Westchester Co NY

Announcements and planning of Offline events
Message
Author
User avatar
Mike Reff
Posts: 1062
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 2:51 am
Location: Westchester, NY

Westchester Co NY

#1 Post by Mike Reff » March 19th, 2019, 5:30 am

It has been way too long since I have organized an event. How about New York's backyard. After tax season though.. perhaps end of April, any interest?

newhere

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Westchester Co NY

#2 Post by Dan Hammer » March 19th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Sure. Count me in.
This space for rent.

Jonathan Sirot
Posts: 750
Joined: April 15th, 2011, 8:37 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#3 Post by Jonathan Sirot » March 20th, 2019, 3:09 am

I am very interested and would make the trek as I know many of the New York gang and always enjoy their wines and company. Do you have any theme in mind ? I would prefer a dual theme of Champagne/ and Old World wines. Since Ridge MB, Corison, Dunn, Mayacamus, and Montelena are pretty classic, I think they would fit too. Just a suggestion, am flexible. I have been drinking Cali Cabs for 25 years and have tried most including most of the cults, including Screagle. I still enjoy them Now my palate is veering fast towards old world burgs, Bordeaux, Riesling and esp Champagne. Anyone like the idea ?

User avatar
Mike Reff
Posts: 1062
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 2:51 am
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#4 Post by Mike Reff » March 20th, 2019, 5:43 am

I like the idea.. you and Hammer are on the same page with respect to Cali Cabs... although it has been a while since I have tasted with him and his palate might have changed.

I am also going to suggest tasting blind... so we can some fun..

Hugh S
Posts: 3
Joined: February 27th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Re: Westchester Co NY

#5 Post by Hugh S » March 20th, 2019, 9:56 am

INTERESTED!! [cheers.gif]
S a u e r

Hugh S
Posts: 3
Joined: February 27th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Re: Westchester Co NY

#6 Post by Hugh S » March 20th, 2019, 9:57 am

Jonathan Sirot wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:09 am
I am very interested and would make the trek as I know many of the New York gang and always enjoy their wines and company. Do you have any theme in mind ? I would prefer a dual theme of Champagne/ and Old World wines. Since Ridge MB, Corison, Dunn, Mayacamus, and Montelena are pretty classic, I think they would fit too. Just a suggestion, am flexible. I have been drinking Cali Cabs for 25 years and have tried most including most of the cults, including Screagle. I still enjoy them Now my palate is veering fast towards old world burgs, Bordeaux, Riesling and esp Champagne. Anyone like the idea ?
Never heard "Screagle" before LOL
S a u e r

User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12366
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#7 Post by J a y H a c k » March 20th, 2019, 10:26 am

My wife and I would probably both be interested, depending on date and location and all that stuff. We have a few older Cali cabs, like a 1982 Laurel Glenn that was supposedly ex chateau about 5 years ago from Posner and a 1999 Pahlmeyer Proprietary red. I also bought a bunch of inexpensive ones about 18 years ago to see how they would age that might be fun to open, like Kunde and Gallo Barrelli Creek and Montelena Calistoga Cuvee, just to see what happened to them. Post-2000 vintage, I have lots including a bunch of cults.

Older Bordeaux, I have 1989 Meyney, 1982 Pape Clement, 1999 Certain de May and a few others.

I could also bring a Saxum to make Hammer happy.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12366
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#8 Post by J a y H a c k » March 20th, 2019, 10:27 am

Hugh S wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 9:57 am
. . .
Never heard "Screagle" before LOL
Civilian. You land a helicopter on their front lawn.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Westchester Co NY

#9 Post by Dan Hammer » March 20th, 2019, 11:09 am

Mike Reff wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 5:43 am
I like the idea.. you and Hammer are on the same page with respect to Cali Cabs... although it has been a while since I have tasted with him and his palate might have changed.

I am also going to suggest tasting blind... so we can some fun..
Ah NO. Hammer doesn't do change well. Most of my cellar is California Cabernet 2007 - present. I own some board darlings under and over $100, many of which will make Jay happy, and Mark Golodetz unhappy. neener

I do have a few Champers just in case.
This space for rent.

Jonathan Sirot
Posts: 750
Joined: April 15th, 2011, 8:37 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#10 Post by Jonathan Sirot » March 20th, 2019, 11:50 am

Dan Hammer wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 11:09 am
Mike Reff wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 5:43 am
I like the idea.. you and Hammer are on the same page with respect to Cali Cabs... although it has been a while since I have tasted with him and his palate might have changed.

I am also going to suggest tasting blind... so we can some fun..
Ah NO. Hammer doesn't do change well. Most of my cellar is California Cabernet 2007 - present. I own some board darlings under and over $100, many of which will make Jay happy, and Mark Golodetz unhappy. neener

I do have a few Champers just in case.
Yup Dan I kinda suspected you were new world buy but I am totally all over the map. Of course I love Becklyn like you do but I adore 89 Pichon Baron more. Do yourself a favor dont ever try a totally mature Bordeaux from a great vintage, it might lead to your financial demise like it did to me ! [wow.gif]

Bring a new world if you wish, or better yet bring a Champagne champagne.gif

Jonathan Sirot
Posts: 750
Joined: April 15th, 2011, 8:37 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#11 Post by Jonathan Sirot » March 20th, 2019, 12:00 pm

J a y H a c k wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 10:27 am
Hugh S wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 9:57 am
. . .
Never heard "Screagle" before LOL
Civilian. You land a helicopter on their front lawn.
Would be awesome if they let you, but last time i asked they told my Pilot to land across the street. We were exhausted after the 200 foot walk to the gate. I think though they would make an exception for Jeff OR MacKenzie ! [snort.gif]

Thomas Rippe
Posts: 106
Joined: March 21st, 2010, 10:27 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#12 Post by Thomas Rippe » March 25th, 2019, 6:29 pm

Mr. Reff, Interested.

User avatar
Mike Reff
Posts: 1062
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 2:51 am
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#13 Post by Mike Reff » March 29th, 2019, 8:10 pm

Mr Rippe, you would haul it up north off the island of Manhattan? Now this gets very interesting...

User avatar
JC J o u a s
Posts: 150
Joined: July 29th, 2015, 11:21 am
Location: Sparkill, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#14 Post by JC J o u a s » March 30th, 2019, 3:55 am

I too would be interested and my level of interest would vary based on the wine theme which I am pretty flexible with, the venue as well as the date.
Jean-Christophe

User avatar
Ross W
Posts: 474
Joined: June 4th, 2009, 1:57 pm
Location: Westchester NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#15 Post by Ross W » March 30th, 2019, 5:31 am

Mike... good to see your name again.. hope you’re well.

Depending on time and place, I’d love to join
Ross Weissman

Bengera A
Posts: 2
Joined: February 12th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Re: Westchester Co NY

#16 Post by Bengera A » March 30th, 2019, 2:27 pm

I would be interested too.

Thomas Rippe
Posts: 106
Joined: March 21st, 2010, 10:27 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#17 Post by Thomas Rippe » April 6th, 2019, 8:03 pm

Mike Reff, at this point in my life I can't walk more than a block or two so alot depends on the details of the event. Date? (I can only do Sat, Sun, Wed) Sucks. Oh and BTW, can you pick me up at train station? [worship.gif] I have plenty of old wine and am starved for wine tastings. I haven't come across but one in the past year or so. Sorry I'm so restricted, let's see what everyone wants to do.

User avatar
Mike Reff
Posts: 1062
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 2:51 am
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#18 Post by Mike Reff » April 8th, 2019, 7:53 am

I would pick you up from the train station, no problem. Let me get though the next week or so, and then I will throw out some dates.

Thanks

User avatar
Mike Reff
Posts: 1062
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 2:51 am
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#19 Post by Mike Reff » April 10th, 2019, 6:14 am

Please PM me with some restaurant suggestions that have a non existent or very low corkage.

Thanks

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Westchester Co NY

#20 Post by Dan Hammer » April 10th, 2019, 7:33 am

This space for rent.

User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12366
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#21 Post by J a y H a c k » April 10th, 2019, 8:18 am

Dan Hammer wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 7:33 am
This may help... viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23060
This is old data on some of the restaurants. X2O is expensive but a great restaurant and only a 22 minute train ride from Grand Central. I do not know what they would do for corkage for a group, but they charged us ZERO for my son's wedding luncheon and it was the best bargain in history. Morton's has moved and I have eaten at the new location but I don't really know the people there. I don't know a lot of restaurant people in Westchester. When I'm in Westchester, I tend to eat at home. The wine cellar there is more extensive and hand picked by an expert.

champagne.gif
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

User avatar
Mike Reff
Posts: 1062
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 2:51 am
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#22 Post by Mike Reff » April 10th, 2019, 8:23 am

Yes, that list is quite outdated.. Time for Hammer to update a new one.

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Westchester Co NY

#23 Post by Dan Hammer » April 10th, 2019, 11:00 am

Mike Reff wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 8:23 am
Yes, that list is quite outdated.. Time for Hammer to update a new one.
It's not for me to update the Westchester list. I don't have access to the edit function. [wink.gif]

It's my understanding that the person that posts an offline also suggests the restaurant. [cheers.gif]
This space for rent.

User avatar
Jorge Henriquez
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 14103
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Location: Westchester County, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#24 Post by Jorge Henriquez » April 10th, 2019, 2:03 pm

Harper’s in Dobbs Ferry has zero corkage on Wednesdays and a phenomenal menu.
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

User avatar
Mike Reff
Posts: 1062
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 2:51 am
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#25 Post by Mike Reff » April 11th, 2019, 9:04 am

Jorge Henriquez wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 2:03 pm
Harper’s in Dobbs Ferry has zero corkage on Wednesdays and a phenomenal menu.
Thanks Jorge

User avatar
Mike Reff
Posts: 1062
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 2:51 am
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#26 Post by Mike Reff » April 11th, 2019, 9:04 am

Dan Hammer wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 11:00 am
Mike Reff wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 8:23 am
Yes, that list is quite outdated.. Time for Hammer to update a new one.
It's not for me to update the Westchester list. I don't have access to the edit function. [wink.gif]

It's my understanding that the person that posts an offline also suggests the restaurant. [cheers.gif]

True, it has been a while since I arranged one, probably why I am a tad rusty champagne.gif

User avatar
Jorge Henriquez
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 14103
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Location: Westchester County, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#27 Post by Jorge Henriquez » April 11th, 2019, 10:07 am

Sure thing Mike. If it goes down at Harpers, I might attend.....seeing as I live right above. [wink.gif]
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

User avatar
Mike Reff
Posts: 1062
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 2:51 am
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#28 Post by Mike Reff » April 12th, 2019, 7:52 am

Jorge Henriquez wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 10:07 am
Sure thing Mike. If it goes down at Harpers, I might attend.....seeing as I live right above. [wink.gif]
Wednesdays do not work for me, since I have my son, any chance that you can inquire if they would do another night? Or if you know someone I can inquire.

Monday or Tuesday?

User avatar
Jorge Henriquez
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 14103
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Location: Westchester County, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#29 Post by Jorge Henriquez » April 12th, 2019, 8:15 pm

Mike, they quoted $25 on Mondays & Tuesdays. But GM, Justin Montgomery said to give him a call and tell him I sent you and he will work something out with you.
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

Ian Dorin
Posts: 4527
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:39 pm
Location: Springfield, NJ

Re: Westchester Co NY

#30 Post by Ian Dorin » April 15th, 2019, 4:57 am

Any date thrown out yet? I'd be interested since I work in the area :)
ITB

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” -WC Fields

Zachy's

User avatar
Mike Reff
Posts: 1062
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 2:51 am
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#31 Post by Mike Reff » April 15th, 2019, 8:04 am

Working on that now Ian..

User avatar
Ross W
Posts: 474
Joined: June 4th, 2009, 1:57 pm
Location: Westchester NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#32 Post by Ross W » April 25th, 2019, 1:07 pm

Mike..if you need a place for the dinner, I can get you a few ideas...shoot me an e-mail or PM if you want.
Ross Weissman

User avatar
Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5835
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Westchester Co NY

#33 Post by Mark Golodetz » April 30th, 2019, 8:42 am

Dan Hammer wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 11:09 am
Mike Reff wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 5:43 am
I like the idea.. you and Hammer are on the same page with respect to Cali Cabs... although it has been a while since I have tasted with him and his palate might have changed.

I am also going to suggest tasting blind... so we can some fun..
Ah NO. Hammer doesn't do change well. Most of my cellar is California Cabernet 2007 - present. I own some board darlings under and over $100, many of which will make Jay happy, and Mark Golodetz unhappy. neener

I do have a few Champers just in case.

Don’t worry about trying to please my fine palate, I pretty sure I cannot attend; you can bring as many bottles of your beloved stuff without worrying. flirtysmile

If you call in advance, MP Taverna in Irvington has excellent food, a whole animal option, and was really good with corkage for groups.
ITB

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Westchester Co NY

#34 Post by Dan Hammer » April 30th, 2019, 1:57 pm

Mark Golodetz wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 8:42 am
Dan Hammer wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 11:09 am
Mike Reff wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 5:43 am
I like the idea.. you and Hammer are on the same page with respect to Cali Cabs... although it has been a while since I have tasted with him and his palate might have changed.

I am also going to suggest tasting blind... so we can some fun..
Ah NO. Hammer doesn't do change well. Most of my cellar is California Cabernet 2007 - present. I own some board darlings under and over $100, many of which will make Jay happy, and Mark Golodetz unhappy. neener

I do have a few Champers just in case.

Don’t worry about trying to please my fine palate, I pretty sure I cannot attend; you can bring as many bottles of your beloved stuff without worrying. flirtysmile

If you call in advance, MP Taverna in Irvington has excellent food, a whole animal option, and was really good with corkage for groups.
Mark, my one goal these past many years is to find a wine that pleases you.

Re: MP Taverna. Good food. Good prices. The most uncomfortable chairs of any restaurant anywhere.

dh
This space for rent.

User avatar
Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5835
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Westchester Co NY

#35 Post by Mark Golodetz » April 30th, 2019, 8:12 pm

[wink.gif] Your presence, Dan, more than makes up for your wines.
ITB

User avatar
Mike Reff
Posts: 1062
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 2:51 am
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Westchester Co NY

#36 Post by Mike Reff » May 1st, 2019, 2:28 am

I have not forgot about it, I have taken on a new client and thus I am working in the city until at least 6pm or so for the next two months.

Might have to make this a weekend event perhaps on a Sunday, otherwise someone else can take the lead.

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Westchester Co NY

#37 Post by Dan Hammer » May 1st, 2019, 12:40 pm

Mike Reff wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:28 am
I have not forgot about it, I have taken on a new client and thus I am working in the city until at least 6pm or so for the next two months.

Might have to make this a weekend event perhaps on a Sunday, otherwise someone else can take the lead.
Or... we can meet in the city.
This space for rent.

User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12366
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#38 Post by J a y H a c k » May 2nd, 2019, 10:23 am

Dan Hammer wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 12:40 pm
Mike Reff wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:28 am
I have not forgot about it, I have taken on a new client and thus I am working in the city until at least 6pm or so for the next two months.

Might have to make this a weekend event perhaps on a Sunday, otherwise someone else can take the lead.
Or... we can meet in the city.
That would kind of defeat the purpose. neener
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

Thomas Rippe
Posts: 106
Joined: March 21st, 2010, 10:27 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#39 Post by Thomas Rippe » May 2nd, 2019, 3:39 pm

I'm willing to meet in the City!

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Westchester Co NY

#40 Post by Dan Hammer » May 3rd, 2019, 12:59 pm

This space for rent.

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Westchester Co NY

#41 Post by Dan Hammer » May 22nd, 2019, 11:28 am

I have a few seats available for my Flyertalk wine dinner at North Square. Location on Waverly in Greenwich Village.
Sunday June 2 at 6:30. All in cost is $90. Theme is red or riesling. Chanmpagne is always welcome.

If interested, let me know.

A few of the wines posted:

2006 Taittinger Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne
2015 Kuentz-Bas Geisberg Alsace Grand Cru
2012 Schloss Gobelsburg Tradition Riesling.
2009 Columbia Winery Peninsula Red Willow Vineyard
2011 Carlisle Syrah Sierra Mar Santa Lucia Highlands
2015 Dönnhoff Roxheimer Höllenpfad Riesling trocken
2011 Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Three Twins Vineyard
This space for rent.

Thomas Rippe
Posts: 106
Joined: March 21st, 2010, 10:27 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#42 Post by Thomas Rippe » May 23rd, 2019, 12:15 pm

I'm interested in North Square. Thanks, Tom

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Westchester Co NY

#43 Post by Dan Hammer » May 23rd, 2019, 2:46 pm

Thomas Rippe wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 12:15 pm
I'm interested in North Square. Thanks, Tom
Tom.

I e mailed you. See you soon.
This space for rent.

Dinesh Goyal
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 103
Joined: September 11th, 2018, 3:01 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#44 Post by Dinesh Goyal » May 23rd, 2019, 4:42 pm

Dan, I am keen too.

User avatar
Mike Grammer
Posts: 5941
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 7:19 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Westchester Co NY

#45 Post by Mike Grammer » May 28th, 2019, 11:10 am

I know who's bringing the Myriad [grin.gif]

Have fun guys, hope to see some of you at Jay's at end of July.

User avatar
Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5835
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Westchester Co NY

#46 Post by Mark Golodetz » May 28th, 2019, 11:32 am

Dan Hammer wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 1:57 pm
Mark Golodetz wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 8:42 am
Dan Hammer wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 11:09 am


Ah NO. Hammer doesn't do change well. Most of my cellar is California Cabernet 2007 - present. I own some board darlings under and over $100, many of which will make Jay happy, and Mark Golodetz unhappy. neener

I do have a few Champers just in case.

Don’t worry about trying to please my fine palate, I pretty sure I cannot attend; you can bring as many bottles of your beloved stuff without worrying. flirtysmile

If you call in advance, MP Taverna in Irvington has excellent food, a whole animal option, and was really good with corkage for groups.
Mark, my one goal these past many years is to find a wine that pleases you.

Re: MP Taverna. Good food. Good prices. The most uncomfortable chairs of any restaurant anywhere.

dh
Went there Saturday; new chairs, great food.
ITB

User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12366
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

Re: Westchester Co NY

#47 Post by J a y H a c k » May 28th, 2019, 2:00 pm

Forget trying to make Mark happy. He wouldn't be happy unless he was unhappy. I would be perfectly happy with a BIG RED WINE AND RED MEAT event. I could then also being a 1966 Clos Fourtet to keep Markie happy.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

User avatar
Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5835
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Westchester Co NY

#48 Post by Mark Golodetz » May 28th, 2019, 2:04 pm

I am the reincarnation of the cheerful chappie. And it doesn't take much to make me happy, all I need is a large glass and plenty of Latour 1961
ITB

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Westchester Co NY

#49 Post by Dan Hammer » May 28th, 2019, 2:35 pm

Mark Golodetz wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 11:32 am
Dan Hammer wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 1:57 pm
Mark Golodetz wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 8:42 am



Don’t worry about trying to please my fine palate, I pretty sure I cannot attend; you can bring as many bottles of your beloved stuff without worrying. flirtysmile

If you call in advance, MP Taverna in Irvington has excellent food, a whole animal option, and was really good with corkage for groups.
Mark, my one goal these past many years is to find a wine that pleases you.

Re: MP Taverna. Good food. Good prices. The most uncomfortable chairs of any restaurant anywhere.

dh
Went there Saturday; new chairs, great food.
Now that's news I can use. Cheers mate. [cheers.gif]
This space for rent.

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Westchester Co NY

#50 Post by Dan Hammer » May 28th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Mike Grammer wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 11:10 am
I know who's bringing the Myriad [grin.gif]

Have fun guys, hope to see some of you at Jay's at end of July.
Truth be told, I'm bringing the Champagne. A friend sourced the Myriad from my cellar. See you in July.
This space for rent.

Post Reply

Return to “Offline Planner”