2011 Musar Distribution in The States

Hi All~
Hoping any of my fellow Musar geeks maybe able to help me with a distribution question. My twins were born in 2011 so looking to get my hands on some 2011 Musar. I see on winesearcher that it has been distributed throughout Europe but there are no 2011 bottles available in The States. What gives?

Thanks!
Chris

Chris, here in Maine they only have up to 2010 as well. I’d reach out to your local wine shop and ask them to contact the distributor that sells Musar to ask about ordering the bottles you want. I’d suggest seeking out a magnum as they get tough to find after a little while.

FL only has up to 2010 as well. I’ll reach out and see when they should be getting the 2011 vintage.

Interesting topic as I’ve noticed a bunch of 2003’s in a couple wine shops here in Northern NJ over the past 6 months. Was trying to figure out how distribution worked. Maybe they were just bottles they had in inventory? Or some type of release of that year?

I’ve been waiting for the 2006s. I assumed that would be next after 2010 because it has been a while. (Musar held back the vintage because they thought it needed more time.)

We buy direct from Broadbent who is THE importer to buy from in the US…as do many other people orobaon the easy coast…happy to help you out at a fair price when it arrives. Mags too!

I purchased a case at $36 per bottle (10% off coupon) on futures from The Wine Cellarage on 12/11/2018.

I recommend buying from someone using Broadbent. There have been too many threads here describing what is believed to be poor provenance issues from other importers.

The 2010 was released in the US about a year ago, next release should be soon. This is where I get mine from https://vinconnect.com/chateau-musar/

Haven’t had the 2011 yet, but a few of my friends who have recently attended Musar verticals and tasted 2010 and 2011 side-by-side have said that 2010 is definitely a vintage one should stock up now, since it feels like a great vintage meant for the long haul. 2011 is a fruitier and more accessible vintage, although most likely it will develop and/or keep for many years as well.

So I heartily recommend any Musar fans out there to grab any 2010s you still have available.

I opened a 2010 2 nights ago because I was curious, and it is a very good Musar. I do find it difficult to judge young Musar, but at the least it was enjoyable now, had character and classic elements of Musar, and a great acidity and freshness to the palate which isn’t always the case with Musar.

All~
Thanks for the info. As suggested, I plan to buy a some mags along with 750s and will seek out the 2010 as well!!!

Chris