Where is the Cabot Vineyards offer?

Are they not participating this year? That would be :frowning:

2 Likes

100% agree!

Bump. Where is John?!?

I believe Todd mentioned elsewhere that he was sitting this one out but should have plenty of wines to share shortly and definitely for BD14. Perhaps Todd can join in here though

Cheers

I was wondering this same thing. If you roll to his website he still has the BD12 offer live, haha. [berserker.gif]
I flew through last years’ aged syrah pack and he graciously sent me another one a few months back. Was hoping to see him back this year.

Imma go check his site as the aged syrah is 'xactly what I’m looking for - thanks for the tip! I think I’ve got one maybe two btls left in the cellar. They age so well and have such a restrained but deep and powerful flavor.

[Edit to add]

Well the BD12 offer is still up on John’s site and I just ordered the Aged Syrah 6-pack so woo-hoo!

John has not updated his site, and I believe many of those wines listed from BD12 are now gone. But I emailed him and ordered some stuff. He said he did not have enough in stock to support a BD13 offer, but since he is in the business of wine sales, I am guessing he would not mind hearing from past customers with orders for what he does have in stock.

1 Like

This makes me remember last year, in the heat of the moment and due to the ordering process being a bit clunky, I ordered (and paid for) like 7 six-packs instead of the 1 or 2 that I wanted. After some back-and-forth emails and PMs we got it straightened out and John refunded the difference.

Here’s hoping that he has the stock to fill the order I just placed! Truly delicious wines at a very reasonable price. And I love the way he prints the topo lines of his area with an “X” marks the spot for his vineyard right on the labels - looks quite hilly, it does.

(And I see that Kimberly is logged in to this forum so s/he should get a chuckle out of it . . .)

Do you recall if any of these syrahs have some bacon fat on them? Love that style of syrah sometimes.

1 Like

Cabot Wines is conspicuous by its absence.

Yes!

1 Like

He’s gonna come back big next year, he promised me.

4 Likes

I believe Kimberly’s Vineyard was the one I remember having some of that meaty bacon fat, while still having a lot of primary fruit. Which I thought Kimberly’s was the best of the lot. I remember the '09 still had some life. I recently opened one of the Klamath’s and almost positive it didn’t. Unfortunately, I only started using CT the latter part of this year so I don’t have any TN’s.

John was out of 1-2 of the bottles from the Syrah aged pack, but easily sub’d them. I know specifically the 2012 Marier Vineyard was out. We emailed back and forth a few times and I eventually just said Surprise me.

1 Like

Kimberley’s & Humboldt '08’s we’re my two favorites. They are one of my favorite label designs. Hope to see Cabot next year.

My favorite wine label! But I’m a map geek. The X on the label is not actually on the winery location (Yeah, I checked). I prefer to think there is hidden treasure buried at that spot. [cheers.gif]

Dude…John still thinks it’s 2021, check his website!

Hi Guys. We had to sit this year out, as we had a long string of smoke tainted vintages, so we’re extremely low on wine to sell. Our website is in the process of being completely redone, so I havnt updated it in a bit. We will be back in full force next year with a slew of new wines, including a new sparkling program from one of Anderson Valleys most prized Chardonnay vineyards. We do have some 2010, 2012 Syrahs, and a bit of the 16’s left, if anyone wants to email me at johnjcabot3@gmail.com, I can put something together for you.

Cheers
John

7 Likes

Dude, get those bubbles disgorged NOW!

Yay!

1 Like

Good to hear John - like others I miss Cabot. Hoping you have continued success in getting wines to your enthusiasts.

1 Like