Sabelli-Frisch Wines BD11 offer *EXTENDED FOR CORONA!*

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD11
Forum rules
Not 'Rules', necessarily, but here's how BerserkerDay goes:

I'll be launching offers in groups of 8-10, in increments of 30 minutes. Sponsors will stay pegged at the top of the forum all day, each new group of offers will come in at the top with them for their launch grouping, cycling into the 'normal' thread after their launch time has passed, with a new launch group posted atop the thread thereafter. Discussion is encouraged, as posting replies moves the thread up to the top of the grouping, whether that is during launch time group or the 'regular' forum.

Keep checking in every 30 minutes for new offers being posted, and keep scrolling down to see everything that has been launched throughout the timeframe in which you've been on the forum, which hopefully is ALL DAY
Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Sabelli-Frisch Wines BD11 offer *EXTENDED FOR CORONA!*

#1 Post by Adam Frisch » December 20th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Newbie alert! Trying to figure out these offers in anticipation of BD11, but I've come to understand from previous threads that including shipping seems appreciated and well received, normally. [cheers.gif] grouphug
Last edited by Adam Frisch on March 16th, 2020, 9:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Owner, proprietor and winemaker (with a little help) at Sabelli-Frisch Wines. I make wine from low-impact vineyards, focus on rare, forgotten, under-appreciated or historic grape varietals. Mission grape is my main red focus. IG: sabellifrisch

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Re: Sabelli-Frisch Wines BD11 offer!

#2 Post by Adam Frisch » January 24th, 2020, 8:17 pm

Alright beautiful people - game on! Super-excited!

First things first: I'm in Madrid for work (my other work, that pays for all this madness, still) during BD11, so bear with me if I don't respond immediately. I will as soon as I get back to hotel.

WINEMAKER BACKGROUND/INTRO:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=166384

I SHIP TO:
CA, NY, OR, WA, CO, NV, AZ, TX, DC, FL, AK, IL, PA, NC, MI, VA

WHEN WILL IT SHIP?:
End of Feb, beginning of March unless weather in your state dictates I hold on to it a bit longer.

HOW WILL IT SHIP?
FedEx mostly, within California it might be GSO. UPS also in the works, but their customer service for compliance is terrible, so not sure I'll get it in time. In greater Los Angeles area, I will deliver any purchase myself in A/C'd car to guarantee cool transport (if my wife lets me borrow the family car). [wow.gif]

WHAT'S THE SHIPPING COST?
Zero! It's included in price of the offer for BD11! [cheers.gif]

SALES TAXES?
Yes, unfortunately I do have to collect taxes for almost all states on their behalf. It's very annoying. And because it's sometimes a combination of the state tax and an extra county tax, I have to apply a "state average" to the states that implement that. Only ones that don't roll with taxes like that is pretty much CO, FL, AK and OR.

HOW MANY OFFERS? There will be only two offers, but at hugely reduced price!

ANY LIMITS ON HOW MUCH?
Nope. Buy as much as you want.

OFFER 1: BD SAMPLER PACK!:

This is a 5 bottle sampler that includes:

2x 2018 "La Malinche" Mission, Mokelumne River AVA, Lodi, CA. Red wine. Regular price: $30/bottle.
1x 2018 "Gordon W." Alicante Bouschet, San Joaquin County, CA. Red wine. Regular price: $30/bottle.
1x 2018 "Milk Fed" Marsanne, Sierra Foothills, CA. White wine. Limited edition wine that will only be available for 2018 vintage (variety changes each year). Regular price: $40/bottle.
1x 2018 "Lanterna" Flame Tokay, Mokelumne River AVA, CA. Rosé. Regular price: $30/bottle.

REGULAR PRICE: $160 + shipping.
YOUR PRICE: $99 incl. shipping! 38% price reduction before shipping!

LINK TO BUY THIS OFFER (will go active on the 25th):

https://www.sabelli-frisch.com/wines/bd-sampler-offer

OFFER 2: BD CASE OFFER!:

This is the full 12 case offer that includes a nice mix of:

4x 2018 "La Malinche" Mission, Mokelumne River AVA, Lodi, CA. Red wine. Regular price: $30/bottle.
3x 2018 "Gordon W." Alicante Bouschet, San Joaquin County, CA. Red wine. Regular price: $30/bottle.
3x 2018 "Milk Fed" Marsanne, Sierra Foothills, CA. White wine. Limited edition wine that will only be available for 2018 vintage (variety changes each year). Regular price: $40/bottle.
2x 2018 "Lanterna" Flame Tokay, Mokelumne River AVA, CA. Rosé. Regular price: $30/bottle.

REGULAR PRICE: $390 + shipping.
YOUR PRICE: $199 incl. shipping! 49% price reduction before shipping!

LINK TO BUY THIS OFFER (will go active on the 25th):

https://www.sabelli-frisch.com/wines/bd-case-offer

THE WINES:

2018 "La Malinche": Mission, Mokelumne River AVA, CA.

Tasting notes:
Fruity, peppery, soft but developed tannins, smooth mouthfeel. Very well balanced.

Style:
I think the mistake people have made in the past with Mission, is that they’ve treated it as a light red grape, probably because of its light color. But it doesn't fit into that category easily. In fact, it has very big tannins and is much more suited vinified as a medium bodied wine, in my opinion. So rather than go against it’s nature, I wanted to go with it and not fight it. That’s why I kept it on its skins for about 3 weeks. This imparts a great color and a wonderful mid to it with a nice mouthfeel, perfectly suited for food. It was aged mainly in neutral oak for 15 months, with just about 15% new oak to add a subtle roundness to the finish.

As always, naturally fermented, no filtering, no fining and with as little sulfites as I can get away with.

Vineyard:
Somers Vineyard might have some of the oldest Mission vines in the US. Nobody knows exactly how old they are, but our best guess is turn of the century. That would be the last century, not this one. Some say less, but for sure they’re at least 50+ years old. They grow right next to the river in the Mokelumne River AVA, Lodi, California and are mostly dry farmed, since their roots reach deep.

DSC00485-zoomed in.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_6582.JPG

2018 "Milk Fed": Marsanne, Sierra Foothills, CA. Limited Edition (only about 2500 bottles made).

Tasting notes:
When I crushed this, the juice tasted exactly like peachy ice tea. It was uncanny how close it was. Despite it's longer aging and some skin-contact, I can tell you that those peachy mineral notes are very much still there. Wonderfully fruity, but structured white with a smooth end. A "grown up" white. It pairs very well with foods you might consider a lighter red wine for.

Style:
These Marsanne grapes were crushed, put into clay amphoras with their skins. To my great surprise, and actually counter to what I was expecting, the skin imparted very little phenolic flavors and color to the wine. This pleased me very much as I had during the time that passed, grown less and less interested in making "orange" wines. So I was delighted that the wine almost read my mind. It is still a structured and fuller white, but it never overpowers or buries the fruit in oxidation like some skin-contact whites tend to do.

As always, naturally fermented, no filtering, no fining and with as little sulfites as I can get away with.

Vineyard:
Ramos Torres vineyard is an organically farmed vineyard in the Sierra Foothills. Impeccably farmed, it produces wonderful fruit from a cooler foothill location.

DSC00450.jpg
DSC00408.jpg
DSC00492.jpg

2018 "Lanterna": Flame Tokay, Mokelumne River AVA, CA.

Tasting notes:
Red apples, olive tapenade and brine. These are the notes I get when I taste it. Because of its skin-contact, much more structure than you normally find on rosés. Wonderful wine, absolutely over the moon with it.

Style:
This super-rare variety has a pink skin which makes it possible to make a rosé by skin-contact, which is not how rosé wines are normally made. The wine’s color is solely imparted by the 3 weeks of skin contact it had during fermentation. This creates a structured rosé, yet brimming with fruit. I like to call it an amber rosé. Aged in neutral oak and amphoras for 15 months.

Vineyard:
The Chandler Vineyard is a tiny vineyard in the Mokelumne River AVA, Lodi, California. The vines we harvest here are documented to be 119 years old, which makes them by far the oldest Flame Tokays in the US, most likely. An amazing treat to be able to work with such historic vines and enjoy their developed flavors. Only one of maybe three or four vineyards in the whole of the US that still has a little bit of this type of variety left.

DSC00467.jpg
DSC00363.jpg
DSC00491.jpg

2018 "Gordon W.": Alicante Bouschet, San Joaquin County, CA.

Tasting notes:
A complex wine with lots of layers of forest fruits and berries, some subtle herbal notes, smooth tannins whilst still retaining a lightness in its step.

Style:
My slight extended maceration gives this wine a subtle old world roundness and structure, without ever overpowering the fruit. It spent 15 months in neutral oak so as to not impart too much heavy-handedness, with just a touch of 15% new oak to round it off.

Vineyard:
The Dutchman Vineyard is a sustainably farmed low-impact vineyard in San Joaquin County that’s farmed by Sam and Carla Travaille. It has produced award-winning Alicante Bouschet for multiple producers in the past, so I’m glad to get access to this fruit.

DSC00472.jpg
DSC00399.jpg
DSC00495.JPG
Thank you for this opportunity to share my wines and for your support of a new member! flirtysmile [drinkers.gif]
Last edited by Adam Frisch on March 16th, 2020, 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Owner, proprietor and winemaker (with a little help) at Sabelli-Frisch Wines. I make wine from low-impact vineyards, focus on rare, forgotten, under-appreciated or historic grape varietals. Mission grape is my main red focus. IG: sabellifrisch

Jboonsook
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Jboonsook » January 26th, 2020, 10:26 am

In for a case
Jacob B

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Nate Simon » January 26th, 2020, 10:29 am

This is what B-Day is about: A great opportunity to try interesting wines from new (to me) producers. Totally excited to try these.

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Sean_S » January 26th, 2020, 10:35 am

Hi Adam,

Order in. Love some me mission and Alicante Bouschet. Glad to see you trying to fill in the void left my Harringtons exodus.

Sean
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard

Charlie Carnes
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Charlie Carnes » January 26th, 2020, 11:03 am

Order is in...
So shines a good deed in a weary world!

Ben M a n d l e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by Ben M a n d l e r » January 26th, 2020, 11:34 am

Thanks Adam, what a great offer. Order in - can't wait to try these.
ITB

Christine Courtney
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by Christine Courtney » January 26th, 2020, 1:17 pm

In for #1.....thank you for such a generous offer and can't wait to try!
"I can certainly see you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between bordeaux and claret" John Cleese-Fawlty Towers

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#9 Post by Adam Frisch » January 26th, 2020, 3:04 pm

Just got back to hotel here in Madrid and I'm blown away by the love you've shown! I honestly did not expect this amount of orders on the first day, or even at all! Amazing - thank you! Also, I just finished my Squarespace sales portal like the day before, so let me know if any automated email looks funky or if anything is unclear.

Thanks again and really excited for tomorrow! I'll try to post more as soon as I get back to hotel! flirtysmile grouphug [dance-clap.gif] [drinkers.gif] [cheers.gif] champagne.gif
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Paul Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Paul Miller » January 26th, 2020, 3:16 pm

Ordered a sampler. Can't wait to try these.

Dave H.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#11 Post by Dave H. » January 26th, 2020, 4:10 pm

Too weird to pass up. Really excited for these.
Hendrik

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#12 Post by Jorge Henriquez » January 26th, 2020, 4:35 pm

This is right up my alley!
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

Peter Petersen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#13 Post by Peter Petersen » January 26th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Took the case deal this morning. Looks like some very interesting wines and at prices that are hard to beat. Alicante Bouchet is not generally my style as it is often monolithic, but this version sounds enticing. Looking forward to trying all of them!

s.spewock

#14 Post by s.spewock » January 27th, 2020, 8:18 am

Have to agree with another berserker, that these are too unique/interesting/weird to pass up. In on the sampler.
Stan Spewock

paultgilmore

#15 Post by paultgilmore » January 27th, 2020, 8:43 am

Was looking forward to trying these. Ah, well, I live in MD. Maybe next year?

Corey N.

#16 Post by Corey N. » January 27th, 2020, 8:48 am

I had to grab some. I love story, the passion and the utter geekiness of it all.
WOTY: 2013 d’Yquem

Nøv¡¢k

Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17 Post by Bud Carey » January 27th, 2020, 9:05 am

Looking forward to getting my case. Thanks for shipping to PA!!
Budman

etomasi

#18 Post by etomasi » January 27th, 2020, 9:17 am

Looking forward to these! Been following your thread on the Mission grape for a while. Thanks!
---
Eric Tomasi
CT: Ericindc

Mark Jaffee

#19 Post by Mark Jaffee » January 27th, 2020, 9:29 am

Damn Jersey Shipping problem

John Eckenrode
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by John Eckenrode » January 27th, 2020, 10:16 am

I'm in, can't wait to try these.

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#21 Post by Michael Martin » January 27th, 2020, 11:16 am

Order in. The wines sound great and I look forward to trying them.

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#22 Post by Adam Frisch » January 27th, 2020, 1:20 pm

Thanks you all so much! [cheers.gif] flirtysmile grouphug [worship.gif]

And I'm sorry I can't ship to all states. I'm working on adding quite a few more during the year, but some of them have such egregious requirements or costs (like New Jersey) that it might take a little longer. The goal is to have every state eventually! Here's what I'll do - I will extend the BD11 offer to any new member from a state I've not covered before when they come online!
Mark Jaffee wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 9:29 am
Damn Jersey Shipping problem
Mark - do you ever go into NY? Or have someone there? I can ship to NY.
paultgilmore wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 8:43 am
Was looking forward to trying these. Ah, well, I live in MD. Maybe next year?
Sorry. I'll try to get M online sooner rather than later. It's on the shortlist!
Last edited by Adam Frisch on January 27th, 2020, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#23 Post by Adam Frisch » January 27th, 2020, 1:25 pm

I'm back at my hotel room here in Madrid, so will be here for a few hours (and will do my best to not spend what I sold on offers from other winemakers!).
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Andrea F

#24 Post by Andrea F » January 27th, 2020, 2:38 pm

so excited to try these!

Patrick T a y l o r

#25 Post by Patrick T a y l o r » January 27th, 2020, 2:47 pm

Howdy - Your wines sound Berserkerish and I would love to place an order... but I live in Indiana. Is it OK to put a dummy address in today, and deal with the real address later? I have friends in IL and MI; just need to get their preferred address.
The enemy of the good is the prefect.

And I'm proud to be a Berserker but not enough to join the Crü
And I won’t forget the Chardonnay that they poured down the loo
And my bottles stand up! the night before, to keep sediment away
Cause there ain’t no doubt, I'm on this board for Wine Berserker Day

jakewi

#26 Post by jakewi » January 27th, 2020, 3:16 pm

These sound right up my alley, can’t wait to try them out.

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#27 Post by Adam Frisch » January 27th, 2020, 3:44 pm

Patrick T wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 2:47 pm
Howdy - Your wines sound Berserkerish and I would love to place an order... but I live in Indiana. Is it OK to put a dummy address in today, and deal with the real address later? I have friends in IL and MI; just need to get their preferred address.
Sure thing! Offer will extend to the 28th anyway, so just put order in when you know. Or you can just put a note not to ship to your PayPal address and that I should check in with you closer to shipping. No problem! We'll make it work! [cheers.gif]
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Robert B.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#28 Post by Robert B. » January 27th, 2020, 4:22 pm

Went to site to buy two cases, but only saw one way to pay - PayPay. I do not do PayPay. I sent them an email.
B. = Bedwell
CT: RobertB321
Vivino: Robert B
Avatar is me in Oxford England fall of 2014

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#29 Post by Adam Frisch » January 27th, 2020, 4:27 pm

Robert B. wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 4:22 pm
Went to site to buy two cases, but only saw one way to pay - PayPay. I do not do PayPay. I sent them an email.
Thank you for your kind interest and attempt to buy, Robert! I use Squarespace and on there you only have two options for payments - PayPal or Stripe. Stripe doesn't allow alcohol sales, so PayPal is the only solution, unfortunately. I wonder if you can just use PayPal as a guest and CC portal? I honestly don't know as I've only used it as a member.

Let me know if there's anyway I can make this work for you. You want to send a check?

Thanks again. [cheers.gif]
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Robert B.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by Robert B. » January 27th, 2020, 4:33 pm

Please respond to my email and we will work it out.
B. = Bedwell

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#31 Post by Adam Frisch » January 27th, 2020, 4:49 pm

Robert B. wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 4:33 pm
Please respond to my email and we will work it out.
Will do as soon as it arrives! [cheers.gif]
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Robert B.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by Robert B. » January 27th, 2020, 5:33 pm

2 cases for sure
B. = Bedwell

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#33 Post by Adam Frisch » January 27th, 2020, 5:44 pm

Thank you Robert! [thankyou.gif]

It's getting late here in Madrid and I have a full day tomorrow, so might have to check out pretty soon. But I cannot thank the members here enough for being such wonderful buyers - I'm overwhelmed and in shock that so much support was thrown this way! flirtysmile

Orders beyond any expectations I had. So, I'll be extending the offers until tomorrow the 28th for those who couldn't get to it today. I'll check in tomorrow morning again! Peace out! [thumbs-up.gif]
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#34 Post by Siun o'Connell » January 27th, 2020, 5:56 pm

Just ordered an Offer#1 ... intrigued by new to me grapes and that pretty rose!

Have a great night in Madrid!

Mary Eberle

#35 Post by Mary Eberle » January 27th, 2020, 6:45 pm

Hi, I tried to order Sampler Pack 1, but my PayPal account was hacked a few weeks ago. Is there any other way to pay? Venmo? Credit card?

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#36 Post by Jorge Henriquez » January 27th, 2020, 7:57 pm

Guys, you can link any credit card to your PayPal and choose it as form of payment.
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#37 Post by Adam Frisch » January 28th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Mary Eberle wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 6:45 pm
Hi, I tried to order Sampler Pack 1, but my PayPal account was hacked a few weeks ago. Is there any other way to pay? Venmo? Credit card?
Hi Mary!

I don't have any of those, but if you want you can send a check (DM me if that sounds like a good option). Or we can wait until you're up and running again - I'll keep offer for you!
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

drew b

Re: EXTENDED! Sabelli-Frisch Wines BD11 offer EXTENDED TO 31st!

#38 Post by drew b » January 28th, 2020, 2:58 pm

Looks interesting, I'll give it a go. In for a 5 pack!
D. B!renbaum

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#39 Post by Adam Frisch » January 28th, 2020, 5:21 pm

Thanks Drew! [worship.gif]
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#40 Post by Sean_S » January 28th, 2020, 6:03 pm

Hey adam,

thanks to someone for getting these into Cellar tracker. I added a producer article to try and link to your website but its not working.... Anyone out there know how to fix that with cellar tracker?

https://www.cellartracker.com/producer. ... ffe3da4d68

I sent a note to support. lets see what they say
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#41 Post by Adam Frisch » January 30th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Thanks for doing that, Sean. Have no idea how to do that. I'm registered at CT, but have not used it much. In fact, I get really impressed when people here manage to connect a wine review to CT somehow - how they do that?

I also want to thank all people who bought on here. I'm absolutely blown away by how many people did so from a producer that is brand new, with no track record and with "challenging" grapes. I sure hope the wines don't disappoint. I had a number in mind - I thought, if more than 10 people buy something, I'd consider that a huge success. Without putting a number on it, I can tell you that number was shattered many times over, which shows the power of WB! [cheers.gif]

I did extend offer to 31st for those that might fancy it, as I have enough stock to cover that. Also a huge shoutout to Robert B who bought not only one, but two cases off me! flirtysmile
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#42 Post by Sean_S » January 30th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Adam,

I got the CT Link fixed up....

Check here:
https://www.cellartracker.com/producer. ... cer=186607

posting CT reviews in WB is easy....

1. write a note.
2. click the triangle in the corner and click publish to other site
Capture1.PNG
3. Click continue to step 3
Capture2.PNG
4. Either cut and paste into post or used the preview or submit buttons (you need to be logged into WB in another tab for this to work)
Capture3.PNG
Click on the images above to expand them and show them in a resolution you can read. Good luck submitting notes.
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by Michael Martin » January 30th, 2020, 5:51 pm

Adam Frisch wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 12:43 pm
Thanks for doing that, Sean. Have no idea how to do that. I'm registered at CT, but have not used it much. In fact, I get really impressed when people here manage to connect a wine review to CT somehow - how they do that?

I also want to thank all people who bought on here. I'm absolutely blown away by how many people did so from a producer that is brand new, with no track record and with "challenging" grapes. I sure hope the wines don't disappoint. I had a number in mind - I thought, if more than 10 people buy something, I'd consider that a huge success. Without putting a number on it, I can tell you that number was shattered many times over, which shows the power of WB! [cheers.gif]

I did extend offer to 31st for those that might fancy it, as I have enough stock to cover that. Also a huge shoutout to Robert B who bought not only one, but two cases off me! flirtysmile
You did a very good job of presenting the wines in terms of the back story, tasting notes and wine/bottle presentation. Some veterans of BD could learn from you.

Patrick T a y l o r

#44 Post by Patrick T a y l o r » January 30th, 2020, 9:50 pm

Michael Martin wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 5:51 pm
Adam Frisch wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 12:43 pm

You did a very good job of presenting the wines in terms of the back story, tasting notes and wine/bottle presentation. Some veterans of BD could learn from you.
Agree 1.5L percent.

(And btw, I used an Illinois address but I do need to change it. I'm not expecting shipping to occur until March. Will keep you poste.)
The enemy of the good is the prefect.

And I'm proud to be a Berserker but not enough to join the Crü
And I won’t forget the Chardonnay that they poured down the loo
And my bottles stand up! the night before, to keep sediment away
Cause there ain’t no doubt, I'm on this board for Wine Berserker Day

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Re: Sabelli-Frisch Wines BD11 offer *CLOSED*

#45 Post by Adam Frisch » February 21st, 2020, 6:20 pm

As I start the first deliveries tomorrow (if wife lets me have the car) for my LA customers, I thought I'd just give my personal thoughts on how they present the best:

Mission: Pop and pour - it's ready to go. Ageability: this is on the softer, velvety side, so my hunch says this should be drunk within a few years.
Alicante Bouschet: Benefits from a decant. Also benefits from being ever so slightly below room temp, in my opinion. Ageability: This wine has potential to age well. Out of all the wines now bottled, probably the one that is the most young in feel. Don't be in a hurry with it.
Marsanne: Do not chill this wine too much, it doesn't suit it. I tend to drink it just below room temp, or like a lighter red. Ageability: Should age very nicely - it has the tannins and acid for it.
Flame Tokay: Pretty much pop and pour. But a quickish-decant would probably not hurt it. Ageability: Aging rosé? Sure, why not. If there's one that could take it, it's probably this due to its prolonged skin time.

The NorCal deliveries I'm debating if I might deliver personally too, as I have some meetings set up there and might just make a trip out of it. But haven't decided quite yet. For the other states, that will most likely ship mid to end of next week with FedEx.

Thanks again for your support! [cheers.gif]
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Peter Petersen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#46 Post by Peter Petersen » February 23rd, 2020, 9:42 pm

Hoping that an influencer will open a thread in winetalk. Meanwhile, Adam knocked on my door yesterday with the case and we had a nice chat. An hour later I popped the Flame Tokay for a few other nerds (real nerds, not winos). My first thought was that this should not be served too cold and probably in a larger Burgundy glass. My second observation was that the wine got better and better and probably at peak 3 hrs after being opened. Everyone loved it, and it was competing with and winning against a St Julien and a Margaret River Cab.
Slightly dusty spicy aromas. Excellent volume but not at all heavy and a lingering finish. This is not a Rosé, probably a little more serious, but a wine I really want to drink again. Sorry not to be more specific, but all that really matters is: like or not like, and this was definitely a LIKE for all.
General observation on the labels; Adam is listing alc, brix, RS, and pH. I'm happy to report that the first three numbers are all very modest and that last not too low. Nothing stands out as being out of place. Very old school. At this point I'm really looking forward to opening the others and I feel that only one person was smart enough to order more than a case. Adam is clearly on to something and it is potentially very exciting.

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#47 Post by Adam Frisch » February 23rd, 2020, 10:25 pm

Oh my god, Peter - kindest words! Not only does Peter come up with this, the nicest review - he gave me a Carlisle Zinfandel from his great collection as well. As in Carlisle - the stuff that's amazing and impossible to get? What a gentleman. [cheers.gif] flirtysmile
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#48 Post by Adam Frisch » February 27th, 2020, 8:46 pm

To all who have waited so patiently, the distributor here ran out of wine shippers. So early next week I'll go up to Sacramento and get them myself and should be able to ship to all remaining waiting customers mid week next week (if it isn't too hot).

Those here locally who have already gotten their deliveries, I have heard only positive feedback and reviews so far. [cheers.gif] flirtysmile

Thank you for your patience.
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Steve Anderson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#49 Post by Steve Anderson » March 7th, 2020, 9:57 am

BD Sampler Pack Arrived. Looking forward to giving one a try after a suitable resting period!
Attachments
0271E179-E1DE-4ED5-B391-AA74779B4AF3.jpeg
Delectable: Steve Anderson IG: steveandmisuk

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#50 Post by Michael Martin » March 7th, 2020, 3:25 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 9:57 am
BD Sampler Pack Arrived. Looking forward to giving one a try after a suitable resting period!
Have you tried them yet?

How about now?

Return to “BerserkerDay 11 Forum - (Jan 27, 2020) 'The Black Friday of Wine Commerce' - Forbes”