TN: 2016 Rhys Chardonnay Bearwallow Vineyard AV

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member

TN: 2016 Rhys Chardonnay Bearwallow Vineyard AV

#1 Post by Frank Murray III » March 8th, 2020, 9:55 am

Didn't see a TN when I did the search so I'll drop a new post up in the event someone wants to tag on.
  • 2016 Rhys Chardonnay Bearwallow Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (3/7/2020)
    About a year and a half since I really sat down and tasted through a bottle of this wine. Opened the current bottle about 4 hours ago, took to a party then brought a small amount home for this note. The aromatic of oak infuses the wine, with a mix of vanilla bean and some toast, as well as flavoring aspects of the palate. I don't mind the oak here because the fruit is able to play alongside it, with a distinct lemony quality to the wine, along with green apple, dried pineapple, ginger and flint. The weight here is squarely medium and with the listed all of 12.5%, and pairing this with an arugula salad, it drinks great. Nothing heavy here, a more lithe version of Bear Chard and one that seems to be cruising along just fine. FWIW, some tasters noted either a ripeness or flamboyant quality to the wine....I don't find that.
Posted from CellarTracker
My best wines for 2020:
2014 Marie Courtin Champagne Efflorescence Extra Brut
2012 Minière F & R Champagne Influence Brut
2008 Rhys Skyline PN SCM

My best wines for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut

Kindness matters.

Return to “Wine Talk”