BerserkerDay 10 (as featured in Forbes!) Master Thread - MASSIVE RECORDS SET!!!

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD10
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

BerserkerDay 10 (as featured in Forbes!) Master Thread - MASSIVE RECORDS SET!!!

#1 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 3rd, 2019, 8:53 am

(update 1/26/19: THIS is the forum where you want to be, as THIS is the forum where all the offers will be posted! Stay tuned...as it starts at 7:30 am Pacific! More information in this post, and the rest of this thread...)

This will be the principal thread for all discussions related to BerserkerDay 10 #BD10 - a buying extravaganza unrivaled in any other wine community, anywhere. One day (two, if including the Grand Cru Crü Advance Purchase Day) where over $500,000 in wine and wine-related goods are sold to eager wine lovers throughout this community. (new record set last year!)

First of all, BerserkerDay (full history posted below) is a celebration of the founding of this amazing and vibrant community of wine lovers around the world, and it started on the first anniversary of our founding, 10 years ago. The idea is to have a day-long celebration by introducing wine and wine-related products to the community at large, at deals that you CANNOT find elsewhere, primarily because those making the offer are so small that they don't have 'sales'. It's a fantastic way to introduce yourself to some new small wineries, in particular, and I can attest - as can thousands of others who have bought on BerserkerDay - that I've found some of my favorite producers this way.

How does BerserkerDay work?

Anybody - registered member or not - can view the BerserkerDay subforum (where you are now) and the offers that wineries, retailers, and other wine-related product sellers will have posted. It starts approximately 7:30 am PST on January 27th, and each offer will have its own thread. I will be posting them in chunks of approximately 10, in intervals of approximately 20-30 minutes. Threads from prior launch groups will NOT bump to the top of the forum when replies are made, preserving the current launch group's space 'in line', pegging that launch group at the top. One exception: the Tier 3 Sponsors of BerserkerDay (those participants who have contributed to the PR campaign currently underway) will have their listings pegged at the top of the BerserkerDay forum for the entire day. There are 8 such Sponsors, so it will be a much smaller group pegged atop the forum.

Discussion - as always - is HIGHLY encouraged. That's part of the fun! Share this event with your friends, on your social media accounts! Our Twitter handle is @WineBerserkers for those that tweet, and the more you share, the more fun we ALL have here!! I want to see some tagging on Facebook and Twitter, folks!
(Offers are made by the wineries, businesses, retailers, etc, and each offer has its own specific order parameters, which will be outlined in the offer itself. Wine Berserkers does not take any orders, has no e-commerce capabilities, nor licenses to sell wine, so each offer posted will have the directions on how to order)

Categories, specific to BD10: Last year we had Newbie features, and this year we'll be doing it a little differently. We have several participating wineries/companies that have stepped up as sponsors of the PR campaign (as mentioned above, in launch times) that we've run to spread the word to a broader audience. We will have special topic icon category images to highlight the following categories: BerserkerDay Sponsors (all 3 tiers, more information below), 10-year Participants, and Newbies.

Last year, we honored those wineries/retailers who have participated in 5 or more BerserkerDays with a special thread icon, and for the first time, we'll have a small number of 10-year participants! These champions have participated in the very first BerserkerDay, and most of this small group have participated in EVERY BerserkerDay since! Here is the thread icon that we will use to highlight them: Image

Newbies have been featured the last few years, and it's important to highlight them a bit because BerserkerDay is such madness, they easily and quickly get lost in the shuffle. We've had features/bios on them in the past, and I'm hoping we can do the same this year, with a separate 'Newbie Intros' subforum, as has been done in the past, giving the buying public a few days to look in on these newcomers to BerserkerDay.

Sponsors - because of the PR campaign I elected to run (after consulting with several of our VIP participating wineries/retailers) in order to spread the word about BerserkerDay to a much larger/broader audience, all participants were invited to contribute to the campaign, as they stand to benefit most from it. Each Sponsor will have some combination of special treatment this year as a result. Each will have a feature on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/47565662777/) and this will begin soon, highlighting their winery/business both there and on a subforum within this BerserkerDay forum in the weeks before BerserkerDay. Tier 2 receives the 'premier launch time' in addition to the feature, exact time is yet to be determined. Tier 3 receives the pegged listing, keeping them atop BerserkerDay forum for the entire event. The topic icons for the Sponsors will be the following: Image

Preview Day/Early Purchase Offers

On January 26th, Saturday, Grand Cru Crü member will have access to the Pre-Launch forum to see ALL the offers, and plan their buying strategies. NO PURCHASES CAN BE MADE FROM THAT FORUM, and violators stand to lose the ability to participate in future BerserkerDays. There are, however, 'Early Purchase Offers', wherein BerserkerBusiness members, in a separate forum, can sell their offer on the same day as Preview Day, Jan 26th. Only Grand Cru Crü members will have access to Preview Day and Early Purchase Offers, everybody else (guests and registered members) will be eligible on Jan 27th. Both will be open around the same time

Auctions

Auctions will commence around noon, finishing in at 8pm Pacific. Save some money for auctions, as many of our participating wineries and businesses offer auction items to the community, as thanks for the benefits they get during BerserkerDay, since there is no cost to participate (there is no cost to participate because this maximizes the discounts offered to the community! Rather than take a percentage of sales, the auctions are the way to financially support the community, throughout the year, and are a lot more fun than taking a slice from the deals being offered!)

HISTORY OF BERSERKERDAY:

WHAT IS BERSERKERDAY??

For those who do not know, BerserkerDay was named for the day it was founded at its current location on the web - January 27 - with the URL wineberserkers.com. Each year, on the 27th, I invite wineries, retailers, and other peddlers of the wine industry to offer berserk deals on their wares. Each is posted throughout the day, in groups of about 10, in roughly 30-minute increments, spreading out the fun throughout the day, ending with an auction of even more fantastic items. This day of deals is a fantastic way for those ITB to give back to consumers, and also the reverse, as many, many new and exciting wineries/producers/wines are discovered by Berserkers on BerserkerDay, with purchases made, and discussions from those who might have experience with them. There is NO revenue sharing or cost to any participating winery or retailer, as to do that would raise the prices in the offers - this way, the maximum discount is given to all those who show up on this magical day. It's also a way for me to give back to what makes Wine Berserkers what it is - the community! All the fantastic content on WB is from you, and here's a way for me to setup a virtual party for everyone - current and future community members.

History of Wine Berserkers: It's a common question, so I like to list the history during BerserkerDay. The name 'Berserkers' actually comes from Mark Squires (the image below shows when/how the original group of 15 or so was named by him), before the word that bore our community became a banned word on that website and forum. Our growth has never stopped over the past 10 years (there was half a year on another domain name as well) and we're currently nearly 25,000 registered members strong.

berserkersorigin.jpg

This year, be sure to tell your friends, as I'm opening the BerserkerDay X forum up to anyone who wants to see it - you don't HAVE to be registered (unless you have an order that requires you to PM the winery, in that case, you better register!) to see the deals. We'll have a Twitter hashtag of #berserkerday and #BD10 and hope that you can post your favorite threads on Facebook as well on the 27th. PLEASE help point it out to me, so I can see when folks are sharing. My Twitter handle is @toddfrench, so please tag me, and on Facebook, I'm easy to find.

Our PR campaign worked, and now BerserkerDay has been featured by a number of online publications, with hopefully more to come! I'll update this list as they publish:

Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/katiebell/ ... 57b54c4f94
Orange Coast Magazine: https://www.orangecoast.com/booze-blog/ ... community/
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: BerserkerDay 10 Master Thread - FAQ/Info/Discussion

#2 Post by cjsavino » January 3rd, 2019, 9:47 am

26th is Saturday
Chris

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#3 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 3rd, 2019, 10:01 am

cjsavino wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 9:47 am
26th is Saturday
fixed.

So much info on one thread I had to copy/paste and had all the Subscriber/GCC things to switch, as well as BDIX/BD10 etc
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Re: Berserker Day X

#4 Post by larry schaffer » January 3rd, 2019, 10:14 am

Todd,

Curious if you can provide some stats for us:

1) How many new folks have joined on the site since Jan 1, 2018?
2) How many more 'active members' do we have in that time - folks who post X times per year?

Cheers!
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#5 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 3rd, 2019, 10:34 am

larry schaffer wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 10:14 am
Todd,

2) How many more 'active members' do we have in that time - folks who post X times per year?

Cheers!
I'm moving this to the BD10 Master Thread [wink.gif]

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#6 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 3rd, 2019, 10:42 am

larry schaffer wrote:
Todd,

Cheers!
The Member list in Quick links lists all of them, including inactive ones, but looks like around 2,500 registrations since last BerserkerDay - less than half have been activated. As for activity, that's tougher to determine, but you can sort by activity in that Member list, just not those who have registered in the last year. I'll point out, however, that lurkers make up a big percentage of the participation in terms of buying BerserkerDay ;)

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by brigcampbell » January 3rd, 2019, 10:47 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 10:42 am
larry schaffer wrote:
Todd,

Cheers!
The Member list in Quick links lists all of them, including inactive ones, but looks like around 2,500 registrations since last BerserkerDay - less than half have been activated. As for activity, that's tougher to determine, but you can sort by activity in that Member list, just not those who have registered in the last year. I'll point out, however, that lurkers make up a big percentage of the participation in terms of buying BerserkerDay ;)
Last year I was checking in on winery because they weren't seeing much activity in their offer thread. I called them and they answered the phone and said "can we talk later? We're slammed!"

OK then... [thumbs-up.gif]

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#8 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 3rd, 2019, 10:48 am

brigcampbell wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 10:47 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 10:42 am
larry schaffer wrote:
Todd,

Cheers!
Last year I was checking in on winery because they weren't seeing much activity in their offer thread. I called them and they answered the phone and said "can we talk later? We're slammed!"

OK then... [thumbs-up.gif]
Classic.

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Brian Tuite » January 3rd, 2019, 6:13 pm

Why BD10 rather than BDX? Don’t want to confuse the Francophiles?
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 3rd, 2019, 6:25 pm

sort of the opposite of what apple did with the iphone.

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#11 Post by Dan Hammer » January 4th, 2019, 6:24 am

Brian Tuite wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 6:13 pm
Better to use BD10, as BDX confuses the frequent flyers on this site. neener

https://airports-list.com/airport/bdx
This space for rent.

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#12 Post by Brian Tuite » January 4th, 2019, 7:44 am

Dan Hammer wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 6:24 am
Brian Tuite wrote:

People who can’t differentiate between a wine and an airport should probably stay home and not fly.

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

2019 WOTY...

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#13 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 4th, 2019, 8:08 am

Brian Tuite wrote:
Yup

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by Brian Tuite » January 4th, 2019, 8:01 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 8:08 am
Brian Tuite wrote:
Yup
Poor souls.

2019 WOTY...

AndrewH

#15 Post by AndrewH » January 6th, 2019, 1:02 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Brian Tuite wrote:
Yup
It’s still pronounced “BD ten”
Andrew H e i m e r t

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16 Post by Mike Evans » January 6th, 2019, 8:54 am

AndrewH wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 1:02 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Brian Tuite wrote:
Yup
It’s actually pronounced “throat-warbler mangrove.”

Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#17 Post by Merrill Lindquist » January 6th, 2019, 9:35 am

Brian Tuite wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 7:44 am
Dan Hammer wrote:
Brian Tuite wrote:

People who can’t differentiate between a wine and an airport should probably stay home and not fly.
That's hilarious, Brian.
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Brian Tuite » January 6th, 2019, 11:10 am

AndrewH wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Brian Tuite wrote:
Yup
How was last years pronouced?

2019 WOTY...

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by Nate Simon » January 6th, 2019, 5:49 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 11:10 am
AndrewH wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:

Yup
How was last years pronouced?
“B-Dix,” of course.

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by cjsavino » January 6th, 2019, 6:35 pm

Well I hear this year your will be able to breed your own cattle for Bryan to dry age for you to your liking, sort of a beef futures campaign
Chris

JulianD

#21 Post by JulianD » January 7th, 2019, 12:47 am

Do we have a list of participants yet?
Davies

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#22 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 7th, 2019, 9:59 am

First post updated with a few more details

CJ Beazley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#23 Post by CJ Beazley » January 7th, 2019, 11:08 am

I hoping for some .375’s this year...hint hint
It's C(raig)

vincentz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by vincentz » January 7th, 2019, 9:47 pm

cjsavino wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 6:35 pm
Well I hear this year your will be able to breed your own cattle for Bryan to dry age for you to your liking, sort of a beef futures campaign
Now that is the funniest thing I have read (and hopeful it is the truth as well)... champagne.gif
V. Z e r i n g u e

C Chen

#25 Post by C Chen » January 8th, 2019, 12:01 pm

CJ Beazley wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:08 am
I hoping for some .375’s this year...hint hint
My man. [cheers.gif]
curt1S ch3N

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#26 Post by larry schaffer » January 8th, 2019, 1:12 pm

Anyone hitting up Envoyer? I'm sure they'd be willing to take part - based on how much $$$$ those on the board give to them, no?

Cheers
larry schaffer
tercero wines

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by brigcampbell » January 8th, 2019, 4:48 pm

larry schaffer wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 1:12 pm
Anyone hitting up Envoyer? I'm sure they'd be willing to take part - based on how much $$$$ those on the board give to them, no?

Cheers
Done.

I'm looking out my office window into the Envoyer parking lot. Seriously. [cheers.gif]

I'll walk in there tomorrow and have a little talk.

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#28 Post by larry schaffer » January 8th, 2019, 4:57 pm

brigcampbell wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 4:48 pm
larry schaffer wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 1:12 pm

Cheers
Done.

I'm looking out my office window into the Envoyer parking lot. Seriously. [cheers.gif]

I'll walk in there tomorrow and have a little talk.
And while you're there, see if you can hit em up for a donation to Falltacular as well - a Mag or 2 would raise some serious $$$

Cheers!
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#29 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 10th, 2019, 9:29 am

It will be time to welcome all the newcomers, as Forbes' article just launched, with a hyperlink to this forum!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katiebell/ ... 57b54c4f94

Welcome, all!

More information to come, and bookmark this forum so that you can join the madness when it launches on BerserkerDay!

Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by Michael O'Brien » January 10th, 2019, 3:05 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 9:29 am
It will be time to welcome all the newcomers, as Forbes' article just launched, with a hyperlink to this forum!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katiebell/ ... 57b54c4f94

Welcome, all!

More information to come, and bookmark this forum so that you can join the madness when it launches on BerserkerDay!
Great. Just what I needed. More competition [winner.gif]
PlanoWino

AlexM

#31 Post by AlexM » January 10th, 2019, 4:03 pm

Looking forward to this years Berserker day, can’t wait!
Alex M!n|<

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by brigcampbell » January 10th, 2019, 4:24 pm

Awesome story.
Jeff Nelson, proprietor of Liquid Farm winery, is living proof of French’s assessment. According to Nelson, BerserkerDay has been critical to his winery’s growth. Nelson garnered a small following in Los Angeles for his Chardonnay and Rose but he credits WineBerserkers with launching his winery brand. “Wine Berserkers really built our business from the beginning. Customers of ours who were also Berserker members spread the word about our wines across the country and opened up new business for us beyond L.A. They recommended our wines, and people paid attention.” Beyond the word of mouth via WineBerserkers members, Liquid Farm's sales from their first BerserkerDay in 2012 accounted for 80% of their total business. The profit also allowed them to pay grape bills and avoid having to take on investors. With their legendary BerserkerDay offers, Liquid Farm has swelled their customer base and mailing list and has grown production from 100 cases to 5,000 cases.

French likes the idea of sharing amazing deals with the community but he is most proud of the fact that Berserkers members have the opportunity to form lasting permanent relationships with winemakers. After all, that’s what wine is all about --getting people together.

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#33 Post by Mark Y » January 10th, 2019, 4:30 pm

From 100 to 5000 cases?! Dayam!
Y.e.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#34 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 10th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Mark Y wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 4:30 pm
[berserker.gif]

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#35 Post by Siun o'Connell » January 10th, 2019, 5:35 pm

Bravo Todd!!!! Great article and great explanation of what makes WB amazing!

Rick Smith

#36 Post by Rick Smith » January 11th, 2019, 12:47 am

Mark Y wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 4:30 pm
We aren’t all dick and fart jokes!

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#37 Post by Mike Evans » January 11th, 2019, 3:49 pm

The upcoming BerserkerDay prompted some scary CellarTracker data crunching. I found that I purchased a total of 405 bottles from at least 35 different producers from BD V through IX. More important, though, is that after consuming 64 of those bottles I can report that I'm routinely thrilled with both the quality and value of my BD acquisitions. In some years my average price was well under $30/bottle and has never been more than $37 (and that even with some George III and Tench vineyard Cabs), so there really is something for almost any budget. Money talks, so perhaps the best proof of the quality and value is that I've purchased more than 200 bottles from BerserkerDay producers separate from their BD offerings, meaning that the wines are good enough to keep me coming back for more.

BerserkerDay is a wonderful day of discovery of new wines, regions, and people and for building new relationships and renewing old ones. I encourage everyone to try at least one producer that is new to them this year. You never know what new find will become an old standby that you will follow year after year.

As a BD veteran, I've found that the best way to manage the mayhem is to become a Grand Cru Crü member. My strategy is to use the Preview Day and Early Purchase Offers to prepare a spreadsheet outlining everything I want to buy. It is much easier to budget and plan when you can review the offers in advance instead of having to react to them as they appear (though I still haven't figured out a way to completely avoid at least one or two impulse buys in the excitement of the actual event). Remember, these are mostly small producers, so quantities are limited and I've seen in recent years that some wines offered by BerserkerBusiness members get sold out to Grand Cru Crü members as Early Purchase Offers and never make it to the actual BerserkerDay event.

If you want some insight into wines being offered, the "Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?" thread is a good resource, as are the forums from past years. Looking at the forums from the past few BDs will give you an idea of how things look once the dust has settled. While my past excessive exuberance means that I will be more of a spectator than a participant this year while I try to work through more of the great BD wines in my cellar to clear space for more, I'll still be following it all day and am as giddy as a kid on Christmas Eve in anticipation of the excitement to come.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#38 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 11th, 2019, 3:52 pm

Mike Evans wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:49 pm
The upcoming BerserkerDay prompted some scary CellarTracker data crunching. I found that I purchased a total of 405 bottles from at least 35 different producers from BD V through IX. More important, though, is that after consuming 64 of those bottles I can report that I'm routinely thrilled with both the quality and value of my BD acquisitions. In some years my average price was well under $30/bottle and has never been more than $37 (and that even with some George III and Tench vineyard Cabs), so there really is something for almost any budget. Money talks, so perhaps the best proof of the quality and value is that I've purchased more than 200 bottles from BerserkerDay producers separate from their BD offerings, meaning that the wines are good enough to keep me coming back for more.

BerserkerDay is a wonderful day of discovery of new wines, regions, and people and for building new relationships and renewing old ones. I encourage everyone to try at least one producer that is new to them this year. You never know what new find will become an old standby that you will follow year after year.

As a BD veteran, I've found that the best way to manage the mayhem is to become a Grand Cru Crü member. My strategy is to use the Preview Day and Early Purchase Offers to prepare a spreadsheet outlining everything I want to buy. It is much easier to budget and plan when you can review the offers in advance instead of having to react to them as they appear (though I still haven't figured out a way to completely avoid at least one or two impulse buys in the excitement of the actual event). Remember, these are mostly small producers, so quantities are limited and I've seen in recent years that some wines offered by BerserkerBusiness members get sold out to Grand Cru Crü members as Early Purchase Offers and never make it to the actual BerserkerDay event.

If you want some insight into wines being offered, the "Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?" thread is a good resource, as are the forums from past years. Looking at the forums from the past few BDs will give you an idea of how things look once the dust has settled. While my past excessive exuberance means that I will be more of a spectator than a participant this year while I try to work through more of the great BD wines in my cellar to clear space for more, I'll still be following it all day and am as giddy as a kid on Christmas Eve in anticipation of the excitement to come.
And here, friends, is what the BerserkerDay All Pro has to say. Heed his expert words.

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#39 Post by brigcampbell » January 11th, 2019, 3:55 pm

Quitter!!!

[berserker.gif]

Mark Neustrom
GCC Member
GCC Member

#40 Post by Mark Neustrom » January 11th, 2019, 4:54 pm

BerserkerDay virgin. Comes about a week after Aubert offering but why not? :)

J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

#41 Post by J a y H a c k » January 11th, 2019, 7:37 pm

Todd: I would really love it if you could just list the wineries - no offers required - a lot in advance so I can do some research. Every year, I pick one or two wineries that I have never tasted before and I buy a couple bottles as a gesture to the newbies for not selling out to Constellation and AXA. I'd love to be able to research the candidates well in advance. There are at least three wineries that I can think of, maybe more, that I buy from and enjoy and I started by throwing them a three pack bone on Berserkerday.

There's a reason that I wanted to post this photo this morning because of something someone said on this thread. I forget why, but I think this should win a cutest Berserker award. My cousin's granddaughter:
Berserker_00001_02.jpg
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

T Fletcher
GCC Member
GCC Member

#42 Post by T Fletcher » January 11th, 2019, 7:46 pm

Mark Neustrom wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:54 pm
BerserkerDay virgin. Comes about a week after Aubert offering but why not? :)
BD comes a week or two after ALL THE OFFERS....every year....so get used to it...and save enough for BD because there are plenty of gems to be had.
Trent Fletcher
CT: tcufletch

Rich K0rz€nk0
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by Rich K0rz€nk0 » January 12th, 2019, 7:21 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:52 pm
Mike Evans wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:49 pm

And here, friends, is what the BerserkerDay All Pro has to say. Heed his expert words.
Its spot on and great advice. I just popped a new tab in the spreadsheet for this year. The spreadsheet is also great for knowing who you paid up with and who you haven't after the damage is done. Then it all moved to CT.

Lastly who does not love a good impulse buy, or seven.
Time Person of the Year - 2006

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#44 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 12th, 2019, 7:50 am

J a y H a c k wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 7:37 pm
Todd: I would really love it if you could just list the wineries - no offers required - a lot in advance so I can do some research. Every year, I pick one or two wineries that I have never tasted before and I buy a couple bottles as a gesture to the newbies for not selling out to Constellation and AXA. I'd love to be able to research the candidates well in advance. There are at least three wineries that I can think of, maybe more, that I buy from and enjoy and I started by throwing them a three pack bone on Berserkerday.

There's a reason that I wanted to post this photo this morning because of something someone said on this thread. I forget why, but I think this should win a cutest Berserker award. My cousin's granddaughter:

Berserker_00001_02.jpg
Sorry, Jay - no list, for several reasons. The insanity is part of the fun, and with GCC members getting a FULL preview the day before, that should be plenty of time for a smart big-name attorney to score through the list and figure it out. Also, if I provide a list now, or even next week, it will change, as it's constantly moving/shifting and we're always adding at least a dozen or so last-minute entries. The list isn't final until essentially Jan 26

Yes, cutest Berserker Award without a doubt!!!

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#45 Post by larry schaffer » January 12th, 2019, 8:34 am

Really looking forward to taking part once again! Todd, how many more PR pieces do you expect to see out there? And where will the 'sponsor' pieces show up? Facebook? Here?

Cheers
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Don Maloney

#46 Post by Don Maloney » January 12th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 7:44 am
Dan Hammer wrote:
Brian Tuite wrote:

Especially if they're the pilots.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#47 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 13th, 2019, 8:50 am

larry schaffer wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 8:34 am
Really looking forward to taking part once again! Todd, how many more PR pieces do you expect to see out there? And where will the 'sponsor' pieces show up? Facebook? Here?

Cheers
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=157394

Macario Montoya

Re: BerserkerDay 10 Master Thread (as featured in Forbes!) - FAQ/Info/Discussion

#48 Post by Macario Montoya » January 14th, 2019, 11:18 am

Exciting times......
ITB

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: BerserkerDay 10 Master Thread (as featured in Forbes!) - FAQ/Info/Discussion

#49 Post by Jay Miller » January 14th, 2019, 1:27 pm

Any idea yet on what time the Early Purchase Offers will become available on the 26th?

I'm suddenly anxious for BDay to come around as I opened my last tin of Veleta sardines this past Saturday. Timed it almost perfectly...
Last edited by Jay Miller on January 15th, 2019, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#50 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 14th, 2019, 4:33 pm

Jay Miller wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 1:27 pm
Any idea yet on what time the Early Purchase Offers will become available on the 26th?

I'm suddenly anxious for BDay to come around as I opened my last tin of Veleta sardines this past Saturday. Time it almost perfectly...
Not yet - will be announced closer to the event, via PM and post

Return to “BerserkerDay 10 Forum (January 27, 2019) #BD10 "the Black Friday of wine commerce" - Forbes”