Sacramento dining......

Just curious about the Sacramento dining scene. One of my girls will be in Sacramento for a few days for a health care seminar and will have some free evenings. Any recommendations for dinners? Especially if she is on her own…Better yet, any single Berserkers in the area? [stirthepothal.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

From my couple recent trips to Sacramento, the one restaurant I have enjoyed the most is Waterboy http://www.waterboyrestaurant.com/. Small bar area for solo dining.

Waterboy is great. I’d also add Ella, Hock Farm and Tuli Bistro. There is also a wine bar in downtown called 58 degrees that has a decent by the glass selection and good food.

Thanks guys…very helpful.

Cheers!
Marshall

Have not eaten there yet, but from what I hear Ella is up at the top of the Sac dining scene these days. Pretty sure Tuli Bistro is still closed after the main guy pulled out in Feb. - Magpie Cafe would be a good substitute as a casual foodie-type place. Recommend Mulvaney’s for farm to table, small but interesting (e.g. Poe Pinot) and fairly priced wine list. Kru for upscale Japanese. Red Rabbit has a lively bar scene and interesting food. Masullo for authentic Italian wood-fired pizza in a casual setting.

wow, sad that Tuli closed, shows you how often I get out! [wow.gif]

Ella is definitely up there, probably second behind The Kitchen. Says something about the Selland Family when they are considered to have the best two restaurants in Sac.

Sushi bar - Mikuni in Midtown Sac. Sat at the bar and had excellent fish and service

I have clients there so I am in town both entertaining and on my own several times a year. Ella is my favorite so far, and I love Magpie for lunch. The Grange is good for cocktails and breakfast.

+1 on Mikuni.

and Marshall, if you’re looking for something casual and beer-centric, try the East Sac Shack. i’ve had a number of good experiences here.

I ate out every single night for two weeks in December. I agree with Waterboy and Ella. I would also add Hock Farm (2 good meals there)

Check out The Kitchen for a tasting meal. Supposed to be very good.

Tyler; She went to 58 degrees last night after checking in to her hotel . It was very enjoyable and she was treated very well by the staff. Thanks.

Cheers!
Marshall

I’ve always been a fan of the Firehouse Restaurant whenever I’ve visited Sac.

Hey Phillip: She hit Hock Farm for lunch and thought it was delicious. Everything is working out well as most of the Board’s reccos seem to be walking distance of her hotel.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

[thumbs-up.gif]

Thanks Tyler, Phillip and everyone. Just picked Aida up from LAX after her first business trip. All the recommendations were excellent as she had dinner last night at Ella. All the restaurants were excellent, nice wines and staffs plus they were all within walking distance of her hotel. [welldone.gif]

Thanks again!

Cheers! [berserker.gif]
Marshall

Great to hear! [thumbs-up.gif]

Sorry just seeing this. Check out Mighty Tavern, owned by former owners of Cesar (great tapas spot next door to chez panisse). Ate there last fall. It was excellent.

http://www.mightytavern.com/index.html

Thanks again all…This was the first time she actually got to enjoy some restaurants they didn’t cost her (or me) money. [rofl.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]