Krug Vertical Tasting: Longo Seafood, Rosemead CA 12-1-18

Announcements and planning of Offline events
Message
Author
jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Krug Vertical Tasting: Longo Seafood, Rosemead CA 12-1-18

#1 Post by jeffcagle » October 26th, 2018, 12:41 am

6:30 PM 12-1-18 at Longo Seafood in Rosemead.

Lineup:

Bob - 85
Eric - 88
Jonathan - 90
Andre - 95
Jeff - 96
Mrs. ERPark - 98
Scott - 00
Charlie - 02
ERPark - 03
Brandon - 04
Last edited by jeffcagle on November 18th, 2018, 1:13 pm, edited 13 times in total.
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

Adam G
Posts: 385
Joined: October 4th, 2013, 11:32 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#2 Post by Adam G » October 27th, 2018, 4:41 pm

Yikes, that is well above the price point of anything I've ever bought. Literally. I do quite like bubbly, of course, as does my lovely wife.
A. Gr0ssm@n

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#3 Post by jeffcagle » October 28th, 2018, 11:52 pm

Adam G wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 4:41 pm
Yikes, that is well above the price point of anything I've ever bought. Literally. I do quite like bubbly, of course, as does my lovely wife.
Well, perhaps it's time to try something new? [cheers.gif]
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

User avatar
Eric Ifune
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3540
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#4 Post by Eric Ifune » October 31st, 2018, 1:41 pm

I've 88, 90, 95, and 96.

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#5 Post by jeffcagle » October 31st, 2018, 5:03 pm

Eric Ifune wrote:
October 31st, 2018, 1:41 pm
I've 88, 90, 95, and 96.
Good picks! I'm hoping we can get some other folks to come out of the woodwork as well.

If any of you are without Krug but stocked on Salon, I would not run you off! champagne.gif
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

User avatar
Eric Ifune
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3540
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#6 Post by Eric Ifune » November 1st, 2018, 10:29 am

I've also 82, 85, 88, 90 Salon.

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30841
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#7 Post by c fu » November 1st, 2018, 4:15 pm

if this ever gets off the ground i can toss in an 02 krug
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#8 Post by jeffcagle » November 1st, 2018, 5:04 pm

c fu wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 4:15 pm
if this ever gets off the ground i can toss in an 02 krug
Hey it wouldn't be the worst night I ever had if the three of us drank three bottles of Krug!
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30841
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#9 Post by c fu » November 2nd, 2018, 10:34 am

jeffcagle wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 5:04 pm
c fu wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 4:15 pm
if this ever gets off the ground i can toss in an 02 krug
Hey it wouldn't be the worst night I ever had if the three of us drank three bottles of Krug!
more for everyone!

for me - tuesdays/thursdays are best but can also do most any saturday with some advanced notice.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

Andre M
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 408
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 10:54 pm
Location: Chino, CA

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#10 Post by Andre M » November 2nd, 2018, 6:26 pm

I have 95.
A M u l y o n o

Adam G
Posts: 385
Joined: October 4th, 2013, 11:32 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#11 Post by Adam G » November 2nd, 2018, 8:16 pm

jeffcagle wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 11:52 pm
Adam G wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 4:41 pm
Yikes, that is well above the price point of anything I've ever bought. Literally. I do quite like bubbly, of course, as does my lovely wife.
Well, perhaps it's time to try something new? [cheers.gif]
Oh, I'd love to try it! We should be able to swing buying a bottle of the NV (if that's permissible) plus bringing a second non-Krug bottle. Maybe a dessert wine. That is, of course, if the group agrees.
A. Gr0ssm@n

Brandon Econ
Posts: 23
Joined: October 24th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#12 Post by Brandon Econ » November 2nd, 2018, 8:27 pm

I could bring a bottle of the '04.

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#13 Post by jeffcagle » November 3rd, 2018, 1:43 pm

Hey we're getting something together here! So far:

Bob - 85
Eric - 88
Jonathan - 90
Andre - 95
Jeff - 96
Mrs ERPark - 98
Scott - 00
Charlie - 02
ERPark - 03
Brandon - 04
Last edited by jeffcagle on November 18th, 2018, 1:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#14 Post by jeffcagle » November 3rd, 2018, 1:47 pm

Adam G wrote:
November 2nd, 2018, 8:16 pm
jeffcagle wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 11:52 pm
Adam G wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 4:41 pm
Yikes, that is well above the price point of anything I've ever bought. Literally. I do quite like bubbly, of course, as does my lovely wife.
Well, perhaps it's time to try something new? [cheers.gif]
Oh, I'd love to try it! We should be able to swing buying a bottle of the NV (if that's permissible) plus bringing a second non-Krug bottle. Maybe a dessert wine. That is, of course, if the group agrees.
I think in the spirit of fairness and consistency I'd like to stick to a bottle of vintage per attendee. This time of year there are quite a few champagne sales. I'm sure you can find a good deal!
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#15 Post by jeffcagle » November 3rd, 2018, 1:52 pm

Since it seems we're reaching critical mass, I need to start thinking about a venue and some dates. Given that I'm not an LA local, you guys will know better than I do what places would accommodate us. I'm thinking seafood / sushi but I'm open to suggestions.
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

User avatar
ERPark
Posts: 3052
Joined: March 7th, 2015, 6:48 am

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#16 Post by ERPark » November 3rd, 2018, 2:27 pm

Heck, I might be up to flying down for this, given enough advance notice. Could contribute an '03 Krug to the party.......
GEN3

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30841
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#17 Post by c fu » November 3rd, 2018, 8:38 pm

Live king crab at Longo Seafood in Monterey park? No corkage. We can get a private room. Lots of seafood based stuff
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

Adam G
Posts: 385
Joined: October 4th, 2013, 11:32 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#18 Post by Adam G » November 4th, 2018, 4:06 pm

jeffcagle wrote:
November 3rd, 2018, 1:47 pm
Adam G wrote:
November 2nd, 2018, 8:16 pm

Oh, I'd love to try it! We should be able to swing buying a bottle of the NV (if that's permissible) plus bringing a second non-Krug bottle. Maybe a dessert wine. That is, of course, if the group agrees.
I think in the spirit of fairness and consistency I'd like to stick to a bottle of vintage per attendee. This time of year there are quite a few champagne sales. I'm sure you can find a good deal!
No problem...I certainly respect that. I'll keep an eye on things, both here and for sales and see if it comes together.
A. Gr0ssm@n

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#19 Post by jeffcagle » November 4th, 2018, 8:29 pm

c fu wrote:
November 3rd, 2018, 8:38 pm
Live king crab at Longo Seafood in Monterey park? No corkage. We can get a private room. Lots of seafood based stuff
Hey I like crab, and I like no corkage! I have never really stayed out east of LA before so I guess that could be a sort of adventure.
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

User avatar
Eric Ifune
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3540
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#20 Post by Eric Ifune » November 5th, 2018, 11:45 am

What dates are we thinking?

User avatar
Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1829
Joined: June 20th, 2011, 7:49 am
Location: Sherman Oaks

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#21 Post by Scott Watkins » November 5th, 2018, 3:24 pm

Krug in Los Angeles [wow.gif] I could bring a 2000 or 2004. A Friday or Saturday would work best for me.
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#22 Post by jeffcagle » November 5th, 2018, 5:08 pm

Eric Ifune wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 11:45 am
What dates are we thinking?
My schedule is totally flexible, so I'll yield to whatever works for others. What works for you?
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#23 Post by jeffcagle » November 5th, 2018, 5:10 pm

Scott Watkins wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 3:24 pm
Krug in Los Angeles [wow.gif] I could bring a 2000 or 2004. A Friday or Saturday would work best for me.
Hey Scott! I'll put you down for the 2000, as someone else has volunteered the 2004.

All this is a little bit tentative as we may have people unable to make the chosen date or others who want to join, but for now I'm penciling you in with the 2000.

Charlie, what is the glassware situation at Longo? Are they stocked for something like this?
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 38851
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#24 Post by Todd F r e n c h » November 5th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Jeff Cagle complains there are not enough LA area offlines then sets up the king of all offlines.

Lit.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#25 Post by jeffcagle » November 5th, 2018, 6:27 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 5:20 pm
Jeff Cagle complains there are not enough LA area offlines then sets up the king of all offlines.

Lit.
Why don't you come join us?!
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30841
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#26 Post by c fu » November 5th, 2018, 6:40 pm

jeffcagle wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 5:10 pm
Scott Watkins wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 3:24 pm
Krug in Los Angeles [wow.gif] I could bring a 2000 or 2004. A Friday or Saturday would work best for me.
Hey Scott! I'll put you down for the 2000, as someone else has volunteered the 2004.

All this is a little bit tentative as we may have people unable to make the chosen date or others who want to join, but for now I'm penciling you in with the 2000.

Charlie, what is the glassware situation at Longo? Are they stocked for something like this?
They'll give you a few if you want, but best to bring your own stemware if you want more than 1-2. It is no corkage after all
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30841
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#27 Post by c fu » November 5th, 2018, 6:42 pm

12/29 or 1/5 or 1/19? All saturday
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

User avatar
Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1829
Joined: June 20th, 2011, 7:49 am
Location: Sherman Oaks

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#28 Post by Scott Watkins » November 5th, 2018, 8:14 pm

c fu wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 6:42 pm
12/29 or 1/5 or 1/19? All saturday
01/05 and 19 work for me, and Charlie don't forget my beer you can keep the glasses [highfive.gif]
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#29 Post by jeffcagle » November 5th, 2018, 8:35 pm

c fu wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 6:42 pm
12/29 or 1/5 or 1/19? All saturday
I could most likely work with this.. but I would prefer a date closer in if possible. If we start talking months down the road it's hard for me to foresee what I might have going on at that point. That's a lot of time for life to happen between now and then. By late December and into January there's also always a small chance of the grapevine being closed due to snow/ice preventing me from being able to get from Bakersfield to LA.
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30841
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#30 Post by c fu » November 5th, 2018, 9:07 pm

jeffcagle wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 8:35 pm
c fu wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 6:42 pm
12/29 or 1/5 or 1/19? All saturday
I could most likely work with this.. but I would prefer a date closer in if possible. If we start talking months down the road it's hard for me to foresee what I might have going on at that point. That's a lot of time for life to happen between now and then. By late December and into January there's also always a small chance of the grapevine being closed due to snow/ice preventing me from being able to get from Bakersfield to LA.
maybe you should propose some dates then. We're coming into the holiday season, people have very few saturdays to spare.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#31 Post by jeffcagle » November 5th, 2018, 9:41 pm

c fu wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 9:07 pm
jeffcagle wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 8:35 pm
c fu wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 6:42 pm
12/29 or 1/5 or 1/19? All saturday
I could most likely work with this.. but I would prefer a date closer in if possible. If we start talking months down the road it's hard for me to foresee what I might have going on at that point. That's a lot of time for life to happen between now and then. By late December and into January there's also always a small chance of the grapevine being closed due to snow/ice preventing me from being able to get from Bakersfield to LA.
maybe you should propose some dates then. We're coming into the holiday season, people have very few saturdays to spare.
If we're sticking to Saturdays, Nov 10 (not sure if this is enough notice for some), 17, 24, Dec 1?
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

User avatar
ERPark
Posts: 3052
Joined: March 7th, 2015, 6:48 am

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#32 Post by ERPark » November 5th, 2018, 10:31 pm

We can only consider Saturdays (or Fridays)?
GEN3

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#33 Post by jeffcagle » November 5th, 2018, 10:40 pm

ERPark wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 10:31 pm
We can only consider Saturdays (or Fridays)?
For me virtually any day of the week can work, but Scott mentioned Fridays and Saturdays being best for him so I was rolling with that. Whatever allows the highest level of attendance I'm good with.
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

Jonathan Sirot
Posts: 847
Joined: April 15th, 2011, 8:37 am

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#34 Post by Jonathan Sirot » November 6th, 2018, 3:15 am

I am very interested as I am a big time Champagne Geek and of course love Krug. I am not positive yet, as I would be flying in from Ct. I do all the time travel for serious events and just returned from Tampa yesterday from a pretty epic Cabernet event. Especially if a few of you folks or anyone else in the LA are would be willing to do another dinner the next night of any theme my arm could easily be twisted. As the vintages I do have, are mostly replicated, I would offer up the 1990 as long as Eric is ok with bringing the 1988.

Andre M
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 408
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 10:54 pm
Location: Chino, CA

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#35 Post by Andre M » November 6th, 2018, 8:14 am

If there are people that will flyout for this event, then maybe early December (1 or 8) is the best bet so they have ample time to make the arrangements.
A M u l y o n o

Brandon Econ
Posts: 23
Joined: October 24th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#36 Post by Brandon Econ » November 6th, 2018, 4:27 pm

I could do Dec 1st or 8th if we're sticking to Saturdays. Nov is pretty booked for weekends.

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#37 Post by jeffcagle » November 6th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Of Dec 1st and 8th I am only available the 1st.

Is there anyone for whom December 1 does not work?
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

Jonathan Sirot
Posts: 847
Joined: April 15th, 2011, 8:37 am

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#38 Post by Jonathan Sirot » November 6th, 2018, 5:15 pm

I was about to say that Dec 1st or 8th could likely work, but the 1st is better as I try not to miss a single Hannukah night and it starts on the 10th..Probably would stay 3 nights. Right now can get round trip non stop which is rare from Htfd for smidgen above $500. Not bad. Have to get ok from gf but she can probably be bribed w a weekend in Newport RI Then I use 105000 total Hilton Honors points for 3 nights at Airport Hilton

User avatar
Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1829
Joined: June 20th, 2011, 7:49 am
Location: Sherman Oaks

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#39 Post by Scott Watkins » November 6th, 2018, 5:22 pm

I am pretty sure I can do Dec 1 the 8th is possible.
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30841
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#40 Post by c fu » November 6th, 2018, 5:57 pm

1st works for me.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

Andre M
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 408
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 10:54 pm
Location: Chino, CA

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area

#41 Post by Andre M » November 6th, 2018, 7:05 pm

Dec 1st works for me as well.
A M u l y o n o

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area 12-1-18

#42 Post by jeffcagle » November 6th, 2018, 7:44 pm

Ok we have a consensus forming on Dec 1, so let's go with that. We really have a strong lineup coming together!
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

User avatar
ERPark
Posts: 3052
Joined: March 7th, 2015, 6:48 am

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area 12-1-18

#43 Post by ERPark » November 6th, 2018, 7:54 pm

What time would festivities begin on Dec 1st?
GEN3

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30841
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area 12-1-18

#44 Post by c fu » November 6th, 2018, 10:22 pm

ERPark wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 7:54 pm
What time would festivities begin on Dec 1st?
6:30?

If we are a go I’ll book a private room at Longo for us and pre order a king crab?

I will give it another day in case anyone objects
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area 12-1-18

#45 Post by jeffcagle » November 6th, 2018, 10:31 pm

c fu wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 10:22 pm
ERPark wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 7:54 pm
What time would festivities begin on Dec 1st?
6:30?

If we are a go I’ll book a private room at Longo for us and pre order a king crab?

I will give it another day in case anyone objects
Sounds good to me. I don't know much about the restaurant. Should we pre order a whole lineup of dishes or is the crab the only thing that we should order ahead?
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30841
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area 12-1-18

#46 Post by c fu » November 6th, 2018, 10:33 pm

jeffcagle wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 10:31 pm
c fu wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 10:22 pm
ERPark wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 7:54 pm
What time would festivities begin on Dec 1st?
6:30?

If we are a go I’ll book a private room at Longo for us and pre order a king crab?

I will give it another day in case anyone objects
Sounds good to me. I don't know much about the restaurant. Should we pre order a whole lineup of dishes or is the crab the only thing that we should order ahead?
That’s it. More to make sure they’ll have a sufficient size crab in the tank.

The rest I’ll order on the spot. Lots of fresh seafood. It’ll be great. We do a fair amount of dinners there.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area 12-1-18

#47 Post by jeffcagle » November 7th, 2018, 8:41 pm

c fu wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 10:33 pm
jeffcagle wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 10:31 pm
c fu wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 10:22 pm


6:30?

If we are a go I’ll book a private room at Longo for us and pre order a king crab?

I will give it another day in case anyone objects
Sounds good to me. I don't know much about the restaurant. Should we pre order a whole lineup of dishes or is the crab the only thing that we should order ahead?
That’s it. More to make sure they’ll have a sufficient size crab in the tank.

The rest I’ll order on the spot. Lots of fresh seafood. It’ll be great. We do a fair amount of dinners there.
Ok awesome. Sounds like a plan. 6:30 PM is the time, correct?
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

jeffcagle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 84
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Location: Central Cali

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area 12-1-18

#48 Post by jeffcagle » November 7th, 2018, 8:48 pm

I just want to absolutely confirm attendance so I know what vintages are truly spoken for. I also want to avoid splitting the bottles too many ways, but don't want to turn people down (I still have more asking about attending) on that account and then have those who I thought were coming not attend.

Eric, I think you're the only one who hasn't gave a thumbs up do December 1 as being good for you. Are you in?

Jonathan, are you going to be flying out for sure?
When I'm not drinking wine, I'm buying houses! www.webuyhomesincalifornia.com

Jonathan Sirot
Posts: 847
Joined: April 15th, 2011, 8:37 am

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area 12-1-18

#49 Post by Jonathan Sirot » November 8th, 2018, 10:05 am

jeffcagle wrote:
November 7th, 2018, 8:48 pm
I just want to absolutely confirm attendance so I know what vintages are truly spoken for. I also want to avoid splitting the bottles too many ways, but don't want to turn people down (I still have more asking about attending) on that account and then have those who I thought were coming not attend.

Eric, I think you're the only one who hasn't gave a thumbs up do December 1 as being good for you. Are you in?

Jonathan, are you going to be flying out for sure?
Jeff my gf gave the green light so it's a go. Really looking forward to this. I will probably be staying at the Hilton at LAX Is the restaurant far from there ?

Andre M
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 408
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 10:54 pm
Location: Chino, CA

Re: Krug Vertical Tasting: LA area 12-1-18

#50 Post by Andre M » November 8th, 2018, 10:18 am

Jon, the restaurant is about 30 miles from LAX.
Depending on traffic could be about 30 minutes to an hour drive.
A M u l y o n o

Post Reply

Return to “Offline Planner”