Flannery Beef - 30% off Special 60-Day Dry Aged New Yorks (& Limited Supply 60-Day Ribeyes)

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. Offers are posted in groups of 10-12 every 30 minutes - Auctions preview at 9:00 am PST
Dean Fjelstul

Flannery Beef - 30% off Special 60-Day Dry Aged New Yorks (& Limited Supply 60-Day Ribeyes)

#51 Post by Dean Fjelstul » January 27th, 2017, 9:37 am

Been waiting 12 months for this day! In for some aged ribeyes and reserve strips.

Leonard Maran

#52 Post by Leonard Maran » January 27th, 2017, 9:40 am

What's up with me; code "Berserkers2017" does not apply.

Bruce Rudman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#53 Post by Bruce Rudman » January 27th, 2017, 9:40 am

I assume these are not frozen so how fast do I need to cook them?
Bruce

CJ Beazley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#54 Post by CJ Beazley » January 27th, 2017, 9:42 am

Leonard Maran wrote:What's up with me; code "Berserkers2017" does not apply.
Make sure you enter it in "coupon code" - and not "gift card code"
It's C(raig)

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#55 Post by cjsavino » January 27th, 2017, 9:42 am

Bruce Rudman wrote:I assume these are not frozen so how fast do I need to cook them?
They arrive ice packed and individually vacuum sealed. I load up and freeze them with no detriment.
Chris

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#56 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2017, 9:45 am

CJ Beazley wrote:
Leonard Maran wrote:What's up with me; code "Berserkers2017" does not apply.
Make sure you enter it in "coupon code" - and not "gift card code"
99% of the time it's user error [snort.gif]
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member

#57 Post by Scott Watkins » January 27th, 2017, 9:48 am

Bruce Rudman wrote:I assume these are not frozen so how fast do I need to cook them?
You need to cook them the same night you invite me over for dinner! No rush they freeze well.
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

Leonard Maran

#58 Post by Leonard Maran » January 27th, 2017, 9:52 am

I am entering it in coupon code. No go

Joe Webb

#59 Post by Joe Webb » January 27th, 2017, 10:02 am

Had to jump in after listening to the grape radio interview. I know a few how have and do raise beef that I can't wait to share this with. I got some of each.
Drink to remember not to forget!
ITB- Proprietor & Winemaker Foursight Wines, GM Londer Vineyards (RIP 2001-2013)

alexnicholas

#60 Post by alexnicholas » January 27th, 2017, 10:03 am

1st time trying. Looking forward to it.
@lex N1chol@s
CT lolo66

sdfruman
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

#61 Post by sdfruman » January 27th, 2017, 10:03 am

In for some 30 day NY Strips! My first time! Thanks, Bryan!
Sheila

“There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.”
― Bette Davis

bryan flannery
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#62 Post by bryan flannery » January 27th, 2017, 10:05 am

Leonard Maran wrote:I am entering it in coupon code. No go
Leonard - apologies for the hassle, we really are better at beef than we are at technology! Shoot me an email at katie@flannerybeef.com with what you'd like and I can take care of it for you!

-Katie

bryan flannery
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#63 Post by bryan flannery » January 27th, 2017, 10:11 am

Bruce - figure you've got 4-5 days of fridge life from when you receive the steaks, but don't hesitate to throw some in the freezer to enjoy later. I've pulled steaks out of the home freezer after over a year, you won't see any detriment. -B

SeanHarding
GCC Member
GCC Member

#64 Post by SeanHarding » January 27th, 2017, 10:21 am

This is my first year buying, and I'm very excited. And hey, this fits in the "grocery" budget, not the "wine" budget, right? ;)

Eric White

#65 Post by Eric White » January 27th, 2017, 10:37 am

Totally IN, thanks Bryan!

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#66 Post by Jay Miller » January 27th, 2017, 10:56 am

SeanHarding wrote:This is my first year buying, and I'm very excited. And hey, this fits in the "grocery" budget, not the "wine" budget, right? ;)
That's how I'm rationali..., er, justifyi..., er, counting it.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

vincentz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#67 Post by vincentz » January 27th, 2017, 1:03 pm

In for CA Reserve Ribeye Steak, 60-Day Aged, 12oz...

Thanks Bryan and Katie.
V. Z e r i n g u e

Ed DiVito

#68 Post by Ed DiVito » January 27th, 2017, 1:27 pm

In. 3rd year in a row. No brainer.

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#69 Post by Siun o'Connell » January 27th, 2017, 1:45 pm

Flannery is definitely on the list - NY Strips for me ... and some packs of those waygu sliders which are really great for quick too busy workday meals.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#70 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Siun o'Connell wrote:Flannery is definitely on the list - NY Strips for me ... and some packs of those waygu sliders which are really great for quick too busy workday meals.
You have Flannery Waygu on 'busy workdays'?? BALLER!!!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Ari W

#71 Post by Ari W » January 27th, 2017, 1:56 pm

In for some of the 60 day NY and ribeye. Also couldn't resist building a burger while I was at it. Bryan's steaks are truly delicious!
W € ι η § τ € ι η

JIMCOH
GCC Member
GCC Member

#72 Post by JIMCOH » January 27th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Sorry, but I had no place, or could not find the place to enter the coupon code. I must have messed up. Can you help please.

This was my first order, though my mouth has been watering and my stomach growling over your site for quite some time.
Jim Cohen

Josh Kurek
GCC Member
GCC Member

#73 Post by Josh Kurek » January 27th, 2017, 4:14 pm

Finished the last ribeye and strip I had in my freezer last weekend so this was just in time! 18 steaks should restock quite nicely!!

bryan flannery
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#74 Post by bryan flannery » January 27th, 2017, 4:34 pm

JIMCOH wrote:Sorry, but I had no place, or could not find the place to enter the coupon code. I must have messed up. Can you help please.

This was my first order, though my mouth has been watering and my stomach growling over your site for quite some time.
Hey Jeff, saw your email, and don't worry, I'll take care of applying the coupon to your order :) -Katie

Jim Salvito
GCC Member
GCC Member

#75 Post by Jim Salvito » January 27th, 2017, 4:48 pm

Marshall Gelb wrote:
Jim Salvito wrote:In for a bunch of the 60-day steaks and a few 30-day NYs.

Hmmmmmmm. A bunch? Need to discuss an "inventory reduction" trip to Santa Barbara! [rofl.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

Sure, Marshall! Flannery steaks pair exceptionally well with older BDX and Mets games!

Steve Brickley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#76 Post by Steve Brickley » January 27th, 2017, 6:15 pm

When you folks are in there, get "build a burger" and ask for some of the aged ends to be ground in. I have done that twice in previous years and it has been an absolute delight. When it comes to your mix of three cuts, just ask them to pick their best including the aged. Hope they still have this.
Steve

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#77 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2017, 7:58 pm

super duper deal. Time to load up
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#78 Post by Mike Evans » February 1st, 2017, 11:26 am

CORRECTION: I did get a filet tail, I just didn't notice it hidden under a NY strip. My apologies for passing on incorrect information.

Steaks arrived today in beautiful shape. I was hoping that I'd been one of the first 50 to order, but apparently I wasn't fast enough on the draw despite ordering around 8:16 am on Thursday (or I misread the offer on what was required to get the filet tail, which is entirely possible). Either way, I'm looking forward to grilling up one of the new arrivals Sunday night.
Last edited by Mike Evans on February 1st, 2017, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#79 Post by Todd F r e n c h » February 1st, 2017, 11:43 am

Mike Evans wrote:Steaks arrived today in beautiful shape. I was hoping that I'd been one of the first 50 to order, but apparently I wasn't fast enough on the draw despite ordering around 8:16 am on Thursday (or I misread the offer on what was required to get the filet tail, which is entirely possible). Either way, I'm looking forward to grilling up one of the new arrivals Sunday night.
Insane - the filet tails were gone in an hour?? The Flannery offer always absolutely SLAYS in BerserkerDay

Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member

#80 Post by Mike Stoneking » February 1st, 2017, 3:38 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Mike Evans wrote:Steaks arrived today in beautiful shape. I was hoping that I'd been one of the first 50 to order, but apparently I wasn't fast enough on the draw despite ordering around 8:16 am on Thursday (or I misread the offer on what was required to get the filet tail, which is entirely possible). Either way, I'm looking forward to grilling up one of the new arrivals Sunday night.
Insane - the filet tails were gone in an hour?? The Flannery offer always absolutely SLAYS in BerserkerDay
Got one of those filet tails. Nice looking bonus. Thanks Bryan and Katie!!
ITB..............Someone has to drink all this damn wine.
Viva Berserkers!!

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#81 Post by Mike Evans » February 1st, 2017, 4:04 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
I've updated my post to correct my oversight. I did get a filet tail, I just didn't notice it hidden under a NY strip. My apologies for passing on incorrect information.

That said, given their well-earned popularity, it wasn't completely implausible that they would have received 50 orders by the time I placed mine.

sdfruman
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

#82 Post by sdfruman » February 1st, 2017, 4:37 pm

Got mine today as well and it was all I could do not to make one for dinner tonight. They look amazing!
Sheila

“There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.”
― Bette Davis

Ken Strauss
GCC Member
GCC Member

#83 Post by Ken Strauss » February 1st, 2017, 5:58 pm

Mine arrived today also.
Planned a dinner around the arrival.
I have never had the 60 day aged. As you might imagine I was looking forward to trying.

I took a 60 day aged California NYStrip and coated it with freshly crushed pepper and fresh garlic.
Into the cast iron pan it goes.

The wood burning pizza oven was ready at 700 degrees.

Absolutely amazing!

I asked my wife can you tell the difference?
She gave me a big smile and said yes.
Mission accomplished!

Thank you Bryan and Katie!
Super service,packaging and of course the product.

Btw...a lucky to get the short loin. Looks great!
"Explaining is not supporting."

"Independence is a state of mind"

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#84 Post by Siun o'Connell » February 1st, 2017, 7:21 pm

Working at home today ... very stressful day and then Fedex rang the doorbell and all this beautiful beef arrived. Thank you Flannery family!

Joe Webb

#85 Post by Joe Webb » February 1st, 2017, 9:39 pm

I got mine yesterday in perfectly condition. Ice packs still all frozen.

Doing a 30/60 day taste off ny and rib eye fri or sat. Just by the look i got a few "nice marbling, nice packaging" comments.
Drink to remember not to forget!
ITB- Proprietor & Winemaker Foursight Wines, GM Londer Vineyards (RIP 2001-2013)

mgriffith

#86 Post by mgriffith » February 2nd, 2017, 4:34 am

Who doesn't like to come home from a hard day to be surprised with a nice piece of tail?

Steaks arrived yesterday in perfect condition. Scored one of the coveted bonus tail pieces! [winner.gif]

Unfortunately they all had to go straight to the freezer as there is no chance of getting into them for at least two weeks.
"Creating a signature because I have to, not because I want to." - Malcom Griffith

Marshall Gelb
GCC Member
GCC Member

#87 Post by Marshall Gelb » February 2nd, 2017, 11:24 am

Mine arrived perfect on Tuesday! What a pleasure and I cannot even begin to talk about the quality of Bryan's products and his ridiculous customer service! [thankyou.gif] We have been buying for many years and are never disappointed! I left a couple of the New York's in the frig for tomorrow night and froze the rest. Now, I need to find a suitable bottle of vino! [winner.gif]

Thanks!

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]
A quién tiene buen vino no le faltan amigos.

Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member

#88 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » February 2nd, 2017, 11:39 am

I put my 6-pack of NYs and the cool extra bonus steak away.

Looking not to be the first to grill filet tail!
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

Marshall Gelb
GCC Member
GCC Member

#89 Post by Marshall Gelb » February 2nd, 2017, 4:52 pm

Jim Salvito wrote:
Marshall Gelb wrote:
Jim Salvito wrote:In for a bunch of the 60-day steaks and a few 30-day NYs.

Hmmmmmmm. A bunch? Need to discuss an "inventory reduction" trip to Santa Barbara! [rofl.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

Sure, Marshall! Flannery steaks pair exceptionally well with older BDX and Mets games!

Absolutely!!! We will definitely do it!

Cheers!
Marshall champagne.gif
A quién tiene buen vino no le faltan amigos.

John Chapman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#90 Post by John Chapman » February 3rd, 2017, 2:37 pm

My first Flannery steak last night - 60 day Strip, seared in cast iron then into the oven....great! The texture was like filet, perfectly consistent, flavor wonderful and rich. Served with a 2003 Thorevilos. Bravo! The tail is next to go.

Stan Y.

#91 Post by Stan Y. » February 4th, 2017, 3:34 pm

Looking forward to having a 20oz 60-day strip with a bottle of '93 Chevillon Vaucrains in an hour or two.
S. Y @ t € s

Josh Kurek
GCC Member
GCC Member

#92 Post by Josh Kurek » February 5th, 2017, 9:38 am

Did the 60 day strip side by side with a 50 day Pat Lafrieda for fun, both paired with a bottle of 96 Angelus that was received as a very generous gift recently.

The flavor on the Flannery was richer and a bit more to my liking but the texture on the Lafrieda was more tender.

Overall a meal I would be happy to repeat any day!

Have a bunch more of the Flannery'a lined up for a pre Super Bowl meal!

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#93 Post by Jay Miller » February 6th, 2017, 1:16 pm

bryan flannery wrote:
Scott Jameson wrote:Thanks ! In for some 30 day NYs and 60 day ribeyes, and hopefully, a filet tail. Any cooking suggestions for the tail ?
Scott - easiest way to do the shortloin tail is to grill it, but be prepared because it will thicken as it cooks. They run small so figure you really only need 10-12 minutes total. My favorite way to serve is to slice like a chateaubriand. The age on these gives them way more flavor than a normal filet so salt and pepper is all you need in terms of seasoning.
I lucked out on this. Any suggestions on the best way to cook if you're a condo dweller and don't have a grill? Alternatively I can leave it in the freezer until the next time I'm invited to a backyard grilling event.

I did the 30 and 60 day next to each other and while both were great I preferred the funkiness of the 60.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

Jeff Bloom
GCC Member
GCC Member

#94 Post by Jeff Bloom » February 7th, 2017, 5:39 am

We had the 60 day ribeye on Sunday, my first experience with Flannery. WOW! Count me among the converted. Thanks to Bryan and Katie for the BDay offer to finally get me to take the leap.

Steve Gautier
GCC Member
GCC Member

#95 Post by Steve Gautier » March 22nd, 2017, 5:17 pm

We had the 60 day day aged ribeyes last night. Fantastic steaks! Thanks Bryan and Katie.
Good wine is a necessity of life. - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “BerserkerDay VIII (January 27, 2017)”