Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Post Reply
Message
Author
Michael S. Monie
Posts: 4041
Joined: May 14th, 2013, 7:36 am

Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#1 Post by Michael S. Monie » October 15th, 2019, 4:54 pm

I'll be drinking a Labruyere Anthologie Brut Rose. What will you be opening?
Platonic, Tantric, Sacred, Mundane, Malevolent ©

Subu Ramachandran
Posts: 685
Joined: May 3rd, 2017, 1:16 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#2 Post by Subu Ramachandran » October 17th, 2019, 7:10 am

Didn't know about the champagne day Michael, will try a Bereche blanc de blanc if recuperate in time!

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5921
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#3 Post by Blake Brown » October 17th, 2019, 7:17 am

Just about every day is champagne day in our house and since my wife is from the Netherlands, it gets internationally acclaimed as well. We did establish champagne Friday many years ago, so it is fitting this year to add another reason to pop some good bubbly. Tomorrow, Friday October 18, it'll be a NV Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose {as it was yesterday}.
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

YLee
Posts: 1384
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#4 Post by YLee » October 17th, 2019, 11:54 am

Blake Brown wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 7:17 am
Just about every day is champagne day in our house and since my wife is from the Netherlands, it gets internationally acclaimed as well. We did establish champagne Friday many years ago, so it is fitting this year to add another reason to pop some good bubbly. Tomorrow, Friday October 18, it'll be a NV Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose {as it was yesterday}.
Almost every day you drink Champagne at home?!
Sounds like a fun house!
-¥ 0 ñ 9

User avatar
Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 909
Joined: August 21st, 2009, 8:27 am
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#5 Post by Michael O'Brien » October 17th, 2019, 12:05 pm

A small group of us are getting together for a weekend offline. Champagne is definitely on the list. Tomorrow we are having 2006 Dom Pérignon and 2008 Dom Pérignon. We decided to celebrate International Champagne Day again on Saturday as well. On Saturday we are having 2002 Dom Ruinart Champagne Blanc de Blancs and 2004 Delamotte Champagne Blanc de Blancs. Funny how that worked out. All of the names start with the letter "D." That was not intentional.
PlanoWino

YLee
Posts: 1384
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#6 Post by YLee » October 17th, 2019, 12:06 pm

D for let's get "Drunk" champagne.gif
-¥ 0 ñ 9

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5921
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#7 Post by Blake Brown » October 17th, 2019, 2:29 pm

Michael O'Brien wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 12:05 pm
A small group of us are getting together for a weekend offline. Champagne is definitely on the list. Tomorrow we are having 2006 Dom Pérignon and 2008 Dom Pérignon. We decided to celebrate International Champagne Day again on Saturday as well. On Saturday we are having 2002 Dom Ruinart Champagne Blanc de Blancs and 2004 Delamotte Champagne Blanc de Blancs. Funny how that worked out. All of the names start with the letter "D." That was not intentional.
Damn good Decisions
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

User avatar
Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 10948
Joined: July 22nd, 2009, 6:58 pm
Location: Calistoga, Napa Valley, CA

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#8 Post by Merrill Lindquist » October 18th, 2019, 9:11 am

Blake Brown wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 7:17 am
Just about every day is champagne day in our house and since my wife is from the Netherlands, it gets internationally acclaimed as well. We did establish champagne Friday many years ago, so it is fitting this year to add another reason to pop some good bubbly. Tomorrow, Friday October 18, it'll be a NV Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose {as it was yesterday}.
Same here - after tasting and testing a lot of Cabernet, my go to for relaxation is Champagne. Was recently gifted a bottle of 2006 Billecart Nicolas Francois - any experience with that one?
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5921
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#9 Post by Blake Brown » October 18th, 2019, 9:29 am

Merrill Lindquist wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 9:11 am
Blake Brown wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 7:17 am
Just about every day is champagne day in our house and since my wife is from the Netherlands, it gets internationally acclaimed as well. We did establish champagne Friday many years ago, so it is fitting this year to add another reason to pop some good bubbly. Tomorrow, Friday October 18, it'll be a NV Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose {as it was yesterday}.
Same here - after tasting and testing a lot of Cabernet, my go to for relaxation is Champagne. Was recently gifted a bottle of 2006 Billecart Nicolas Francois - any experience with that one?
Merrill, you'll love the Nicolas Francois, but be careful not to love it too much for every day drinking as it is pricy= ~ $130.
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

User avatar
Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4196
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 12:48 pm

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#10 Post by Paul Jaouen » October 18th, 2019, 9:42 am

Why is it "International" Champagne day? Champagne is only French.
Best,
Paul Jaouen

User avatar
Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 10948
Joined: July 22nd, 2009, 6:58 pm
Location: Calistoga, Napa Valley, CA

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#11 Post by Merrill Lindquist » October 18th, 2019, 9:54 am

Blake Brown wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 9:29 am
Merrill Lindquist wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 9:11 am
Blake Brown wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 7:17 am
Just about every day is champagne day in our house and since my wife is from the Netherlands, it gets internationally acclaimed as well. We did establish champagne Friday many years ago, so it is fitting this year to add another reason to pop some good bubbly. Tomorrow, Friday October 18, it'll be a NV Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose {as it was yesterday}.
Same here - after tasting and testing a lot of Cabernet, my go to for relaxation is Champagne. Was recently gifted a bottle of 2006 Billecart Nicolas Francois - any experience with that one?
Merrill, you'll love the Nicolas Francois, but be careful not to love it too much for every day drinking as it is pricy= ~ $130.
I had that feeling. champagne.gif
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

User avatar
R@y.Tupp@+sch
Posts: 2634
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 8:22 am

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#12 Post by R@y.Tupp@+sch » October 18th, 2019, 10:20 am

Paul Jaouen wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 9:42 am
Why is it "International" Champagne day? Champagne is only French.
Not according to Korbel.
Killer, Staggering, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor ®

User avatar
Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4196
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 12:48 pm

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#13 Post by Paul Jaouen » October 18th, 2019, 11:16 am

R@y.Tupp@+sch wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 10:20 am
Paul Jaouen wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 9:42 am
Why is it "International" Champagne day? Champagne is only French.
Not according to Korbel.
[rofl.gif] champagne.gif
Best,
Paul Jaouen

User avatar
J deBear
Posts: 3
Joined: November 23rd, 2019, 4:49 am

Re: Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

#14 Post by J deBear » December 4th, 2019, 4:33 pm

Blake Brown wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 7:17 am
Just about every day is champagne day in our house and since my wife is from the Netherlands, it gets internationally acclaimed as well. We did establish champagne Friday many years ago, so it is fitting this year to add another reason to pop some good bubbly. Tomorrow, Friday October 18, it'll be a NV Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose {as it was yesterday}.
Cool - I thought we had invented champagne Friday’s, but apparently not. Grand idea though and we have embraced it as Lily Bollinger had. And now we will also join in the International Champagne Day festivities too. Such good information from this site....
champagne.gif
Will try the NV Delamotte for this Friday.
Cheers!
Joanna
Life is too short to drink bad wine!

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”