OFFER EXTENDED!! SER Winery- Unique, Small Lot Wines (like Cab Pfeffer!) - 30% off all orders w/flat rate shipping.

SER BerserkerDay 13 Offers- EXTENDED THROUGH JAN 31st!!!

30% discount on all orders!
Plus flat rate shipping on all orders.

Hello, and welcome to my second BerserkerDay!

SER Winery is focused on vineyard designate, varietal, small lot wines. My wines are sourced primarily from old vine, dry farmed, Central Coast vineyards and produced with minimal additions. Ser: Spanish to express identity or origin.

I am so excited to have this opportunity to offer some unique and distinctive varieties to the Berserker community. Iā€™ve put together some sampler packs for you to try some of my favorites. You can learn more about the vineyards and wines at the end of this post as well as at http://www.serwinery.com.

About Me
My wine career began in the late 1990s in Michigan as a vineyard manager and winemaker. In 2001, I moved to Santa Cruz, and have been working with Randall Grahm at Bonny Doon Vineyard ever since. I also spent a year in New Zealand, managing a vineyard and making wine at Churton Wines, an amazing family-run winery in Marlborough. These experiences are a source of inspiration for my wines. Over the years, I have developed a love for working with lesser known varieties and old vine vineyards. I started SER in 2012 with the intention of producing varietal, vineyard designate wines from special sites.

IMG_2118 (1).jpg
SER BerserkerDay 13 Offers
30% discount
Use code BD13 at checkout.

Flat rate shipping on all orders.

\

INTRO to SER (3 Pack)
A lovely 3-pack that introduces you to my style. (Wine notes are at the end of the post.)

2019 Vermentino, Cedar Lane Vineyard - Crisp and creamy. Yum.
2019 Cinsault, Bechtold Vineyard - These are 134 yr old vines! OMG!!
2017 Cabernet Pfeffer, Wirz Vineyard - 100 yr old vines!

Retail $100, Berserker price - $70.
Click here to order.
Use BD13 at checkout to receive the 30% discount.

CABERNET PFEFFER Vertical 4 Pack - a VERTICAL of my signature wine.
SOLD OUT OF 2016 PFEFFER
2015 Cabernet Pfeffer, Wirz & Stiletto Vineyards
2016 Cabernet Pfeffer, Wirz, Gimelli & Black Ridge Vineyards (only ~1 case remaining)
2017 Cabernet Pfeffer, Wirz Vineyard-94 pts ā€œEditorā€™s choiceā€ Wine Enthusiast
2018 Cabernet Pfeffer, Enz Vineyard

Retail $156, Berserker price ~$110.
Click here to order.

SER SAMPLER aka ā€œNicoleā€™s Pickā€ (6 Pack)

2018 Sparkling Riesling, Wirz Vineyard - Bubblicious.
2019 Vermentino, Cedar Lane Vineyard
2019 Cinsault, Bechtold Vineyard
2019 Pinot Noir, Tondre Grapefield - 100% Pommard ftw.
2017 Cabernet Pfeffer, Wirz Vineyard - 94 pts ā€œEditorā€™s choiceā€ Wine Enthusiast
2018 Cabernet Pfeffer, Enz Vineyard

Retail $212, Berserker price ~$148.
Click here to order.

SER CASE aka ā€œLa Caja Buenaā€ (12 pack)

2018 Sparkling Riesling, Wirz Vineyard
2019 Vermentino, Cedar Lane Vineyard (2)
2019 Pinot Noir, Tondre Grapefield
2019 Cinsault, Bechtold Vineyard (2)
2015 Cabernet Pfeffer, Wirz & Stiletto Vineyards (2)
2017 Cabernet Pfeffer, Wirz Vineyard (2)
2018 Cabernet Pfeffer, Enz Vineyard (2)

Retail $432, Berserker price ~$302
Click here to order.

MIX & MATCH
Want to customize your offer? Mix and match anything on my website for 30% off. Click here to order.

Shipping
I know Berserkers like to try interesting wines, so I am also offering shipping deals.

• $10 flat rate shipping within California
  • $15 flat rate shipping outside of California

Currently able to ship to ALL states except: MT, NJ, AL, AR, CT, DE, KY, MS, RI, SD, UT.

Any questions or issues, you can reach me at: nicole@serwinery.com

What the heck is Cabernet Pfeffer?
(and other notes on my wines)
Cabernet Pfeffer

SER Cabernet Pfeffer (100% Cabernet Pfeffer) - I started working with Cabernet Pfeffer in 2012 when most people, including the grower, believed the variety to be a hybrid of Cabernet Sauvignon and Trousseau. Back in 2014 we did some DNA testing to find that it is in fact its own variety with no relation to Cabernet Sauvignon.

Instead, it is a rare grape called Mourtaou (the synonym for Pfeffer in France). There are only about 12 acres planted in California, located in San Benito County. Depending on the vintage, this wine sees a 5 to 10 day cold soak with a small sulphur addition, indigenous yeast fermentation, and no other additions. The wine is pressed then to neutral oak and ~40% 2-3 yr old French oak for 12-16 months of aging.

Aromas of cranberry, red currant, pomegranate, and white peppercorn. Juicy red fruit and spice on the palate. Earthy, mineral finish with delicate yet structured tannins. 13.3% to 14% abv, depending on vintage. Pairs very well with a variety of dishes, but particularly lamb.

Cinsault
SER Cinsault (100% Cinsault) is sourced from the 134 year old vines of the Bechtold Vineyard, Mokelumne River (Lodi), possibly the oldest Cinsault vineyard in the world. This is traditionally grown in the Southern Rhone to blend with Grenache, Mourvedre and Syrah. Grapes were saigneed (after the fruit was destemmed, some juice was drained from the tank to ferment separately as RosƩ, leaving the fruit destined for red wine to be more concentrated.) Indigenous yeast, with extended maceration in an open top fermenter. The resulting wine is floral, perfumed, light bodied. Juicy strawberry and red fruit flavors. Perfect for lighter dishes, fish, and poultry. It is a special wine from a special vineyard. 13.5% abv.

Pinot Noir
SER Pinot Noir (100% Pommard clone) comes from the Tondre Grapefield in the heart of the Santa Lucia Highlands. Depending on the vintage, it sees a 4 to 6 day cold soak with indigenous yeast fermentation and. The wine is gently pressed into neutral French puncheon. It undergoes malolactic fermentation in barrel and ages for 14-18 months before release. Aromas and flavors of plum, cherry, and blackberry. Silky tannins with a rounded palate and long finish. 13.4% abv (2017), 14% abv (2019).

Vermentino
SER Vermentino (100% Vermentino) is located in the Cedar Lane vineyard, in the Arroyo Seco appellation of the Santa Lucia Highlands in Monterey County. Soils are well drained, river bed gravelly loam. Cool climate, impeccable farming producing balanced vines and incredible fruit. The wine is whole cluster pressed to stainless steel tank to begin primary fermentation, then transferred midway through fermentation to neutral french oak puncheon (500L). Partial malolactic fermentation, aged 8 months in barrel prior to bottling. Citrus, mineral with a slight marine character define this wine. Dry with crisp acidity and a creamy mid palate. 13% abv.

Sparkling Riesling
SER Sparkling Riesling (100% Riesling) comes from the Wirz Vineyard in San Benito County. Methode Champenoise, no dosage (Brut Nature). The wine spent 16 months en tirage. Bright acidity with citrus and green apple aromas and flavors. Bubblicious. 13% abv.

To Order
Click here to order.

Use code: BD13 at checkout to receive a 30% discount. $10 flat rate shipping within CA, $15 outside of CA.

Thanks for checking us out!

1 Like

In for a ā€˜Nicoleā€™s pickā€™. Looking forward to trying most of your wines. Canā€™t wait to try your cinsault with Sandlands from the same vineyard. Always wanted to try your Cabernet pfeffer. Thank you.

1 Like

I really enjoyed the Cabernet Pfeffer I bought on Berserker Day last year so I couldnā€™t resist a Nicoleā€™s Pick pack this year!

I put in an order for a couple of Nicoleā€™s offerings. Iā€™ve had her wines before and they are quite nice! As I recall, the first sparkling Riesling was a serendipitous decision after a low Ph wine went dry.

-Al

In for an intro pack. Thanks Nicole!

My first purchase as a GCC member ever! I look forward to trying this! Thank you!

Just bought the Nicoleā€™s 6pk - looking forward to trying your wines! thanks.

My second Wine Beserker Day purchase brings me both a new winery AND a grape Iā€™ve never heard of.

IN for a CABERNET PFEFFER Vertical 4 Pack. I look forward to getting acquainted!

Looking forward to trying the wines, Nicole! In for the intro + a 2016 Cab Pfeffer

Trying Nicoleā€™s Pick for a new experience!

Grabbed an intro to SER 3 pack. Always down to try something new and interesting.

In as well - went for a Nicoleā€™s choice and added a couple bottles of the dry riesling to try!

Looking forward to trying the six pack I just ordered.
Thanks for the offering

A favorite discovery from last year. Looking forward to Nicoleā€™s Pick this year.

In for six Pfeffers.

In for Nicoleā€™s Picā€¦100 year old vines??Oh Yeah!

I havenā€™t tried SER wines before or cabernet pfeffer, but am excited to do so ā€“ in for 12 bottles, including some cinsault! After all, isnā€™t exploration what BD is all about?!?

Order in

If you havenā€™t had a chance to ever try Nicoleā€™s wines and youā€™re reading this, definitely do so! Back when I was a buyer for a small retail shop we used to work with these wonderful wines and the customers I sold them to were fiercely loyal once hooked! Huge respect for the winemaking.

Plusā€¦Cabernet Pfeffer!! How cool is that?!

In for Nicoleā€™s sixer - sounds interesting, thanks!