TN: 2016 Kelley Fox Wines Pinot Noir Maresh Vineyard Star of Bethlehem Flower Block

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Dale McClaran
Contributor
Contributor

TN: 2016 Kelley Fox Wines Pinot Noir Maresh Vineyard Star of Bethlehem Flower Block

#1 Post by Dale McClaran » January 13th, 2019, 2:16 pm

• 2016 Kelley Fox Wines Pinot Noir Maresh Vineyard Star of Bethlehem Flower Block - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (1/13/2019)
    Decanted 6 hrs. Pure, clean, delicate, and lovely came to mind in describing the bouquet, all wrapped in wild strawberry shell. Decieptivley light and lithe on the palate, spices are added to strawberry profile, and the way this gained weight and traction in the glass with a perfectly paired double cut pork chop and wild mushroom risotto was remarkable. Loaded with potential, but drinking so well already. My first Kelley Fox Pinot. I’m a believer. (94 pts.)
    Posted from CellarTracker
GO HAWKS!

M Passo
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2016 Kelley Fox Wines Pinot Noir Maresh Vineyard Star of Bethlehem Flower Block

#2 Post by M Passo » January 13th, 2019, 2:56 pm

I had I believe the 2015 at the winery and it was 100% whole cluster which gave it an appearance of lightness but tons of spice and material to age. I bought a couple and will try in a year or two. And of course Kelley is a force of her own. Mike
"All her friends in school were non-comformists, so she became a non-conformist too" Austin Lounge Lizards
Mike Passo

crickey

Re: TN: 2016 Kelley Fox Wines Pinot Noir Maresh Vineyard Star of Bethlehem Flower Block

#3 Post by crickey » January 13th, 2019, 3:15 pm

You and Micky Dolenz both.
Chri$ Ri¢k€y

Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Scott Tallman » January 13th, 2019, 4:26 pm

Great note. Have yet to crack any of the Maresh “block” bottlings, but greatly enjoyed the ones I’ve tasted at the winery.

Had her 2010 Maresh for NYE and it was in the zone with plenty of life left. Love drinking Kelley’s Pinots.
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

Brandon R

#5 Post by Brandon R » January 14th, 2019, 9:24 am

Really glad to read this TN, Dale. I bought two of these without having tasted a KF wine based on discussions here. They're on my must-visit next time I trek down to the Willamette Valley.
B. Redman

Return to “Wine Talk”