TN: 2007 SCEA La Tache St. Joseph Cuvée Guillamy

2007 SCEA La Tache St. Joseph Cuvée Guillamy - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, St. Joseph (6/20/2018)
Three years since my last taste of this wine, and a transformation has happened. What was once a rather screechy, high toned wine, has become a meaty, leathery, earthy wine with supporting structure and a mouthwatering finish. This is mature Northern Rhône Syrah with no artifice, just a clear view to a place. Lovely now and for a while to come.

Posted from CellarTracker

Not familiar with this producer, but will seek it out based on your note. WineSearcher not showing anything.

Selection Massale brought these wines in. If I recall correctly, they are made by a group of people who work the vineyards for Eric Texier and others in the area. There are (were?) two cuvees of Saint-Joseph, Guillamy and Badel, and from a quick glance at CellarTracker there seems to be a newer cuvee called “Bad Guy.” I bought a few vintages of the Guillamy and Badel and they were a lot like Texier wines, that is, excellent terroir-driven wines. I particularly liked their 2010s - not too surprising!

That matches my experience with my first 2 bottles. I still have one left. I have 09s and 10s, but haven’t opened any of those.

I have 2009 as well. Will wait a bit.

This wine is called La Tache? And de Villaine hasn’t filed a suit?

Here’s more on the producer.

https://www.selectionmassale.com/a-la-tache.html