\*OFFER EXTENDED*/ ANCIENT WINE GUYS | DON'T MISS OUT ON UNIQUE WINE + HISTORY+ARCHAEOLOGY+MYTHOLOGY | FLATRATE SHIPPING

ANCIENT HISTORY - ARCHAEOLOGY - MYTHOLOGY - FANTASTIC WINESWelcome Berserkers and Wine Explorers!
We’re the Ancient Wine Guys.

THANK YOU BERSERKERS! This was an amazing first BerserkerDay for the Ancient Wine Guys! Stay tuned with us on Instagram & Facebook and don’t be a stranger!

We are extending our offer while supplies last! We are nearly sold out of Pack B, so get your order in ASAP if you’re interested in some amazing Dacian wines!
**** FIRST BERSERKER DAY EVER “UNLUCKY 13” BONUS: WINES OF MYTH AND TREASURE ****If you make a purchase and comment in this thread, you’re automatically entered to be lucky enough to randomly find one extra bottle of one of these two incredible wines that were Ancient Wine Club Member favorites from clubs/years past. An AWG will select two lucky Berserkers to find one bottle from these two wines in their shipment!

MYTH: 2017 Anatolikos Vineyards Limnio, Thrace, Greece
Made from 100% Limnio grapes first popularized by Aristotle and one of the most written about grapes in the Ancient Greek world, this version from Anatolikos is a deep, spice/earth-focused complex red produced in the hills of Thrace, replete with plum and forest floor. Thrace plays a key role in innumerable stories of the Ancient World, but for us the place holds an even more special place in our heart, beyond making incredible wines: the birthplace of the God of Wine, Dionysus.

TREASURE: 2019 Bott Frigyes Juhfark, Južnoslovenská, Slovakia
Produced from the Juhfark grape, famously grown in the volcanic soils of Hungary’s Somló, this is a version from just across the famed Danube river in Slovakia. This Juhfark shows a soft texture, but tightly-wound core of yellow and green fruits, with yellow peach, sunflower, and candied lemon. Much like the legendary “lost treasure” of the great Dacian king Decebalus which is still rumored to be buried in the Danube River, this is a true gem from the lands beyond the Danube itself.

Alright, what’s the offer?
For more than three years, AWG’s flagship product has been the bi-monthly Ancient Wines Club, a selection of three wonderful wines connected to a particular theme drawn from the history, archaeology, and mythology of the ancient world. With each shipment, members receive expertly-written, content-rich, full-color write-ups that thoroughly explore that club’s wines and theme. Our selections often feature hard-to-find wines from unique regions, with many made from some of the world of wine’s most ancient, historic, or rare varieties.

Our write-ups aim to meaningfully connect our wine selections to the places and stories that shape them. They are designed to be fun, inspiring, engaging, and accessible to history buffs and wine enthusiasts of all levels, neophyte to expert. Our packs are a fantastic way to explore wine regions, varieties, and producers you may or may not be familiar with, all while getting a uniquely educational experience.

For our first ever BerserkerDay, we have selected three fan-favorite Ancient Wines Club packs, have updated and revamped them, and are offering them as à la carte purchases with discounted shipping and a special WineBerserkers discount. That’s right, you’re not obligated to sign up for the Club first - we simply want you to enjoy our wines and write-ups, and, of course, post about them on WineTalk! However, if you sign up, the exclusive 15% BD13 discount will carry forward to any Ancient Wines Club membership and other AWG wine purchases for a full year!

Whoa! OK, I love great wines, and I love exploring history! But first…How will I order?!
How to order the the individual Wine Berserkers Packs:
Send us an email at info@ancientwineguys.com with your desired quantities of each pack, or simply comment in this thread with your desired quantity of each pack and we will follow up immediately with instructions and a link for completing your order!
Want to buy a pack as a gift with your discount? (Hint: these make awesome gifts for history and wine dorks alike!) Let us know!
How to sign up for the discounted Ancient Wines Club:Sign up here! At checkout, enter the discount code AWGBERSERKERS to receive your exclusive 15% discount on a year’s worth of our upcoming clubs. Additionally, if you sign up for the Ancient Wines Club along with any purchase of Pack A, B, or C, shipping for your first club installment in March will be only ONE DOLLAR!**

_Awesome. So… what’s in the packs?_

[Pack A: Original Price: $75 - Berserker Price: $63.75]

Featuring:
Pack A features three complex, well-structured, yet beautifully expressive French wines grown in soils and terroirs highlighting the three great building materials of Pharaonic Egypt: limestone, clay, and granite.

2018 Petit St. Vincent “Le Petit St. Vincent” Saumur Champigny Beautifully built Saumur Champigny showing all the classic hallmarks of good Loire Valley red: layers of cranberry-raspberry fruit, herbs & earth, and a fine lacy backbone of limestone tuffeau-imparted acidity.
Saumur Champigny, Loire Valley, France - 100% Cabernet Franc. 13% ABV

2020 Domaine de la Grangette “Cocoriko” Picpoul Noir
One of the rare single varietal expressions of Picpoul Noir, replete with crunchy, tangy, summer plum, cracked pepper, black tea, and pomegranate fruits from the sun-soaked clay-rich soils of Southern France. Bring this to a blind tasting and watch the brows furrow and the smiles grow wide!
Côtes de Thau, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - 100% Picpoul Noir. 13% ABV

2020 Vincent Paris Syrah, VDP Collines Rhodaniennes
Textbook Northern Rhône Syrah from one of the region’s new generation of Cornas & Saint Joseph masters. From vines grown in granite-strewn soils located just outside more prestigious Northern Rhône Syrah AOCs, yet showing all of the same savory, mysteriously compelling dark fruits as some of the best in the neighborhood.
VDP Collines Rhodaniennes, Northern Rhône, France - 100% Syrah. 12.5% ABV

Write-up Topics: Pharaonic Egypt. Terroirs of Granite, Clay, and Limestone. Obelisks, Pyramids, and Material Culture of Egypt.
By the 14th century CE, Cistercian and Benedictine monks were actively experimenting with how the geology of vineyards, particularly those situated on limestone, clay, and granite soils, evoked different characteristics and qualities in wine. Thousands of years earlier, the ancient Egyptians were using those same materials to erect timeless monuments and to create the world’s first wine labels, complete with year, vintner, and quality. From the land of the Pharaohs to the land of the French, we take you on an exploration of terroir nearly 5,000 years in the making!

[Pack B: Original Price: $75 - Berserker Price: $63.75]

Featuring: Pack B features three intriguing wines made from indigenous varieties from the Eastern European heartland of the ancient Dacians, one of the most exciting and under-explored areas of the modern wine world. These wines are a unique and fun exploration of some of the hidden corners of Eastern Europe’s vineyards.

2020 Edgar Brutler “Vinul Casei Alb” One liter crown-cap bottle of crisp, vibrant, spicy, green apple-toned, citrusy white field blend from the hills of Transylvania. With a name translated to “White House-wine,” this is a beverage made for liberal quaffing at any occasion - a rustic, crowd-friendly wine of the type that’s typically all consumed by the winemaker and his family.
Beltiug, Transylvania, Romania - Field blend of Feteasca Regala, Traminer, Grünspitz, Olaszriesling and a selection of other field varieties. 11% ABV

2018 Valibor Budai Zöld
Only 7 hectares remain of this extremely rare white grape that historically lined the banks of the Danube River in pre-phylloxera times. Apple skin, spiced pear, chamomile, and effortless freshness on the palate due to sparkling acidity and a light-bodied character.
Badacsony, Hungary - 100% Budai Zöld. 11.8% ABV

2018 Heimann & Fiai Szekszárd Baranya-völgy Kékfrankos
Perhaps better known as Blaufränkisch, this Kékfrankos is a beautifully constructed, complex, medium-bodied Hungarian red from some of the winemaker’s most prized vineyards in the Szekszárd (pronounced Sek­Sard) region. Somewhat like if a crunchy, cool-vintage Cru Beaujolais took an exotic Eastern European vacation and never went home.
Szekszárd, Hungary - 100% Kékfrankos
12% ABV

Write-up Topics: Conquest. Betrayal. Wild Frontiers. The Treasure of Kings. Roman Emperors. The Birthplace of Dionysus.
Ancient Dacia, encompassing modern-day Romania along with parts of Hungary, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Serbia, Moldova, and Slovakia, traces its sterling wine pedigree back to at least the Bronze Age. Descended from the Thracians, earliest adherents of the god Dionysus, the Dacians for centuries withstood invasions by Celts, Greeks, and Persians before finally succumbing to the power of Rome. Join us as we explore the rich culture, fascinating rulers, and exceptional wines of the lands beyond the Danube.

\

[Pack C: Original Price: $75 - Berserker Price: $63.75]

Featuring: Pack C features three sensational Spanish wines providing a window into the rich archaeological, historical, and viticultural legacy of the Catalonian city of Tarragona (ancient Tarraco).

2015 Pere Mata “L’Origen” Cava Gran Reserva DO Brut Incredibly complex and refined small-production Cava from one of the finest micro-producers in the region. Richly textured, yet deceptively graceful, full of aromas of toasted almond, white peach, and Rainier cherry. Something that easily punches way above its weight-class.
Penedès, Catalunya, Spain - 60% Macabeu, 40% Xarello. 12% ABV

2018 Lectores Vini “La Selección” Montsant
Silky, vibrant, cracked pepper & plum-focused Spanish red produced from the Montsant hills surrounding the Priorat region by local maestro Fredi Torres. This is a wine that has balance to its power, something difficult to do in such a warm region! We have folks regularly asking us for full case re-orders of this wine, as it ends up an easy “house red”.
Montsant, Catalunya, Spain - 70% Garnacha, 20% Carignane, 5% Tempranillo, 5% White Varieties. 14% ABV

2019 Lectores Vini “Classic” Priorat
A nuanced and surprisingly elegant expression of Priorat from one of the most honest, genuine, and under-the-radar producers in Priorat. Medium bodied with judicious extraction, this is a Priorat for those who want to feel the effects of the famous “llicorella” slate stones, but don’t want overt layers of any new oak or glycerol on the palate. Salut!
Priorat, Catalunya, Spain - 50% Garnacha, 30% Carignane, 10% Syrah, 10% “Other varieties” (likely white varieties) 14.5% ABV

Write-up Topics: An Ancient City’s Rise to Prominence. Exploring UNESCO World Heritage Archaeological Ruins. Tracing the Steps of Ancient Phoenicians, Greeks, Iberians, and Romans.
The picturesque port city of Tarragona lies on the Mediterranean coast of Catalonia, in northeastern Spain. Featuring a spectacular assemblage of Roman archaeological remains, collectively honored with UNESCO World Heritage designation in 2000, and surrounded by some of the most prestigious wine-growing terroir on the Iberian Peninsula, present-day Tarragona is a marquee must-visit destination for every lover of ancient wines, along with their historical, archaeological, and geographical contexts.
**** Ancient Wine Club Members, this is your January Club, but let us know if you’d like to add on more!**** [cheers.gif]

OK, those packs look great! Tell me more about this sweet, sweet Club discount…?

[Ancient Wines Club Subscription: Original Price: $75 - Berserker Price: $63.75]

Next Shipment: March 2022

If you sign up here for the bi-monthly Ancient Wines Club before January 31, 2022 using offer code AWGBERSERKERS, you will receive a 15% discount off the regular bi-monthly club price of $75 for a full year (six shipments). As an added bonus, we are offering existing Ancient Wines Club members a year-long 15% discount for any new member they refer to the club in 2022, meaning if you sign up a friend this year, you can lock in your 15% discount for all of 2023, too!

Clubs are billed and shipped every other month. Shipping for your first club, which will be mailed out in March, is just $1! Ancient Wines Club Members also receive a 15% discount on all wine purchases as well as access to our live and virtual events!

The Ancient Wines Guys have created over twenty unique clubs over the past three and a half years, including “The Wines of Alexander the Great,” “The Wines of Orpheus: Musician of the Gods,” and “Wines of the Late Bronze Age.” Many, many more exciting clubs and topics await in the coming years, and we invite you to join us on the journey!

Alright, alright, I’m in! Wait…who are you guys?
Ancient Wine Guys (AWG) is a group of four wine industry veterans, professional historians, PhD archaeologists, and best friends dedicated to exploring and sharing the incredible wines and stories of the ancient world. Our mission is making history accessible through wine, and we combine our collective array of professional, academic, and personal experience in archaeology, history, and education (plus a combined 25+ years of expertise in the world of wine) to curate the world’s only ancient history-archaeology-mythology-focused wine club: the Ancient Wines Club. In addition to the Club (see details below!), we also host a range of live and virtual wine dinners, tastings, seminars, and fundraisers. Check us out on Instagram @ancientwineguys, or on Facebook!

__From top left, clockwise: Ryan Wihera, Dr. Jeff Pearson PhD, Ti Ngo, Dr. Dana De Pietro PhD

And finally, what about shipping discounts, shipping details, and the fine print?Want to combine your Packs order with your club subscription? No problem! We can hold your wines and combine them to save on future shipping!

If possible, PLEASE USE A BUSINESS ADDRESS this will ensure someone is there to receive it and we don’t have any situations where wines end up in limbo!

We offer flat-rate shipping:
AZ, CA, ID, NM, NV, OR, WA:
-$15 flat-rate shipping for one or two Packs
-$1 shipping on any purchase of three or more Packs!

Other states:* (See below for restricted states)

• $25 flat-rate for up to 2 Packs;
  • $30 flat-rate for three or more Packs (no limit).

Free Shipping for New Ancient Wine Club Members
We will pay all Berserker Day shipping costs for new Ancient Wines Club members! You will see a charge on your initial invoice for shipping based on your delivery location when you sign up, but we will fully refund this charge for the first club upon signup!

When Will I Receive My Wines?
As much as we would love everyone to get their wines ASAP, currently all wines will ship in the first two weeks of March, unless otherwise requested (additional shipping charges may apply). If you are traveling, out of town, or need us to wait to ship your wines, or your first Ancient Wines Club shipment in March, please let us know and we can hold your wines for you. If you have a business address or dedicated wine shipping address, please use this address first!

The Sadness of Our Wacky Interstate Shipping Laws

• We currently do not ship to the following states: AL, AR, DE, IA, IL, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NH, OK, RI, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WI. However, if you are located in one of these states, please reach out to us with your order and we will see what we can do! Must be 21 or older to purchase. Inquire in the thread, via PM, or email info@ancientwineguys.com for any details or questions.

What a cool offering! I’d like to buy 1 Pack A, 1 Pack B, and 1 Pack C.

Excellent, sounds great! We’ll PM you with details.

My curiosity has gotten the best of me. Like spark, I would like one of each pack too.

2 Likes

I was fortunate to be one of the tasters for the Newbie offer. Obviously they made an impression since I subsequently ordered three cases.
Highly recommended!

1 Like

Everyone who takes the jump with Ancient Wine Guys will be rewarded with excitement in every shipment.

1 Like

Hi guys L’ancienne, I would like 2 packs of “B” and 2 packs of “C”. Cool!

I would like one pack of A, B C.

I sure hope CT has these wines in the database. I wouldn’t want to have to create them. I can’t even pronounce most of them.

If not, they will be by tonight. I think I can guarantee it. :wink:

Then let me know how to pay you for one of each Pack.

Not with the winery. Look at my .sig / ITB affiliation.

I’ve got all three of your orders down here! I’m sending order details via PM to complete the order! Thanks so much you guys!

You’re welcome [wink.gif]

Sorry about that. I am flying through these threads without carefully reading everything. If I paid attention, I would have known who you are.

No worries. It was funny.

They are all there now. Some may get tuned when I see bottles, but they are there. Let me know if you have trouble finding.

Scott, Jason, thank you both so much for the kind words! Scott was one of our NewbiePalooza sample tasters and we were so excited to hear his favorable takes on the wines and writeups!

I’ll try and upload a short video of myself later doing my best pronunciations of the names, varieties, appellations, and villages of the wines! It helps having the importer sound them out when we’re tasting, but as a buyer there are certainly some consonant+diacritical mark-heavy words that scare my eyes when I read them! [swoon.gif]

1 Like

Could I get 1 of each pack (A,B&C)? Very excited to taste through these with your notes!

1 Like

E-mail sent for pack B. Really cool concept.

1 Like

We’ve got you down Marc! I’ll send you a DM with order completion details!

Thanks a bunch, and I can’t wait for you to enjoy them with the writeups! They really pair well together! Reading and drinking…who knew? [dance-clap.gif]

Thanks Ian! We’ve got you down and will follow up with details!