Wine Refrigerators

A section for those relatively new to wine, 'geeks in training', and for common wine topics
Message
Author
J. Cohen
Posts: 88
Joined: March 9th, 2020, 12:38 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#101 Post by J. Cohen » March 9th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Jay Miller wrote:
April 20th, 2015, 1:11 pm
The company with the best reputation for customer service is Le Cache.
The company with the worst reputation for customer service is Vinotemp.

I've had a no frills Avanti for the last 18 years that just keeps chugging along. No idea if they are still of the same quality.
Second Le Cache customer service. Phenomenal.
J a c o b

A.Khanna
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 30
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 6:57 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#102 Post by A.Khanna » March 10th, 2020, 6:10 pm

Lonnie F. wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 6:14 pm
A.Khanna wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 7:15 pm
Anyone have experience with this WE fridge available at Costco on sale at the moment?
https://www.costco.com/wine-enthusiast- ... 78590.html

I have been searching for a 300+ bottle fridge at a decent price point and would love to get a few suggestions.
Thanks for looking around. I just ordered this one. 300 bottles for less than $7 per bottle plus electricity. I just got tired of the Craigslist grind and I like the idea of white glove delivery.
You are welcome. Let me know so that I can get one for myself
Akhanna

Barry T
Posts: 5
Joined: October 20th, 2019, 6:29 am

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#103 Post by Barry T » March 12th, 2020, 8:59 am

I think I pretty much figured out the answer to my question (some time ago). At this point I don't plan on keeping any wine any longer than 4-5 years so my GE Monogram Wine Cooler should be just fine, I think. I've lost some storage space due to adjusting the shelving. It's maintaining a constant 55f. Right now I don't think I really need to invest in a EuroCave.
Barry Trub

User avatar
tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 185
Joined: November 18th, 2019, 8:02 pm
Location: Quincy, IL

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#104 Post by tpetty » March 15th, 2020, 8:18 am

I just ordered an Allavino wine frig. I was very limited in the dimensions that would fit in my bar. We designed a gap in the bar cabinets/counter for a beer kegerator when we built the house. Now replacing that with some wine storage. Went with this, Allavino's newest model and supposedly more quiet and more consistent temps. Only holds 100 bottles, but given my space I was very limited - not only with width but with depth (and still able to get the door open, because it's in a weird angled area.)
https://www.beveragefactory.com/refrige ... ellar.html
Just a $1000. Yep, I'm a high roller.
T o d d *** P e t t y

Vince L.
Posts: 341
Joined: March 26th, 2020, 10:37 pm
Location: LAX

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#105 Post by Vince L. » April 13th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Artevino 3 at Costco is on sale. $200 off till mid May.
Wish I had a place to put it.
l 3 r t

User avatar
Troy Stark
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 843
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#106 Post by Troy Stark » April 14th, 2020, 5:20 am

We love our Artevino 3s. Maintains temp and humidity perfectly. Compressors are pretty quiet - I have them both in my office and am on the phone all day and the noise never bothers me.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Vince L.
Posts: 341
Joined: March 26th, 2020, 10:37 pm
Location: LAX

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#107 Post by Vince L. » April 15th, 2020, 3:06 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 5:20 am
We love our Artevino 3s. Maintains temp and humidity perfectly. Compressors are pretty quiet - I have them both in my office and am on the phone all day and the noise never bothers me.
Glad to know; Did you purchase more shelves? I don't like how Costco displays them stacked up 2x-3x per shelf.
l 3 r t

User avatar
Troy Stark
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 843
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#108 Post by Troy Stark » April 15th, 2020, 3:11 pm

Vince L. wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 3:06 pm
Troy Stark wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 5:20 am
We love our Artevino 3s. Maintains temp and humidity perfectly. Compressors are pretty quiet - I have them both in my office and am on the phone all day and the noise never bothers me.
Glad to know; Did you purchase more shelves? I don't like how Costco displays them stacked up 2x-3x per shelf.
Yep we did. You can order them from Wine Enthusiast. They'll know exactly which ones you need.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Troy Stark
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 843
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#109 Post by Troy Stark » April 15th, 2020, 3:12 pm

Also ordered carbon filters from Wine Enthusiast.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Vince L.
Posts: 341
Joined: March 26th, 2020, 10:37 pm
Location: LAX

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#110 Post by Vince L. » April 15th, 2020, 3:19 pm

Thx good to know for when we close on our own place and I convince the wifey to drop $2K on a wine fridge. lol
l 3 r t

User avatar
Steve L Gellman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: February 12th, 2009, 11:18 am

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#111 Post by Steve L Gellman » April 15th, 2020, 10:33 pm

Waiting too see if Le Cache is going to have any type of sale

Ed L
Posts: 1
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#112 Post by Ed L » April 16th, 2020, 9:57 am

Hi Berserkers!

Love the information given on this forum. I found a place on craigslist selling open box/new/maybe damaged wine fridges in fremont/Newerk area. Anybody have experience with buying from these places (has 30+ fridges)?

Practicing safe social distancing, I am going to check them out in person. What are things I should check when buying a fridge? Because these are expensive and cash only, I don't want to buy a faulty product.

thanks for all the help.
-Ed
L i u

User avatar
Patrick T a y l o r
Posts: 238
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 6:59 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#113 Post by Patrick T a y l o r » April 16th, 2020, 6:14 pm

Vince L. wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 3:19 pm
Thx good to know for when we close on our own place and I convince the wifey to drop $2K on a wine fridge. lol
Roll it into the mortgage and maybe she'll never find out. :)
The enemy of the good is the prefect.

User avatar
Alex O
Posts: 31
Joined: May 9th, 2020, 3:53 pm
Location: Rockville, MD

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#114 Post by Alex O » May 20th, 2020, 4:54 pm

Ed L wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 9:57 am
Hi Berserkers!

Love the information given on this forum. I found a place on craigslist selling open box/new/maybe damaged wine fridges in fremont/Newerk area. Anybody have experience with buying from these places (has 30+ fridges)?

Practicing safe social distancing, I am going to check them out in person. What are things I should check when buying a fridge? Because these are expensive and cash only, I don't want to buy a faulty product.

thanks for all the help.
-Ed
I saw the post as well. I'm skeptical of it. If the units needed simple repairs why wouldn't they repair them and selling them for $1500+
I drink, therefore I am.
0radei

HoosJustinG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 437
Joined: January 18th, 2020, 9:30 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#115 Post by HoosJustinG » May 23rd, 2020, 7:35 am

I was between a Le Cache and a Eurocave to store our more special bottles and complement our Wine Enthusiast brand fridge that does OK but doesn’t control humidity and has a decent amount of variation front to back... about ready to pull the trigger on a $5k ... and then called an audible and decided to pay for offsite professional storage instead.

For one, the offsite locker has a much larger capacity (and ability to grow with my collection). Also, just financially on a per bottle basis, the fridge was going to be WELL out of warranty by the time the break even point hits, so there’s no guarantee it would actually be cheaper at all if a problem arises ... and frankly the possibility of a fridge going rogue and freezing always really bothered me. It still bothers me with the fridge we have, but I’d much rather freeze a $40 bottle than a $400 bottle. Lastly in terms of actual aging, the fridges really haven’t solved the humidity control especially well. The Eurocaves have a built in hydrometer, but the actual humidity management is still DYI ... you can’t just leave town for 3 months without just hoping for the best.

Anyway ... just something to consider.
I'm a good man ... in fact, it's my last name

User avatar
Troy Stark
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 843
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#116 Post by Troy Stark » May 23rd, 2020, 7:55 am

I poured 1 cup of water in our artevino IIIs when we bought them and the humidity has never gone below 50%. [shrug.gif]
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Dennis_L
Posts: 27
Joined: May 16th, 2020, 10:26 am
Location: 949 / 650

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#117 Post by Dennis_L » May 25th, 2020, 2:47 pm

Alex O wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 4:54 pm
Ed L wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 9:57 am
Hi Berserkers!

Love the information given on this forum. I found a place on craigslist selling open box/new/maybe damaged wine fridges in fremont/Newerk area. Anybody have experience with buying from these places (has 30+ fridges)?

Practicing safe social distancing, I am going to check them out in person. What are things I should check when buying a fridge? Because these are expensive and cash only, I don't want to buy a faulty product.

thanks for all the help.
-Ed
I saw the post as well. I'm skeptical of it. If the units needed simple repairs why wouldn't they repair them and selling them for $1500+
I pulled the trigger on one right before the lockdown.

I threw in a wireless tag to check temp and humidity and it's been super steady to where I've set it and humidity hovering around 56%.

Only thing is some corners of the gasket had a gap. I contacted Eurocave France (HQ) who referred me to their US Distributor Wine Enthusiast tech support. After a bit of the old hair dryer heat up trick the suggested it was fine; in parallel, they also sent me a gasket that I've not yet had to throw on.

Happy with taking the risk and YMMV but certainly would check their stock again I needed a second fridge.
D3nn!s L ! u

User avatar
Alex O
Posts: 31
Joined: May 9th, 2020, 3:53 pm
Location: Rockville, MD

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#118 Post by Alex O » May 25th, 2020, 4:59 pm

Dennis_L wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 2:47 pm
Alex O wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 4:54 pm
Ed L wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 9:57 am
Hi Berserkers!

Love the information given on this forum. I found a place on craigslist selling open box/new/maybe damaged wine fridges in fremont/Newerk area. Anybody have experience with buying from these places (has 30+ fridges)?

Practicing safe social distancing, I am going to check them out in person. What are things I should check when buying a fridge? Because these are expensive and cash only, I don't want to buy a faulty product.

thanks for all the help.
-Ed
I saw the post as well. I'm skeptical of it. If the units needed simple repairs why wouldn't they repair them and selling them for $1500+
I pulled the trigger on one right before the lockdown.

I threw in a wireless tag to check temp and humidity and it's been super steady to where I've set it and humidity hovering around 56%.

Only thing is some corners of the gasket had a gap. I contacted Eurocave France (HQ) who referred me to their US Distributor Wine Enthusiast tech support. After a bit of the old hair dryer heat up trick the suggested it was fine; in parallel, they also sent me a gasket that I've not yet had to throw on.

Happy with taking the risk and YMMV but certainly would check their stock again I needed a second fridge.
Thats awesome, happy to hear it worked out. Which model were you able to grab? Did they have a as many units as they're advertising?
I drink, therefore I am.
0radei

Dennis_L
Posts: 27
Joined: May 16th, 2020, 10:26 am
Location: 949 / 650

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#119 Post by Dennis_L » May 25th, 2020, 5:29 pm

Alex O wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 4:59 pm
Dennis_L wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 2:47 pm
Alex O wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 4:54 pm


I saw the post as well. I'm skeptical of it. If the units needed simple repairs why wouldn't they repair them and selling them for $1500+
I pulled the trigger on one right before the lockdown.

I threw in a wireless tag to check temp and humidity and it's been super steady to where I've set it and humidity hovering around 56%.

Only thing is some corners of the gasket had a gap. I contacted Eurocave France (HQ) who referred me to their US Distributor Wine Enthusiast tech support. After a bit of the old hair dryer heat up trick the suggested it was fine; in parallel, they also sent me a gasket that I've not yet had to throw on.

Happy with taking the risk and YMMV but certainly would check their stock again I needed a second fridge.
Thats awesome, happy to hear it worked out. Which model were you able to grab? Did they have a as many units as they're advertising?
a Premiere L.. I just tried to search, didnt see it, maybe they're locked down for SIP? They had quite a few of all the usual suspect brands, but only a handful of Eurocaves. Two others either had IMO pretty significant damage. 1.) the front glass was shattered and held by the film 2.) a crack on the top corner. Guy there was pretty transparent about what's what. Also, they're all plugged in so you could check it out.
D3nn!s L ! u

Lonnie F.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 515
Joined: November 26th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#120 Post by Lonnie F. » May 25th, 2020, 6:16 pm

A.Khanna wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 6:10 pm
Lonnie F. wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 6:14 pm
A.Khanna wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 7:15 pm
Anyone have experience with this WE fridge available at Costco on sale at the moment?
https://www.costco.com/wine-enthusiast- ... 78590.html

I have been searching for a 300+ bottle fridge at a decent price point and would love to get a few suggestions.
Thanks for looking around. I just ordered this one. 300 bottles for less than $7 per bottle plus electricity. I just got tired of the Craigslist grind and I like the idea of white glove delivery.
You are welcome. Let me know so that I can get one for myself
Akshit,

This was a great purchase for me. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Lonnie
Attachments
20200525_211055.jpg
Lonnie Fuller

A.Khanna
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 30
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 6:57 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#121 Post by A.Khanna » May 25th, 2020, 6:49 pm

That looks great.
Akhanna

Vince L.
Posts: 341
Joined: March 26th, 2020, 10:37 pm
Location: LAX

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#122 Post by Vince L. » May 25th, 2020, 7:46 pm

Wow right next to a bed?

Doesnt the heat dissipate from the rear/sides? Also must be pretty darn quiet.
l 3 r t

User avatar
Alex O
Posts: 31
Joined: May 9th, 2020, 3:53 pm
Location: Rockville, MD

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#123 Post by Alex O » May 27th, 2020, 7:00 pm

Vince L. wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 7:46 pm
Wow right next to a bed?

Doesnt the heat dissipate from the rear/sides? Also must be pretty darn quiet.
Lmao. A more entertaining alternative to "midnight snack"
I drink, therefore I am.
0radei

User avatar
Philip Liao
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 78
Joined: June 6th, 2020, 8:07 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#124 Post by Philip Liao » June 6th, 2020, 1:48 pm

Waiting on my 1st Eurocave. Should arrive this next week!!
I'm not having a glass of wine, I'm having six. It's called a tasting and it's classy.

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 465
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#125 Post by Max S. » July 1st, 2020, 7:20 pm

Lonnie F. wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 6:16 pm
A.Khanna wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 6:10 pm
Lonnie F. wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 6:14 pm


Thanks for looking around. I just ordered this one. 300 bottles for less than $7 per bottle plus electricity. I just got tired of the Craigslist grind and I like the idea of white glove delivery.
You are welcome. Let me know so that I can get one for myself
Akshit,

This was a great purchase for me. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Lonnie
Lonnie, still going strong? I'm trying to decide between that one and the Artevino. Does it maintain humidity levels?
5 w 0 m l 3 y

G. Singh
Posts: 83
Joined: January 4th, 2016, 10:46 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#126 Post by G. Singh » July 7th, 2020, 7:35 am

M a x S w o m l e y wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 7:20 pm
Lonnie F. wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 6:16 pm
A.Khanna wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 6:10 pm


You are welcome. Let me know so that I can get one for myself
Akshit,

This was a great purchase for me. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Lonnie
Lonnie, still going strong? I'm trying to decide between that one and the Artevino. Does it maintain humidity levels?
Let us know which one you decide to go with. I am in the same boat. Are WE refrigerators made by Eurocave?
G u r k i r p a l

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 465
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#127 Post by Max S. » July 7th, 2020, 10:39 am

G. Singh wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 7:35 am
M a x S w o m l e y wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 7:20 pm
Lonnie F. wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 6:16 pm


Akshit,

This was a great purchase for me. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Lonnie
Lonnie, still going strong? I'm trying to decide between that one and the Artevino. Does it maintain humidity levels?
Let us know which one you decide to go with. I am in the same boat. Are WE refrigerators made by Eurocave?
I'm not sure, but I keep hearing that the Artevino are. From looking around, the general comments are that the Artevino is more trustworthy than the cheaper WineEnthusiast option. I'm inclined to go with Artevino, but I've probably got 6 more months to wait so working on gathering data until then.
5 w 0 m l 3 y

G. Singh
Posts: 83
Joined: January 4th, 2016, 10:46 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#128 Post by G. Singh » July 7th, 2020, 5:43 pm

M a x S w o m l e y wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 10:39 am
G. Singh wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 7:35 am
M a x S w o m l e y wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 7:20 pm


Lonnie, still going strong? I'm trying to decide between that one and the Artevino. Does it maintain humidity levels?
Let us know which one you decide to go with. I am in the same boat. Are WE refrigerators made by Eurocave?
I'm not sure, but I keep hearing that the Artevino are. From looking around, the general comments are that the Artevino is more trustworthy than the cheaper WineEnthusiast option. I'm inclined to go with Artevino, but I've probably got 6 more months to wait so working on gathering data until then.
Artevino is definitely made by Eurocave (states on the Costco website). I will speak with WE re who makes their brand. I like Artevino too but the WE one is much larger.
G u r k i r p a l

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 465
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#129 Post by Max S. » July 7th, 2020, 8:47 pm

G. Singh wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 5:43 pm
M a x S w o m l e y wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 10:39 am
G. Singh wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 7:35 am


Let us know which one you decide to go with. I am in the same boat. Are WE refrigerators made by Eurocave?
I'm not sure, but I keep hearing that the Artevino are. From looking around, the general comments are that the Artevino is more trustworthy than the cheaper WineEnthusiast option. I'm inclined to go with Artevino, but I've probably got 6 more months to wait so working on gathering data until then.
Artevino is definitely made by Eurocave (states on the Costco website). I will speak with WE re who makes their brand. I like Artevino too but the WE one is much larger.
The size factor definitely keeps me second guessing
5 w 0 m l 3 y

User avatar
Troy Stark
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 843
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#130 Post by Troy Stark » July 8th, 2020, 12:29 pm

I think the bottle capacity of the WE fridge is WAY overstated. Check the interior and exterior dimensions, etc. I get about 12-13 cases into each of my Artevino IIIs (which I outfitted with extra racking that can be purchased from WE). The wines are a mix of Bdx, Burg, Champ and Magnum bottles. Magnums go on the bottle shelf.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

G. Singh
Posts: 83
Joined: January 4th, 2016, 10:46 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#131 Post by G. Singh » July 9th, 2020, 11:10 am

Troy Stark wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 12:29 pm
I think the bottle capacity of the WE fridge is WAY overstated. Check the interior and exterior dimensions, etc. I get about 12-13 cases into each of my Artevino IIIs (which I outfitted with extra racking that can be purchased from WE). The wines are a mix of Bdx, Burg, Champ and Magnum bottles. Magnums go on the bottle shelf.
Agreed - they are all way overstated. Artevino III is rated for 200, WE for 300 bottles. The real capacity is likely 20% less - but WE is still more. Anyway, Costco seems to be out of both of them right now.
G u r k i r p a l

User avatar
Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1155
Joined: August 21st, 2009, 8:27 am
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#132 Post by Michael O'Brien » July 9th, 2020, 11:24 am

My personal experience with WE does not involve wine cabinets but it does involve another WE branded product, their Vino-Voyage wine suitcase. Originally, WE sold wine suitcases manufactured by the original designer of the cases (Barry Wax, Line Sales LLC., VinGardeValise). WE sold quite a few of them. Behind the scenes, they apparently found a manufacturer in China that would create a close copy of the original design. Once they had a supply in their warehouse, they stopped selling the products from the original designer and started selling their own private branded wine suitcase. They even advertise it as TSA-Approved. As we all know, the TSA does NOT approve of products. The do require that they be compliant if compliance is an issue as is the case for suitcase locks.

Given my experience, I would not be surprised if WE found another manufacturer most likely in China to closely copy select versions (highest selling) of the Eurocave line that are inferior to the original but advantageous to WE from the perspective of cost and profit margin. Unlike the designer and manufacturer of the original wine suitcase which was launched in 2014; Eurocave is a long-established, globally recognized brand that WE is not likely to stop selling.

When I first saw the WE brand cabinets, I was in the market for another one. My other units are Eurocave. I attempted to find out more about the WE branded product, its manufacturer, reputation, etc. I received no response so I made the wise choice to buy another Eurocave; a brand with which I have had over 20 years experience.
PlanoWino

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5936
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#133 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » July 9th, 2020, 11:27 am

I’ve owned two of the smaller WE units both of which died pretty quickly. I won’t buy another.

Lonnie F.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 515
Joined: November 26th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#134 Post by Lonnie F. » July 11th, 2020, 9:24 am

M a x S w o m l e y wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 7:20 pm
Lonnie F. wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 6:16 pm
A.Khanna wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 6:10 pm


You are welcome. Let me know so that I can get one for myself
Akshit,

This was a great purchase for me. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Lonnie
Lonnie, still going strong? I'm trying to decide between that one and the Artevino. Does it maintain humidity levels?
Yep. No problem and humidity is steady at 72%
Lonnie Fuller

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 465
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#135 Post by Max S. » July 18th, 2020, 5:37 pm

Well, looks like Costco isn't selling the Artevino anymore... or is just out of stock.
5 w 0 m l 3 y

User avatar
Alex O
Posts: 31
Joined: May 9th, 2020, 3:53 pm
Location: Rockville, MD

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#136 Post by Alex O » July 20th, 2020, 8:57 am

M a x S w o m l e y wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 5:37 pm
Well, looks like Costco isn't selling the Artevino anymore... or is just out of stock.
Just saw as well. Wine enthusiast had one recently in their wine cellar outlet. Could be worth taking a look on their occasionally as you can make them an offer.
I drink, therefore I am.
0radei

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 465
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#137 Post by Max S. » July 20th, 2020, 10:37 am

Alex O wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 8:57 am
M a x S w o m l e y wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 5:37 pm
Well, looks like Costco isn't selling the Artevino anymore... or is just out of stock.
Just saw as well. Wine enthusiast had one recently in their wine cellar outlet. Could be worth taking a look on their occasionally as you can make them an offer.
I think I'm going to hold out for Costco. Really I just want that no-hassle Costco warranty.
5 w 0 m l 3 y

Lonnie F.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 515
Joined: November 26th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#138 Post by Lonnie F. » July 20th, 2020, 11:56 am

Vince L. wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 7:46 pm
Wow right next to a bed?

Doesnt the heat dissipate from the rear/sides? Also must be pretty darn quiet.
It's the guest room. Everyone wants to sleep over now!
Lonnie Fuller

User avatar
Alex O
Posts: 31
Joined: May 9th, 2020, 3:53 pm
Location: Rockville, MD

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#139 Post by Alex O » July 21st, 2020, 1:38 pm

M a x S w o m l e y wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 10:37 am

I think I'm going to hold out for Costco. Really I just want that no-hassle Costco warranty.
I hear ya. Their warranty is beautiful
I drink, therefore I am.
0radei

NestorJohnSalazar
Posts: 9
Joined: April 11th, 2020, 8:47 am

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#140 Post by NestorJohnSalazar » July 22nd, 2020, 6:57 am

I was looking at the artevino.... but just found a 1 yo Eurocave in CT for sale at a great price if anyone is interested new canaan?
I went the route of CL and found 2 Eurocave compact for 200$ a piece, 18 yo but... they are working great.

I also saw the fridge in ny with the broken glass... fellow accepted my FB offer of 1G...... but I dont think I"ll be able to get there to take advantage of it

Evan Tunis
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 53
Joined: January 17th, 2020, 9:28 am

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#141 Post by Evan Tunis » August 29th, 2020, 2:10 pm

Okay wife has finally given me the okay for a larger wine fridge than what we currently have. Her only condition is it has to be stainless steel. Any recommendations?

User avatar
Steve L Gellman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: February 12th, 2009, 11:18 am

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#142 Post by Steve L Gellman » August 29th, 2020, 3:12 pm

NestorJohnSalazar wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 6:57 am
I was looking at the artevino.... but just found a 1 yo Eurocave in CT for sale at a great price if anyone is interested new canaan?
I went the route of CL and found 2 Eurocave compact for 200$ a piece, 18 yo but... they are working great.

I also saw the fridge in ny with the broken glass... fellow accepted my FB offer of 1G...... but I dont think I"ll be able to get there to take advantage of it
Do you have a link for the one in New Canaan. If your not interested I might be.

User avatar
Troy Stark
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 843
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#143 Post by Troy Stark » August 31st, 2020, 6:37 am

Evan Tunis wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 2:10 pm
Okay wife has finally given me the okay for a larger wine fridge than what we currently have. Her only condition is it has to be stainless steel. Any recommendations?
Evan - we have an Avallon 27 bottle in our kitchen that is Stainless Steel and we absolutely love. Build quality is fantastic. I'd check them out.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5936
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#144 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » August 31st, 2020, 6:41 am

Evan Tunis wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 2:10 pm
Okay wife has finally given me the okay for a larger wine fridge than what we currently have. Her only condition is it has to be stainless steel. Any recommendations?
how big?

subzero makes some nice options but they're not inexpensive. We have the undercounter 46 bottle one that came with our house which is wonderful but like 4k.

Evan Tunis
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 53
Joined: January 17th, 2020, 9:28 am

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#145 Post by Evan Tunis » August 31st, 2020, 9:24 am

I need bigger.. Over 100 bottles if possible.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5936
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#146 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » August 31st, 2020, 9:28 am

Evan Tunis wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 9:24 am
I need bigger.. Over 100 bottles if possible.
they make this one that holds 146 bottles but is a bit pricey.

https://www.subzero-wolf.com/sub-zero/w ... ne-storage

Evan Tunis
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 53
Joined: January 17th, 2020, 9:28 am

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#147 Post by Evan Tunis » August 31st, 2020, 10:57 am

Its a beauty but way over my budget.

EAScrog
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 89
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:13 pm
Location: SF Bay Area (CoCo County)

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#148 Post by EAScrog » September 2nd, 2020, 9:31 am

It’s great this thread is still active. Now that I have a few cases of de Negoce’ wine coming next month, my storage needs to expand past the inadequate wine jail currently in use.

I’m looking for a wine refrigerator for everyday wines. Since the plan is to drink or cycle wines within 5 years, no long term storage is needed. I’m targeting about $1200.
It needs to store up to about 120 real bottles, and some of them are the larger Pinot Noir sized bottles.

Does anyone have this WE Costco model? https://www.costco.com/.product.100131855.html
Could this go in a garage where the temps might fluctuate from 40 coldest winter to 95 on a few hottest summer days. Or would that make it less reliable?
E l i z a b e t h

2020 is a layer cake of stress-inducing events. Have a glass of wine! [cheers.gif]

Vince L.
Posts: 341
Joined: March 26th, 2020, 10:37 pm
Location: LAX

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#149 Post by Vince L. » September 2nd, 2020, 9:37 am

Hi Elisabeth I was looking at that model but I don't think that would fit your needs. The manual states that ambient temp should be 60 - 77.

There's the Vinotemp that states it can be left in Garage but its 300 bottles @ $2,499.
l 3 r t

Toby P
Posts: 258
Joined: May 7th, 2018, 6:44 pm

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#150 Post by Toby P » September 2nd, 2020, 10:43 am

EAScrog wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 9:31 am
It’s great this thread is still active. Now that I have a few cases of de Negoce’ wine coming next month, my storage needs to expand past the inadequate wine jail currently in use.

I’m looking for a wine refrigerator for everyday wines. Since the plan is to drink or cycle wines within 5 years, no long term storage is needed. I’m targeting about $1200.
It needs to store up to about 120 real bottles, and some of them are the larger Pinot Noir sized bottles.

Does anyone have this WE Costco model? https://www.costco.com/.product.100131855.html
Could this go in a garage where the temps might fluctuate from 40 coldest winter to 95 on a few hottest summer days. Or would that make it less reliable?
Funny, almost my exact situation, was sizing up that WE fridge on Costco for possible garage usage. Appreciate the feedback Vince, def making me reconsider whether to splurge for the VinoTemp (if it was just the extra bottle capacity was leaning against but other benefits might make it worth it). Seems like some previous threads on WB have indicated VinoTemp is bad with customer service though :(

Also debating whether to wait and see if they put any of them on sale
P r a t t

Post Reply

Return to “Wine 101: The Basics”