Las Vegas

Detailed information, by region, of restaurants and their wine/corkage policies
robkim

Las Vegas

#1 Post by robkim » June 3rd, 2010, 1:58 pm

Recent experiences:

Delmonico's (Venetian) - $35, no limit
Julian Serrano (Aria) - $35, limit of two bottles (fee waived)

Joe Hauck

Re: Las Vegas

#2 Post by Joe Hauck » June 3rd, 2010, 5:18 pm

Funny thing about Vegas is the tourist restaurants allow corkage, but the locals restaurants always claim it's against the law.
One of the few good things about modern times " if you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us." Kurt Vonnegut

James Cross

#3 Post by James Cross » June 4th, 2010, 9:16 am

I think some of the confusion comes about because the laws differ in the various geographic venues. Not an expert on the details, but it seems that places in the city of L Vegas differ from Henderson, North Las Vegas, etc. Trader Joe's, etc. also have different tasting routines depending on the store location. FYI...the Strip is not technically in Las Vegas.

That said, some of the locals places allow corkage in a variety of ways. Todd's in Henderson (wins Best Locals Restaurant in the newspaper poll most every year) has free corkage on Wed; 2 bottle limit. Marche Bacchus in Summerlin has free corkage on Monday if you buy the bottle from their shop, which tends to be on the high side for many wines.

Pinot Brasserie (part of the Patina/Pinot Blanc restaurant group) has generally allowed free corkage on several bottles if they don't have the wine on their list. Table 34 (near the airport) has an every day $10 corkage fee; they have sometimes waived it in the past.

These are just examples and I could toss out others. Best bet is to call ahead and get the explicit policy.

Alan Zee
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Alan Zee » November 27th, 2010, 1:33 am

Hi Guys

I am planning to be back in Vegas Dec 8-12 (again for business) but I am staying over the weekend and some wine buddies from CT are coming in as well.

Other than LOS (been there, done that, will do it again) what restaurants of quality can you recommend that doesn't have a two bottle limit? We are going to have at least 3-5 bottles of wine depending on # of people showing up (between 3 and 5).

We are looking for a Steakhouse for one night , and a gourmet restaurant the second night. LOS is already on the schedule.

Any help would be appreciated. I go to Vegas quite often, but rarely have ever brought my own wine due to being out there on business and my exp. account covers the meal/wine etc. For this weekend, it is of a personal nature.

Thanks

Alan
Wine, Watches And Women......not necessarily in that order"

A. Z i e l i n s k i

Matt Latuchie
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Matt Latuchie » November 27th, 2010, 6:20 am

Alan,

Table 10 at the Palazzo might be a good option. I am not 100% sure if they have a 2 bottle max though -- worth a call.

best,
Matt
CellarTracker: tooch
Instagram: mattlatuchie
philadelphia eagles football

Alan Zee
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Alan Zee » November 27th, 2010, 7:46 am

Matt Latuchie wrote:Alan,

Table 10 at the Palazzo might be a good option. I am not 100% sure if they have a 2 bottle max though -- worth a call.

best,
Matt
Matt,

I appreciate the help, but I have been to Table 10 and was not very impressed. In all honesty, I was mostly disappointed in all the restaurants I tried at Palazzo. Especially Restaurant Charlie....which was the biggest disappointment in all of Las Vegas for me personally. I got Vegas quite often on business, but rarely for personal pleasure, which is what this weekend gig is going to be with some fellow wino's.

From the note above, Delmonico's might forgo the 2 bottle limit. I wasn't impressed with that restaurant either, but the food was good, not great, but for a wine dinner, beggars can't be too choosy when looking for a restaurant that allows more than 2 bottles......

Now if they would just charge reasonable sums for their wines, I would buy off the list. But with all the comped players eating there and using their comp dollars, the wines tend to be very high in price. Something I just can't allow myself to participate in.

A. Z i e l i n s k i

David Walker

#7 Post by David Walker » November 29th, 2010, 6:55 am

I thought the food at Sage (Aria) was quite good and I don't think they have a bottle limit. For steak, Prime (Bellagio) was pretty good and I don't recall a bottle limit there, either.

Alan Zee
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by Alan Zee » December 4th, 2010, 12:47 pm

David Walker wrote:I thought the food at Sage (Aria) was quite good and I don't think they have a bottle limit. For steak, Prime (Bellagio) was pretty good and I don't recall a bottle limit there, either.
David
Thanks for the advice, but any MGM owned property has a two bottle limit regardless of the hotel. It is their policy , not necessarily the restaurants :(

A. Z i e l i n s k i

David Walker

#9 Post by David Walker » December 4th, 2010, 1:48 pm

I wonder if this is a new policy. We definitely brought 3 bottles to Aria last March with no issue whatsoever...

Barry L i p t o n

#10 Post by Barry L i p t o n » January 28th, 2011, 10:42 pm

We've been to Spago with multiple bottles, there $95 (or so) tasting menu is the bomb!

Tom Gutting

#11 Post by Tom Gutting » January 29th, 2011, 10:02 am

Anybody have experience with BYOB at Joe's Stone Crabs at Caesar's?
"If you have extraordinary bread and extraordinary butter, it's hard to beat bread and butter." -- Jacques Pepin

Ty Webb

#12 Post by Ty Webb » March 22nd, 2011, 3:53 pm

How about unlimited wine included with dinner at Charlie Palmer Steak?

http://www.charliepalmer.com/Properties ... MenuId=289

Joe Dulworth
GCC Member
GCC Member

#13 Post by Joe Dulworth » March 23rd, 2011, 6:55 am

Julian Serrano at Aria - $35.00 per bottle, limited to two bottles per table. Sometimes waived with a purchase from their list.
wineismylife

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ wineismylife net

John Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by John Davis » March 25th, 2011, 10:32 am

Alan Zee wrote:
David Walker wrote:I thought the food at Sage (Aria) was quite good and I don't think they have a bottle limit. For steak, Prime (Bellagio) was pretty good and I don't recall a bottle limit there, either.
David
Thanks for the advice, but any MGM owned property has a two bottle limit regardless of the hotel. It is their policy , not necessarily the restaurants :(
I was told the same thing last month....So we went to Delmonico's
ITB

Matt Latuchie
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by Matt Latuchie » July 6th, 2011, 12:02 pm

Pinot Brasserie in the Venetian is $0 corkage. No limit on the bottles either.

http://www.venetian.com/Las-Vegas-Resta ... Brasserie/
CellarTracker: tooch
Instagram: mattlatuchie
philadelphia eagles football

R. del Rosario
GCC Member
GCC Member

Las Vegas

#16 Post by R. del Rosario » March 31st, 2012, 4:58 pm

I made the mistake of not calling ahead.... Il Mulino at Ceasars doesn't allow you to bring bottles but we had a wonderful meal. Is that the policy of the Ceasars group? MGM, as was noted here, has a 2 bottle limit.

Conserve water, drink more wine.
Cheers, Ramon

Conserve water, drink more wine

Joe Dulworth
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17 Post by Joe Dulworth » April 2nd, 2012, 6:02 am

I think any restaurant where Caesar's runs the wine program has now gone this way. When we were at Guy Savoy last October they told us that they had just sold the wine cellar to Caesar's to manage and when they did Caesar's disallowed all corkage at that time.
wineismylife

Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Paul Jaouen » April 2nd, 2012, 8:31 am

Any experience dining at Firefly on Paradise? Someone (non-wine geek) recommended the food there. Tapas place.
Best,
Paul Jaouen

James Cross

#19 Post by James Cross » April 2nd, 2012, 9:16 am

Firefly gets high marks from the locals and it is a tapas place. They have a second location on West Sahara and are opening in Henderson soon. One of the ladies I work with eats there on a regular basis and loves it.

Joe Dulworth
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by Joe Dulworth » April 2nd, 2012, 10:04 am

I've eaten at Firefly. I thought it was really good.
wineismylife

Veronica Castro
GCC Member
GCC Member

#21 Post by Veronica Castro » April 24th, 2012, 10:19 pm

I would call to verify first, but thought this might be helpful.

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/ctable.cfm?id=13

Cheers,
itb
hi-time wine cellars

Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#22 Post by Paul Jaouen » April 25th, 2012, 6:05 am

Good list but needs to be updated for places like the Cosmopolitan. Also missing restaurants like L'Atelier de JR that I know allows corkage.
Best,
Paul Jaouen

Alan Gottlieb

#23 Post by Alan Gottlieb » May 5th, 2012, 10:45 pm

Spago at Cesars 20 bottle no limits

BTW Elton John concert was great a must see

Paul L i n

#24 Post by Paul L i n » May 11th, 2012, 9:50 pm

The Barrymore is $30 but will waive corkage for every bottle purchased off the list. Fortunately they have a "50 under $50" list. Food is quite good too. Not nearly as refined as our meal at L'Atelier de JR the night before but in many ways more enjoyable.

C G Nieto
GCC Member
GCC Member

#25 Post by C G Nieto » September 1st, 2012, 2:49 pm

Jazmine at Bellagio charges $50 corkage fee with 2 max. Gordom Ramsey Steak at Paris charges $35.
C l 3 m

Shannon Perdue
GCC Member
GCC Member

Las Vegas

#26 Post by Shannon Perdue » May 28th, 2013, 7:59 am

Craftsteak in the MGM - better steaks/food than Pinot Brasserie and Delmonico's but a $45 corkage. We opened 2 bottles last weekend - I don't know if there is a limit on bottles but I think they would work with you on that.

Also Robuchon and L'Atelier de JR allow corkage but it can't be on their extensive lists. I will say they waived corkage for us at L'Atelier de JR.

Of course any bottle you buy off a list in the high-end restaurants is going to be much more than that $$$ easy.

Stan Harris

Las Vegas

#27 Post by Stan Harris » September 4th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Hey all, FYI, just ate at Gordon Ramsay Steak in the Paris. They have $35 corkage, max two bottles and those bottles cannot be something they offer. Fwiw, we brought in a Frank Family cab Reserve and an Au Sommet. They had FF, but not the Reserve so they allowed ours. Great meat and potatoes meal...

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

Las Vegas

#28 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y » March 8th, 2014, 12:54 pm

List of corkage policies for some Vegas restaurants:

http://palazzo.doublehelixwine.com/Rest ... _Fees.html
Cheers,
/<evin

"Ah! Dull-witted mortal, if Fortune stands still, she is no longer Fortune."
~ Boëthius, in Consolation of Philosophy

Paul L i n

Las Vegas

#29 Post by Paul L i n » January 15th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Raku does not allow BYO. Bazaar Meat is $35.

Andre M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by Andre M » January 31st, 2015, 10:00 am

Alan Gottlieb wrote:Spago at Cesars 20 bottle no limits

BTW Elton John concert was great a must see
Spago is now $50.
A M u l y o n o

DAVIDKIM

Las Vegas

#31 Post by DAVIDKIM » March 11th, 2015, 7:24 pm

StripSteak $35 corkage 2 bottles limit

RandyH

Las Vegas

#32 Post by RandyH » March 28th, 2015, 5:28 am

Anyone know about Nobu or Tao?
Randy Hart
Cleveland, OH

Chris Sihler

Las Vegas

#33 Post by Chris Sihler » July 30th, 2015, 11:46 am

Parma at Buffalo and Washington allows BYOB, can't remember the cost but I think it was reasonable, $10-$15. Really good local Italian spot.

ERPark

Las Vegas

#34 Post by ERPark » December 5th, 2015, 9:52 am

Was in Vegas this week with clients. They chose Lawry's one night for dinner, as they were hungry for prime rib. Corkage was $25/bottle, and I highly recommend it. Unless there's a reserve wine list that wasn't made available to me (I brought 2 bottles), their normal wine list is filled with the usual "steakhouse suspects" of very recent vintage.
GEN3

fred o.
GCC Member
GCC Member

Las Vegas

#35 Post by fred o. » July 30th, 2016, 8:36 am

Went to Craftsteak at the MGM (apparently rebranded as Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak, lol) last night, I was quoted corkage of $50 on the phone (and $100 for a magnum) but when I got there I was told $40, limit of 2 bottles, apparently ok even if your bottle is also on list; I only brought one bottle but corkage was waived with a purchase from the list. The list itself didn't seem too bad, most bottles I recognized were 2-3x retail. They had some SQN bottles for what actually seemed like reasonable prices, but I decided to be economical and stick with a more affordable Syrah.

Food was great, btw, perfectly cooked steak. Great service

LouisaM

Las Vegas

#36 Post by LouisaM » August 16th, 2016, 3:52 pm

The new Las Vegas steakhouse Echo & Rig has free corkage with no limit. We go there all the time because of it. It's located in the Summerlin suburb at Tivoli Village.
www.thegrapegeeks.com

fred o.
GCC Member
GCC Member

Las Vegas

#37 Post by fred o. » March 29th, 2017, 9:18 am

some updates:

-Bazaar Meats at the SLS, still $35, can't be on list. the sommelier was hard-working, I saw her working with a big group in a private room as well as multiple tables, and she was very gracious, the wine list itself seemed interesting and not exorbitantly priced. I also tried a glass of the Andrew Will cab franc that they had there from the huge bottles that Jose Andres apparently ordered special for the Vegas location (the other option was a Sandhi pinot). Food was overall good though I think it's more fun for a big group (for stuff like the suckling pig, etc.); was perhaps not as well-executed as other steakhouses like Craftsteak, Carnevino, etc.

-B&B ristorante at the Venetian, $50. seems like there are a lot of Batali-haters on this board but I did like the pasta...

-Yardbird, $35. more fun for the bourbon cocktails

-Momofuku at the Cosmo, $50, 2 bottle max. cocktails were steep but well-done. still getting its bearings, I think, but the food is very well-executed. would be fun with a big group, as well.

-Wynn buffet, $50. I asked more out of idle curiosity haha; the beer/wine selection is pretty minimal, but checking out the buffet is a nice benefit if you book a stay using a credit card program where they give you perks like free breakfast credit. I actually saw someone at another table do the bottomless mimosa thing and then ask for a to-go coffee cup and pour some of the little Champagne bottles into it to smuggle out...

bryan c
GCC Member
GCC Member

Las Vegas

#38 Post by bryan c » May 17th, 2017, 11:44 am

Had dinner last week at Costa di Mare at the Wynn. Few things:

Corkage is $50/bottle, 2 bottles max, no magnums and can't be on their list. Their list isn't easily viewable, they don't send it out and "it changes everyday". So you have to call in day of, before dinner, to confirm that what you're bringing is fine. Their stuff is mostly recent release vintages, even for higher end stuff like Gaja. I brought in an '03 Gaja Barbaresco and was fine, the oldest one they had on their list was an '11.
B. C |-| E N
(CT Handle: mrbry83)

Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member

Las Vegas

#39 Post by Paul Jaouen » May 17th, 2017, 12:43 pm

I just got back this morning. I loved Kame Omakase in Summerlin. 8 seats and 2 seatings a night. 23 plates not counting ice cream for $165. Check out the photos on various review sites and their website.

I did not ask about corkage. Since I was alone I just bought a half bottle of sake.

My wife had a business dinner last night at Marche Bacchus while I was on the redeye. She reports that everyone loved the food and the clients loved walking around and picking out the wines.
Best,
Paul Jaouen

James Cross

Las Vegas

#40 Post by James Cross » June 21st, 2017, 10:13 am

Big + 1 on Echo and Rig. Went on Monday night. We brought in a 2002 Ridge M Bello, which was drinking great; no corkage. Feeling a little guilty, we ordered a Champagne off the list, a Nicolas Feullatte Brut; very refreshing on a hot day. There is a Santa Maria flair to the menu with tri tip and "Spencer" steaks, which have a connection with Jocko's, the famous steak place just north of S Maria. Steaks were excellent. The main dining room is a bit noisy due to the open floor plan and wood floors, but acceptable.

Michael Bowden
GCC Member
GCC Member

Las Vegas

#41 Post by Michael Bowden » July 20th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Joel Robuchon is $50 per 750 ml.

Limit of 2 750 ml or 1 magnum ($100)
I'm taller than Zach Lang.

It's Michael.....not Mike, Mark, Mick, Mikey...get it? got it? good.

Good fries are better than great tater tots.

Bill Buitenhuys

Las Vegas

#42 Post by Bill Buitenhuys » September 13th, 2017, 2:59 pm

Golden Steer Steakhouse - $30/750ml, can't be on the list. One fee waived for each bottle ordered off the list. Very knowledgeable staff/somm, especially Carl Dillahay.
itb | @AZBittersLab

LouisaM

Las Vegas

#43 Post by LouisaM » February 23rd, 2018, 2:30 pm

Another update is Twin Creeks at the Silverton. They charge $20 for corkage.
www.thegrapegeeks.com

Bob Hoelting
GCC Member
GCC Member

Las Vegas

#44 Post by Bob Hoelting » March 13th, 2018, 8:53 pm

Was just at Lotus of Siam (the new one on Flamingo) and it was still free corkage. In fact, you must BYO because the alcohol license is still pending.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Las Vegas

#45 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » March 14th, 2018, 10:33 pm

Bob Hoelting wrote:Was just at Lotus of Siam (the new one on Flamingo) and it was still free corkage. In fact, you must BYO because the alcohol license is still pending.
Oh, daaamn!
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

David Kaufman

#46 Post by David Kaufman » January 11th, 2019, 6:37 am

Going to Catch at Aria this weekend. Can't find anything about their wine list or corkage policy. Anyone been?

Peter Panzica

#47 Post by Peter Panzica » February 11th, 2019, 3:29 pm

David Kaufman wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 6:37 am
Going to Catch at Aria this weekend. Can't find anything about their wine list or corkage policy. Anyone been?
I was just there and went to Sage. I believe that it, as well as all Aria restaurants, are $35 (maybe $50) up to two bottles.
Does anyone know restaurants that allow more than two bottles? I believe Delmonico's is one. Any others?

Return to “BYO Forum - Wine at Restaurants”