Wednesday March 23 - New York City - 2001 Cali Cabs - on the BIG side - OP Updated

Announcements and planning of Offline events
Josh Kurek
GCC Member
GCC Member

Wednesday March 23 - New York City - 2001 Cali Cabs - on the BIG side - OP Updated

#51 Post by Josh Kurek » March 24th, 2016, 6:32 am

image.jpeg
Yup, this about sums it up...

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#52 Post by Dan Hammer » March 24th, 2016, 6:51 am

Awful food.

Great company and spectacular wine. [cheers.gif]

I know steakhouses are expensive, but $180 per person?
This space for rent.

Josh Kurek
GCC Member
GCC Member

#53 Post by Josh Kurek » March 24th, 2016, 7:01 am

Food, tax, tip, 16 bottle byo at a steakhouse, yeah, $180 all in sounds about right if not lower than I would have expected.

Re the food, I was quite happy with the quality but perhaps I am biased. Curious to hear others thoughts.

D@v1dZ

#54 Post by D@v1dZ » March 24th, 2016, 8:45 am

Josh Kurek wrote:Food, tax, tip, 16 bottle byo at a steakhouse, yeah, $180 all in sounds about right if not lower than I would have expected.

Re the food, I was quite happy with the quality but perhaps I am biased. Curious to hear others thoughts.
~$140 before tax and tip. Seemed about right to me, but I always get sticker shock when I look at a check with gratuity included.

I was merely whelmed by the steaks, but really liked everything else (which was not what I expected!)

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#55 Post by Diane Kessler » March 24th, 2016, 8:57 am

I thought the NY Strip had very good flavor and was cooked the way I like it-rare. I can see that being a problem if you prefer it cooked more, and I know a group sent their steak back for additional cooking. Those of us who were not planning to eat the potatoes had a hard time keeping our fingers out of the French Fries. I was not disappointed with the food.

Dan, can you be more specific about why you thought the food was awful?

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#56 Post by Dan Hammer » March 24th, 2016, 9:14 am

Diane Kessler wrote: Dan, can you be more specific about why you thought the food was awful?
Agreed. The sweet potato fries were delicious. So was the citrus salad and duck confit.

Steaks served on the other side of the table looked cooked when placed before us, but they were close to raw inside. When we asked to have them done up a bit, they came back rare. Very rare. It was the first time in my life that so much steak was uneaten/leftover at dinner.
This space for rent.

david lazer

#57 Post by david lazer » March 24th, 2016, 1:43 pm

Sorry I didn't get to take some of the leftovers. I know Dan sent the steaks back for more fire and they came back rarer. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought all the meat was great and cooked to my liking. For a NYC steakhouse, with that much BYO wine, I thought the price was high but reasonable.

Return to “Offline Planner”