Seven % Solution tasting in Los Angeles June 2

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Brian Ojalvo
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Seven % Solution tasting in Los Angeles June 2

#1 Post by Brian Ojalvo » May 17th, 2019, 10:48 pm

Want to inform our Southern California contingent about this great tasting coming up on June 2nd at Hadley & Bennett in Los Angeles. West of Temperance will be pouring some obscurities along with many of our friends below. Hope to see some So Cal Berserkers there representing.

#arnotroberts @birichino_official @calderwine @dirtyandrowdy @dirtysouthwine @donkeyandgoat #edmundsstjohn @etxeawines @finedisregardwine @frontporchfarmer @gamlingandmcduck @giornatawines @grosventrewines #harringtonwine @horseandplow @ibrandwinery @jbrixwine @jaimeemotleywines @jolielaidewines @la_lepianewines @leo_steen_wines @liocowineco @liocomatt @drink_littlefrances @lofiwine @marchwines @matthiasson_wine @nonesuchwines @palminawines @paxwines @prestonfarmandwinery @reevewines @rootdownwines @ryme_cellars @sebastienpochan @serwinery @solminerwine @tessierwinery @thacherwinery @trailmarkerwineco @twoshepherdswine @untivineyards @villacreekcellars @west_of_temperance_winery
West of Temperance Winery

Ken Zinns
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Seven % Solution tasting in Los Angeles June 2

#2 Post by Ken Zinns » May 18th, 2019, 6:45 am

This will be the first time that the Seven % Solution event will take place in Southern California, as the organizers moved from the Bay Area where it had been held in previous years. Among many really good annual tastings, this has been my favorite of recent years for both the quality and diversity of wines poured there. I'm bummed that I won't be able to head to L.A. for this upcoming event - I've tasted and/or helped pour for Harrington or Edmunds St. John at nearly all of the previous Seven % Solution tastings and I'll definitely miss not being there this time (Bryan Harrington will be there to pour and hopefully Steve Edmunds will be there too).

Like Brian in his original post, I want to encourage Southern California Berserkers to get tickets for this - you won't be disappointed.

A link to more info and tickets here: Seven % Solution Los Angeles tickets through eventbrite
Note that trade / media passes are available too.

Still more info from the event organizers, Bergamot Wine:
Event info: https://bergamotwine.com/seven-percent- ... the-event/
Wines expected to be poured: https://bergamotwine.com/seven-percent- ... -the-wine/
Background of the event: https://bergamotwine.com/seven-percent- ... -movement/

I've written several reports on past Seven % Solution tastings that you'll be able to find on the Grape-Nutz.com website (and you should be able to search for abbreviated versions here on Wine Berserkers too). Looking forward to reading some reports from Berserkers here on the upcoming tasting! [cheers.gif]
ITB, Harrington Wines & Eno Wines, and Grape-Nutz.com

Brian Ojalvo
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#3 Post by Brian Ojalvo » May 18th, 2019, 10:11 am

Thanks for adding those links Ken. Appreciate that. Sorry we will miss you in LA in June as your insight is always refreshing. I'm certain our Seven % squad will be pouring in the SF Bay area again soon.
West of Temperance Winery

Steve Anderson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Steve Anderson » May 19th, 2019, 12:08 pm

Was never able to attend the Healdsburg event, so was glad to see this coming to LA. Looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Steve

Return to “Wine Talk”