TN: 2014 Turnbull Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Reserve Oakville

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
F.Daner

TN: 2014 Turnbull Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Reserve Oakville

#1 Post by F.Daner » September 29th, 2019, 4:19 pm

I'm not drinking nearly as much Napa Cabernet lately. I believe the 16 is getting released so wanted to revisit. Turnbull has some unbelievable vineyards in Oakville. Worth seeking out.
  • 2014 Turnbull Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Reserve Oakville - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (9/29/2019)
    Deep and dark in the glass. The nose has black fruit with a little smokiness on the end. It has ripe blackberry and current with silky tannin and nice length on the finish. It needs some time in the decanter for a bit of the alcohol to blow off but slightly drying tannin shows up with air. The additional time adds to a long finish w some grip. This is still 2-3 years from peaking but worth trying if you have a few. A modern Napa Cab but in no way overdone or too ripe. Very good to excellent. (93 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
Fred

jeffruggels
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2014 Turnbull Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Reserve Oakville

#2 Post by jeffruggels » September 29th, 2019, 7:23 pm

sounds like right up my alley

Jim F
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Jim F » September 29th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Yes, good wines, and the pticing is pretty sane by napa standards. I have not had the 14 Reserve recently, but have been giving them some time. Maybe time to crack one. Drank a ‘13 Fortuna about a month ago which was fantastic.
Jim Freeman

F.Daner

#4 Post by F.Daner » October 2nd, 2019, 3:59 am

Definitely worth a visit Jeff and their wine club pricing is pretty attractive for their top end bottles in comparison to others. I have yet to open one of those but they really impressed when I tasted with them 3 years ago.
jeffruggels wrote:
September 29th, 2019, 7:23 pm
sounds like right up my alley
Fred

Return to “Wine Talk”