Which Champagne are you drinking?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Blake Brown
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: Which Champagne are you drinking?

#2451 Post by Blake Brown »

2006 DOM RUINART BLANC de BLANC BRUT- disgorged 12/ 2016 with 4.5 gpl dosage; comprised of Chardonnay Grands Crus: 63% from the Côte des Blancs (predominantly Chouilly, Le Mesnil and Avize) and 37% from the northern slope of the Montagne de Reims (predominantly Sillery and Puisieulx); this was at least my 8th bottle of this treasure and thankfully it held true to form with consistent notes from those before it; there is a sense of royalty in the nose with inviting aromas of spicy citrus in the form of lemon and lime which continued on to be joined by ginger infused grapefruit, orange zest and white peach; it is super rich and full bodied and has a semi heavy mousse, amazing balance and bright acidity; as I’ve noted previously, it’s all I ever desire in a champagne and exudes class along with its charming elegance.

Cheers,
Blake
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2452 Post by alan weinberg »

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote: September 30th, 2021, 2:04 pmI was given permission to buy a few of these, even though I'm officially on a Time Out (Jonathan imposed) for my recent buying enthusiasm.
although quite difficult, I’m sure you will survive a 24 hour moratorium.

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2453 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

alan weinberg wrote: October 1st, 2021, 11:17 am
Sarah Kirschbaum wrote: September 30th, 2021, 2:04 pmI was given permission to buy a few of these, even though I'm officially on a Time Out (Jonathan imposed) for my recent buying enthusiasm.
So not fair! I haven't bought anything since first week in September. 😀
Sort of ITB - my husband imports a small amount of sake and I help out

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2454 Post by alan weinberg »

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote: October 1st, 2021, 11:45 am
alan weinberg wrote: October 1st, 2021, 11:17 am
and I’ve been good today! Though I did buy a 53 La Tâche yesterday . . .

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2455 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

alan weinberg wrote: October 1st, 2021, 2:57 pm
alan weinberg wrote: October 1st, 2021, 11:17 am although quite difficult, I’m sure you will survive a 24 hour moratorium.
Whoa. We're good friends, right? Friends like to share.

Michael S. Monie

#2456 Post by Michael S. Monie »

alan weinberg wrote: October 1st, 2021, 11:17 am although quite difficult, I’m sure you will survive a 24 hour moratorium.
How do you insure provenance with such a purchase?
“To study the Buddha Way is to study the self. To study the self is to forget the self. To forget the self is to be actualized by myriad things. When actualized by myriad things, your body and mind as well as the bodies and minds of others drop away. No trace of enlightenment remains, and this no-trace continues endlessly.”

― Dogen

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2457 Post by alan weinberg »

Michael S. Monie wrote: October 1st, 2021, 3:14 pm

How do you insure provenance with such a purchase?
Can’t. Store told me they had had it “a long time” and color was good. Cork looked good. Fill appropriate. And they made me a deal I couldn’t resist. Will say more after I get the bottle next week.

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2458 Post by alan weinberg »

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote: October 1st, 2021, 3:00 pm

yes but already promised Jerry. You visiting soon?

Warren Taranow
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2459 Post by Warren Taranow »

Blake Brown wrote: October 1st, 2021, 10:36 am 2006 DOM RUINART BLANC de BLANC BRUT- disgorged 12/ 2016 with 4.5 gpl dosage; comprised of Chardonnay Grands Crus: 63% from the Côte des Blancs (predominantly Chouilly, Le Mesnil and Avize) and 37% from the northern slope of the Montagne de Reims (predominantly Sillery and Puisieulx); this was at least my 8th bottle of this treasure and thankfully it held true to form with consistent notes from those before it; there is a sense of royalty in the nose with inviting aromas of spicy citrus in the form of lemon and lime which continued on to be joined by ginger infused grapefruit, orange zest and white peach; it is super rich and full bodied and has a semi heavy mousse, amazing balance and bright acidity; as I’ve noted previously, it’s all I ever desire in a champagne and exudes class along with its charming elegance.

Cheers,
Blake
Blake,
I missed the '06 vintage. I just ordered some 2009's. I have a couple of 2002's left for a special occasion. I love these, and will be visiting them in a couple of weeks.
Cheers,
Warren
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2460 Post by Kris Patten »

Tonight was a soft opening to moving to a new house...exhausted but shared RH Coutier Tradition GC disgorged 5/17 and AR Lenoble 2008 BdB GC with family that helped along with a local 2015 Treveri Marchant and Upland Vineyard Brut Prestige that held its own, which was remarkable even if it was a definitely a step behind in great company.
ITB

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2461 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

alan weinberg wrote: October 1st, 2021, 6:22 pm
Sarah Kirschbaum wrote: October 1st, 2021, 3:00 pm
alan weinberg wrote: October 1st, 2021, 2:57 pm and I’ve been good today! Though I did buy a 53 La Tâche yesterday . . .
yes but already promised Jerry. You visiting soon?
I have no immediate plans. Of course, if it were the '59 I'd make a special trip. ;-)

Jon Lawrence
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2462 Post by Jon Lawrence »

Blake Brown wrote: October 1st, 2021, 10:19 am
Jon Lawrence wrote: October 1st, 2021, 9:28 am
Blake Brown wrote: October 1st, 2021, 8:22 am 2007 TAITTINGER COMTES de CHAMPAGNE BLANC de BLANC- I`ve had quite a few bottlers of this release and loved them all, but none better than this one; it was 2008esque with an amazing amount of depth and complexity, power and richness; I looked more than once to be sure it was not the 08`; it had very enjoyable seriously honeyed citrus notes with a touch of slightly toasted brioche and spice being delivered in a creamy mousse; but it was the massive mouthfeel that highlighted this wondrous bubbly.

Cheers,
Blake
Blake - I agree with your note and I admit that I really underestimated the '07 when I first tried it back in 2018. Given that it's the weekend and I bought a bunch of seafood/fish for dinner tonight, I am going do a blind '07/'08 and see who wins and how close they are.
Looking forward to your comparison notes Jon. Enjoy therm both.
So I made this tougher on myself than I should have - poor pairing decision. I was running late and I still had half a bottle of Roederer 242 leftover from the previous night so I figured we would drink that while cooking. I steamed some mussels with garlic and thyme and served it with melted butter and that just clogged up my taste buds. I really should have opened a white Burg. I had just enough 242 left at that point to save for deglazing the next course so I opened both bottles, and asked my wife to pour one into a glass A one into glass B. I have to admit, I struggled. Everything smelled like thyme and tasted like garlic and butter. It was the finish that really differentiated the 2. One dropped off almost immediately and the other kept going. So I told me wife I thought glass A was better and she agreed and said it was the '08. We still have about half of each bottle leftover so we will drink those tonight with some Comtes friendly food.

Btw, the 242 was pretty good, better than any NV Brut Premier bottling that I can recall. 2017 base was not a great year in Champagne and this is still young, but no rough edges and a good value at $50. The main course was dover sole and the sauce from the Champagne deglazed pan was really good. I am looking forward to trying the '18 base year version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blake Brown
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2463 Post by Blake Brown »

Jon Lawrence wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 6:23 am

Blake - I agree with your note and I admit that I really underestimated the '07 when I first tried it back in 2018. Given that it's the weekend and I bought a bunch of seafood/fish for dinner tonight, I am going do a blind '07/'08 and see who wins and how close they are.
So I made this tougher on myself than I should have - poor pairing decision. I was running late and I still had half a bottle of Roederer 242 leftover from the previous night so I figured we would drink that while cooking. I steamed some mussels with garlic and thyme and served it with melted butter and that just clogged up my taste buds. I really should have opened a white Burg. I had just enough 242 left at that point to save for deglazing the next course so I opened both bottles, and asked my wife to pour one into a glass A one into glass B. I have to admit, I struggled. Everything smelled like thyme and tasted like garlic and butter. It was the finish that really differentiated the 2. One dropped off almost immediately and the other kept going. So I told me wife I thought glass A was better and she agreed and said it was the '08. We still have about half of each bottle leftover so we will drink those tonight with some Comtes friendly food.

Btw, the 242 was pretty good, better than any NV Brut Premier bottling that I can recall. 2017 base was not a great year in Champagne and this is still young, but no rough edges and a good value at $50. The main course was dover sole and the sauce from the Champagne deglazed pan was really good. I am looking forward to trying the '18 base year version.
Fun read Jon. I've missed the garlic and thyme notes in those wines, thankfully. As I read along with your story, I picked the 08` to be the one that kept going. There's a lot of soul in your experiment. Thanks for the follow through.
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

Blake Brown
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2464 Post by Blake Brown »

Warren Taranow wrote: October 1st, 2021, 8:53 pm
Blake Brown wrote: October 1st, 2021, 10:36 am 2006 DOM RUINART BLANC de BLANC BRUT- disgorged 12/ 2016 with 4.5 gpl dosage; comprised of Chardonnay Grands Crus: 63% from the Côte des Blancs (predominantly Chouilly, Le Mesnil and Avize) and 37% from the northern slope of the Montagne de Reims (predominantly Sillery and Puisieulx); this was at least my 8th bottle of this treasure and thankfully it held true to form with consistent notes from those before it; there is a sense of royalty in the nose with inviting aromas of spicy citrus in the form of lemon and lime which continued on to be joined by ginger infused grapefruit, orange zest and white peach; it is super rich and full bodied and has a semi heavy mousse, amazing balance and bright acidity; as I’ve noted previously, it’s all I ever desire in a champagne and exudes class along with its charming elegance.

Cheers,
Blake
Blake,
I missed the '06 vintage. I just ordered some 2009's. I have a couple of 2002's left for a special occasion. I love these, and will be visiting them in a couple of weeks.
Cheers,
Warren
IMHO, the 06` is almost as good as the 02` and both are stellar. I just got more.
Napolean Bonaparte

Jon Lawrence
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2465 Post by Jon Lawrence »

Blake Brown wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 7:07 am

Fun read Jon. I've missed the garlic and thyme notes in those wines, thankfully. As I read along with your story, I picked the 08` to be the one that kept going. There's a lot of soul in your experiment. Thanks for the follow through.
Blake - Glad you enjoyed the post. I am looking forward to finishing those bottles tonight without the added garlic and thyme.

Blake Brown
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2466 Post by Blake Brown »

Jon Lawrence wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 7:32 am
Blake Brown wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 7:07 am

Blake - Glad you enjoyed the post. I am looking forward to finishing those bottles tonight without the added garlic and thyme.
Too funny.
Napolean Bonaparte

Warren Taranow
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2467 Post by Warren Taranow »

Man, I’ve had this happen countless times after a garlicky dish. I put my nose in the glass, and get garlic more than anything. Maybe the brioche of a leesy champagne would yield garlic bread aromas. I’m surprised I’ve never seen this mentioned before. Garlic can make your glass stink!

Cheers,
Warren

CT - WST

Jon Lawrence
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2468 Post by Jon Lawrence »

Warren Taranow wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 7:40 am

Man, I’ve had this happen countless times after a garlicky dish. I put my nose in the glass, and get garlic more than anything. Maybe the brioche of a leesy champagne would yield garlic bread aromas. I’m surprised I’ve never seen this mentioned before. Garlic can make your glass stink!

Cheers,
Warren
And they say asparagus is a tough pairing!

Blake Brown
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2469 Post by Blake Brown »

Jon Lawrence wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 7:42 am

Cheers,
Warren
It goes well with thyme, butter and garlic.
Napolean Bonaparte

Zachary Mancini
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2470 Post by Zachary Mancini »

Thanks for the notes on the 242. Plan on opening one soon. How was the 07 Comtes? Plan on opening one this upcoming weekend.

Jon Lawrence
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2471 Post by Jon Lawrence »

Blake Brown wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 7:58 am
Jon Lawrence wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 7:42 am

Cheers,
Warren
It goes well with thyme, butter and garlic.
I served you a fastball down the middle and you hit it out of the park. Well done! champagne.gif

Jon Lawrence
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2472 Post by Jon Lawrence »

Zachary Mancini wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 8:00 am

Thanks for the notes on the 242. Plan on opening one soon. How was the 07 Comtes? Plan on opening one this upcoming weekend.
I don't normally drink before dinner, or even lunch for that matter, but I took a sample from the '07 we opened last night and it tastes much better now that the garlic, thyme and butter flavors have dissipated from my mouth. I think Blake nailed it in his note above. The spice and the honeyed citrus is there, great mouthfeel on the front-end. There is a sweet meyer lemon finish, much different than the lemon you tasted on the '12 Cristal. This bottle still seems a little thin on the finish despite the meyer lemon. Not the best bottle of '07 Comtes I have had. My ranking of recent Comtes vintages are '08/'06/'02/'04/'07. I think the first 3 are exceptional wines and the last 2 are very good. Sample size is very large, thankfully. I have not tried the '05 and only had the '00 a couple of times and did not care for it.

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2473 Post by alan weinberg »

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 5:32 amI have no immediate plans. Of course, if it were the '59 I'd make a special trip. ;-)
the 62 is the one I want.
But here, you can bring a 59 (bad fill): https://shopbanquet.com/industrywinemer ... e-searcher

Jonathan Kalman

#2474 Post by Jonathan Kalman »

Does anyone have any thoughts on Collard-Picard, Cuvee Prestige, Extra Brut?

Yao C

#2475 Post by Yao C »

2006 Henri Goutorbe Special Club
Rich, honeyed, nutty, oxidative; I joked that it was poor man's Selosse though really it's not a patch on the real thing; still for all the louche deliciousness it finishes clean, and was exactly what we needed for the lighter seafood dishes; good
C . h . 0 . o . n . 6

Michael S. Monie

#2476 Post by Michael S. Monie »

Neal.Mollen wrote: September 26th, 2021, 9:37 am we had the 2012 Hebrart Special Club last night, and my immediate reactions were both delight and regret. Why did I not buy more when they were available at a reasonable cost? Oh well; gets added to a lengthy list of champagnes that I have adored where my typical 2-3 bottles proved inadequate
The 2016 is on the shelf locally. Anyone had it?
“To study the Buddha Way is to study the self. To study the self is to forget the self. To forget the self is to be actualized by myriad things. When actualized by myriad things, your body and mind as well as the bodies and minds of others drop away. No trace of enlightenment remains, and this no-trace continues endlessly.”

― Dogen

Carl Steefel

#2477 Post by Carl Steefel »

Going to pick up the 2013 Hebrart Rive Gauche now. Perfectly balanced wine, developing a creamier texture with time in the glass, but also broadening substantially with about 1 hour of air. Highly recommended!

ON the Taittinger, the 2002 was great, but I guess it cannot be found (easily) any more.

Otherwise, what is the thinking on when the Taittinger will be at their peaks? I am thinking of the:

?????

Russell Faulkner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2478 Post by Russell Faulkner »

AFC15681-4AF4-4F6B-BFC3-218FF1A21AB0.jpeg
ITB - Feral - Art & Vin

Jake Rubash

#2479 Post by Jake Rubash »

Michael S. Monie wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 1:03 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote: September 26th, 2021, 9:37 am we had the 2012 Hebrart Special Club last night, and my immediate reactions were both delight and regret. Why did I not buy more when they were available at a reasonable cost? Oh well; gets added to a lengthy list of champagnes that I have adored where my typical 2-3 bottles proved inadequate
Based on CT notes I just grabbed 3x 2014 mags at $105per from Wally’s, seemed like a solid price!

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2480 Post by Neal.Mollen »

No, but depending on price, I wouldn't hesitate. I've had multiple vintages. They've all been a joy
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2481 Post by alan weinberg »

Jake Rubash wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 1:59 pm
Based on CT notes I just grabbed 3x 2014 mags at $105per from Wally’s, seemed like a solid price!
did you actually get them?

Al Osterheld
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2482 Post by Al Osterheld »

In addition to being a prestige cuvee which a reputable producer wants at a high level, Special Club bottlings have to pass two blind panel tastings (one at the vin claire stage, one after three years of bottle aging). I think selection requires a unanimous decision. So, Special Clubs tend to be consistently high quality.

-Al

Jake Rubash

#2483 Post by Jake Rubash »

alan weinberg wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 2:27 pm

I got an order confirmation 😬

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2484 Post by alan weinberg »

Jake Rubash wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 2:53 pm
alan weinberg wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 2:27 pm

confirmation or note saying “order was received,” as they send the latter and later f*** you.

Jake Rubash

#2485 Post by Jake Rubash »

alan weinberg wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 2:55 pm
alan weinberg wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 2:27 pm did you actually get them?
confirmation or note saying “order was received,” as they send the latter and later f*** you.
Ah yes, order received for now, I suspect disappointment is in my future

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2486 Post by alan weinberg »

Jake Rubash wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 3:05 pm
alan weinberg wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 2:55 pm

I wouldn’t hold my breath expecting fulfillment.

Blake Brown
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2487 Post by Blake Brown »

2012 LOUIS ROEDERER BRUT ROSE- this wine had been bottle aged for 4 years then allowed to rest for a further 6 months after disgorging at a 9 gpl dosage; 63% Pinot Noir, 37% Chardonnay;
I purchased a good deal of this and the Brut and have loved them both since first tasted; this had similar charm and appeal as those before it with lovely rose petal and fresh flowers aromas along with a hint of red cherry that became much more distinct once tasted; it was deliciously fruity giving ginger and white pepper accents to the strawberry, red cherry and white peach notes.

Cheers,
Blake
Napolean Bonaparte

Andrew M

#2488 Post by Andrew M »

alan weinberg wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 3:48 pm
Jake Rubash wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 3:05 pm
alan weinberg wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 2:55 pm confirmation or note saying “order was received,” as they send the latter and later f*** you.
I wouldn’t hold my breath expecting fulfillment.
I took a flyer on one of these on Sunday, plus $27 for cross-country ground shipping still seemed like a pretty good deal. I called today and they said it's already shipped. They have two left. Thanks for the heads up!

FWIW I picked up a 2016 Hebrart SC from Martin's in New Orleans over the weekend and plan to try it soon, will share a note...
M @ k $ ! m ø v ! ç

Blake Brown
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2489 Post by Blake Brown »

2015 VILMART GRAND CELLIER D`OR- 80 % Chardonnay, 20 % Pinot Noir classified Premier Cru and from vines 50 years old; aged 4 years on the lees after bottling; disgorged June 2019 at 7 gpl; no ML; this has nice pear, golden delicious apple and citrus fruit nicely accented with a streak of minerals and chalk; it has bright acidity, a pleasant mouthfeel, depth of concentration and is medium plus bodied; it served as a fine palate cleanser and we are now on the way with more champagne to come.

Cheers,
Blake
Napolean Bonaparte

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2490 Post by Neal.Mollen »

Blake Brown wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 7:51 am 2012 LOUIS ROEDERER BRUT ROSE- this wine had been bottle aged for 4 years then allowed to rest for a further 6 months after disgorging at a 9 gpl dosage; 63% Pinot Noir, 37% Chardonnay;
I purchased a good deal of this and the Brut and have loved them both since first tasted; this had similar charm and appeal as those before it with lovely rose petal and fresh flowers aromas along with a hint of red cherry that became much more distinct once tasted; it was deliciously fruity giving ginger and white pepper accents to the strawberry, red cherry and white peach notes.

Cheers,
Blake
My most recent bottle of this was a slight disappointment. Seemed to lack the verve of prior bottles.

Warren Taranow
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2491 Post by Warren Taranow »

Neal.Mollen wrote: October 6th, 2021, 12:13 pm
Blake Brown wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 7:51 am 2012 LOUIS ROEDERER BRUT ROSE- this wine had been bottle aged for 4 years then allowed to rest for a further 6 months after disgorging at a 9 gpl dosage; 63% Pinot Noir, 37% Chardonnay;

Cheers,
Blake
My most recent bottle of this was a slight disappointment. Seemed to lack the verve of prior bottles.
I only bought two from ‘13, while I typically buy more. Maybe my mistake wasn’t a bad one.

CT - WST

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2492 Post by Neal.Mollen »

Warren Taranow wrote: October 6th, 2021, 12:34 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote: October 6th, 2021, 12:13 pm

Cheers,
Blake
I only bought two from ‘13, while I typically buy more. Maybe my mistake wasn’t a bad one.
I love the wine. Maybe I was out of sorts (happens sometimes) but this one just didn't seem to measure up. I've had probably 4-5 bottles in the past that have been excellent

D@vid Bu3ker
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2493 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

[attachment=0]76D5FDBE-B32C-49CB-8286-90E06183BCDE.jpeg[/attachment]

2013 disgorgement
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

Warren Taranow
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2494 Post by Warren Taranow »

D@vid Bu3ker wrote: October 6th, 2021, 5:02 pm 76D5FDBE-B32C-49CB-8286-90E06183BCDE.jpeg

2013 disgorgement
Nice. I’m sitting on a couple of these, but haven’t tried them yet.

CT - WST

Blake Brown
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2495 Post by Blake Brown »

NV CONTADI CASTALI FRANCIACORTA BRUT ROSE- 65% Chardonnay, 35% Pinot Nero; this was fruity, but not sweet; it had yellow peach, citrus in the form of lemon and orange zest and a nice dollop of strawberry to top it off; the mousse was light and forth and it was very refreshing and crisp as being served with a good chill.

09ADCC8A-32A0-42A9-BF41-2E289D6F830B_4_5005_c.jpeg

NV POL ROGER BRUT RESERVE- this bubbly has been produced for over 150 years in the same manner and consists of equal parts Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Meunier; in fact, it is still being hand riddled and they are the only negotiant to do so for NV wines; I’ve had this many times and this bottles was consistent with throe before it having a bounty of lemon, lime, pear and apple with accents of fennel and pine; it had a light creamy mousse and loads of charm.

thumbnail_IMG_0451.jpg
Cheers,
Blake
Napolean Bonaparte

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2496 Post by Neal.Mollen »

2008 Jacquesson & Fils Champagne Dizy Terres Rouges Rosé, and this vintage may be the best we have ever had.

My god this is a glorious, unique wine. Much darker and more vinous than any rose I have ever had, and the flavor profile is unique as well. Pomegranate? Quince? Wow what a pleasure this is to drink. What a pity the price has run up the way it has (as have most Jaquesson cuvees)

Warren Taranow
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2497 Post by Warren Taranow »

In flight, on our way to Paris and Champagne, Delta served 2 plastic cups of Canard-Duchêne Cuvèe Leonie. Let’s just say it won’t be in running for the top champagne this holiday. Last time we flew British Air (pre-pandemic) they served Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle. Either Delta is tightening its belts due to pandemic losses, or they need to up their wine game. Actually, the champagne wasn’t too bad for what it was.
I hope to post a travelogue on a new thread.
Cheers
Warren

CT - WST

Blake Brown
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2498 Post by Blake Brown »

Warren Taranow wrote: October 9th, 2021, 10:29 pm In flight, on our way to Paris and Champagne, Delta served 2 plastic cups of Canard-Duchêne Cuvèe Leonie. Let’s just say it won’t be in running for the top champagne this holiday. Last time we flew British Air (pre-pandemic) they served Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle. Either Delta is tightening its belts due to pandemic losses, or they need to up their wine game. Actually, the champagne wasn’t too bad for what it was.
Cheers
Warren
Were those cups from Rieldel? Looking forward to your notes. Have a fabulous trip.
Napolean Bonaparte

Jon Lawrence
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2499 Post by Jon Lawrence »

Blake Brown wrote: October 10th, 2021, 8:16 am
Warren Taranow wrote: October 9th, 2021, 10:29 pm In flight, on our way to Paris and Champagne, Delta served 2 plastic cups of Canard-Duchêne Cuvèe Leonie. Let’s just say it won’t be in running for the top champagne this holiday. Last time we flew British Air (pre-pandemic) they served Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle. Either Delta is tightening its belts due to pandemic losses, or they need to up their wine game. Actually, the champagne wasn’t too bad for what it was.
Cheers
Warren
Were those cups from Rieldel? Looking forward to your notes. Have a fabulous trip.
Hopefully you will get to try '08 Krug. Enjoy your the trip!

Jon Lawrence
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2500 Post by Jon Lawrence »

Last night was pizza night so started with '04 Comtes. I place '04/'07 Comtes in the same bucket, but below '02/'06/08. Still very enjoyable.

Return to “Wine Talk”