Dim Sum @ Elite in Monterey Park... April 10 @ 1pm. Winning!

Sup all

Time: 1:00pm
Date: April 10th
700 S Atlantic Blvd
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Theme: Wines that are winning, duh!

Been tossing this idea around with the fellows. Elite has some of the best dim sum in southern cali (or most unique dim sum) and they have huge tables that can support our wine and copious amounts of food. Since they get very busy, we’re gonna do 1pm, so the later lunch rush. Going to limit it to 10 people.

Roughly $20-30 a person.

No theme, bring whatever you’d like to drink. I’ll most likely bring some white burg and champagne :smiley:

Attending

1. Charlie
  2. Ju Yuan
  3. Rick
  4. ed
  5. arnie
  6. lisa
  7. Jacob
  8. Lester
  9. Sebastian

can’t make 10th but any other sunday will work

Could do any weekend other than April 17th. April 23rd?

**So Charlie, this Offline is gonna be more successful than that one for Sam Woo? [wink.gif]

Lisa and I can attend all Sundays but 4/17. If its 4/17 it will just be me.

Arnie

I’d like to attend. Any Sunday in April will work for me.

I’m down for some dim sum and my first berserker offline. any weekend in April works

added for both of you above. I promise fun times :smiley:

We’re going go with the 10th at 1pm. (rick can do the 10th at 1).

please add me + 1,

90% chance I will be in AZ, but, if not, have this in the planner.

Yo Fu! zMz in da house.

If ur g/f calls u a ‘fatty’ judging from ur profile 'tar, then she’d call me 6mo preggers- given my 30lbs gain from the past decade of doing massive ‘research’ on wine & dim sum pairing. I am now of course, a dim sum & wine pairing genius… currently on a diet :frowning: . Take it from a pro who’s palate is far more severe than print media critics like J.Gold et al (4 CNY & my B-day, Sun Feb.6 I bought a load of $150 worth of take out from the usual 4 suspects, the lesser of 4 being my last stop @Elite), you’d be better off going to Elite early in the day versus later. Later in the day you run the risk of them running out of ‘favorites’…same for any dim sum service restaurant.

Might suggest the tables outside/patio facing El Porto if weather is good. I know the super short manager @Elite from when he used to be the main manager @The Kitchen, not sure if you could reserve a table @10AM, which is when I recommend you start, peak business hits around 11AM and doesn’t quit until around 2PM. It will be quieter out there then in the main room or the smaller room with a door. PM me if you want suggestions for the next OL, at other top choices for dim sum service. For dim sum Elite is just a tad off in quality since last year, others have returned to form, Sea Harbour (Rudy K’s choice for his private room, high-end dinners) is still near tops, though not quite the level it once was in the earlier years.

Back in '06 the local Volvo dealership sponsored a Volvo C30 raffle give away contest at the annual LA18TV Harvest Moon Festival in Arcadia. You’re thread title is incorrect, unless you bring one of these Import Tuner (I asked) models , you’re not really ‘winning’ like the other Charlie neener

^click on this thumbnail image for full-size :stuck_out_tongue:
The Chinese version (she spoke & read Chinese) of Jessica Alba on the left was giving me her Alba ‘come hitter’ look, though I didn’t score, despite my usual magnanimous charms. I think we both need to drink a few/many bottles of tigers blood wine, given the lack of Adonis DNA.

Why did Jessi have to go and get married… to him?

I cannot begin to tell you how good 105-year-old wine tastes, so will instead defer to the phraseology she employed in describing it: “very nice”; “lovely”; “beautiful”; “holy shit!”; and “stupid,” by which she meant brilliant. We sat on the patio of the West Hollywood restaurant Bastide

She can sense the Pyrenees in a minerally bottle of Spanish Garnacha Blanca or divine the difference between an Austrian and an Australian Riesling. When necessary, she can be critical. For example, she describes the sommelier at a popular celebrity-owned restaurant as “a fucking moron who has no palate for wine at all and will sell you anything fucking expensive.” While such profanity may seem crass or mean-spirited, from her the expletives are somehow > > winning> . When the actress says “fucking moron,” it sounds like anyone else saying “strawberry pie”; when she calls someone a “little shit-eating bastard,” she might as well be describing him as a “cute little koala bear.”

Charlie,

Please put me down for one, waiting list.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Gordon,

Timing isn’t a big deal for us as Elite rarely runs out of food.

I like Sea Harbor but I don’t like waiting. We have a “gold card” for elite which puts us at the front of the line no matter the size of our table. I picked 1pm so everyone could hang out.

done

Did Chard & Pinot @ Elite a month or so back. Definitely winning.

That’s what I always want to do, white burg and red burg , the winning combo of all rockstar Vatican assassins.

Combined with the warlocks in the kitchen, you got a meal that delivers the goods
at every frickin turn.

Cheers!

I think we can ultimately expand this to 12, not 100% sure but will confirm soon.

dim sum tasting is such a great idea. i’ve been trying to plan one in the dc area for a while. be sure to post tasting notes, as i’d love to hear how it went.

Arizona has been confirmed. So, I will be missing this one, but, getting to drink with one Mr. Nowak.

sebastian, I think we can fit you in. One more seat can’t hurt =) Consider yourself in!