Eurocave Premier/Pure/Revelation

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Jmigliano

Eurocave Premier/Pure/Revelation

#1 Post by Jmigliano »

Need to get another wine fridge in the house. I already have a Eurocave Premier L. Is it worth it or better for the wine to upgrade to the Pure or Revelation?
J o h n

Michael_H
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: Eurocave Premier/Pure/Revelation

#2 Post by Michael_H »

According to a few folks that I talked to when I was making the same decision, the cooling and shelving is the same - you are just getting aesthetic bells and whistles. For me, that wasn't worth it and I've been very happy the my premiers.
M!ch@el H3nd0n

Ofer Refaeli
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Ofer Refaeli »

Humidity control ?!

PatrickW
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by PatrickW »

Was wondering the same thing myself. If I understand correctly the Premiere holds a constant humidity within the "normal cellar range". The Pure/Revelation both have active humidity control that you can adjust.

Does anyone have experience with the Premiere line? Would it be worth the extra to upgrade to the Pure?
W e n g e r

Jmigliano

#5 Post by Jmigliano »

Ended up with the revelation and I like it. Not sure if it’s really worth the extra money but it looks much nicer,
Sleeker.
J o h n

Dennis_L

#6 Post by Dennis_L »

I have both. There's not a "control" per se, it is just a little box w/ some clay balls and if it gets dry, you pour a glass of water into it. You can pick up separately.

I track both units temp and humidity (~1400 datapoints a day).

Premiere: max 54.45F / min 51.47F / avg 53.18F Humidity max 80.2 / min 52.9 / avg 73.1%
Revelation: max 53.83F / min 52.30F / 53.15F Humidity max 84.6 / min 57.4 / avg 76.5%

As you can see both are pretty steady but revelation is a smidge tighter on the range.

+1 on can't say it's worth the extra money, but certainly looks way nicer.
D3nn!s L ! u

CraigT

#7 Post by CraigT »

I bought the pure a year ago and am happy with it. The door is much better than the premier. The shelves are great too. The humidity is usually between 57-65 percent. I have it in Arizona where is has low humidity.
Craig Teets

Jmigliano

#8 Post by Jmigliano »

CraigT wrote: January 31st, 2021, 11:44 am I bought the pure a year ago and am happy with it. The door is much better than the premier. The shelves are great too. The humidity is usually between 57-65 percent. I have it in Arizona where is has low humidity.
Where in AZ. I’m down in Oro Valley/Tucson.
J o h n

CraigT

#9 Post by CraigT »

[cheers.gif]
I’m in Sedona.
Craig Teets

Dennis Lopez

#10 Post by Dennis Lopez »

I have a Eurocave Pure. Not really sure of the difference between the Pure and Premier. You can’t adjust the humidity on the Pure. Like someone mentioned, you receive a cartridge with some sort of absorbent rocks that you can wet if your humidity is too low. I live in Southern California, and the humidity runs between 55-70%. Usually higher this time of year since the condenser isn’t running as much as the summer.

Dennis_L

#11 Post by Dennis_L »

Dennis Lopez wrote: January 31st, 2021, 8:05 pm I have a Eurocave Pure. Not really sure of the difference between the Pure and Premier. You can’t adjust the humidity on the Pure. Like someone mentioned, you receive a cartridge with some sort of absorbent rocks that you can wet if your humidity is too low. I live in Southern California, and the humidity runs between 55-70%. Usually higher this time of year since the condenser isn’t running as much as the summer.
https://en.eurocave.com/accessories/447 ... balls.html

This thing.. U can totally make ur own.
D3nn!s L ! u

Dennis Lopez

#12 Post by Dennis Lopez »

Dennis_L wrote: January 31st, 2021, 9:10 pm
Dennis Lopez wrote: January 31st, 2021, 8:05 pm I have a Eurocave Pure. Not really sure of the difference between the Pure and Premier. You can’t adjust the humidity on the Pure. Like someone mentioned, you receive a cartridge with some sort of absorbent rocks that you can wet if your humidity is too low. I live in Southern California, and the humidity runs between 55-70%. Usually higher this time of year since the condenser isn’t running as much as the summer.

I’m sure you could make your own. It comes with the unit when you purchase it new.

Dennis_L

#13 Post by Dennis_L »

Dennis Lopez wrote: February 1st, 2021, 2:40 pm
Dennis_L wrote: January 31st, 2021, 9:10 pm

I’m sure you could make your own. It comes with the unit when you purchase it new.
Yeah my revelation included one, but premiere did not.
D3nn!s L ! u

Return to “Wine Talk”