads of ripe fruit on the palate, fine-grained tannins and a long finish.

I didn’t see a reason to wait. Go for it!

After not getting any emails with tracking numbers, I contacted Mike and Leah to see if they knew anything about my shipment. Talk about great customer service! They were very prompt in returning my email and were able to track down my package for me almost immediately. Looks as though the whole 3-tier shipping requirements for MA are what slow things down a bit. My bottles showed up today at my office, and everything looks great!

Mine too, I would have loved to open it…