Frankfurt Airport Query

For our upcoming trip to Italy, we’ll be flying on Lufthansa, connecting to Naples through Frankfurt.
Our flights arrive and depart from Terminal 1, with a two-hour layover. Anything tricky about this airport?

Thanks!

No. The airport gets a lot of traffic, and, as a result, is equipped to handle it.

Pretty good food. I like getting a beer and they have the real deal pretzels.

A ton of shops too. Frankfurt and Munich are two food airports to spend a few hours.

No, changing terminals is simple but takes a little while (monorail).

Its a big airport, the staff ride around on bikes.

The only tricky thing is that one terminal is a loooooong hallway. It’s not start-shaped or anything. If you gate is at the other hand of the loooooong hallway, it can take a while to reach it.

It’s entirely possible to spend a good 15-20 minutes walking fast after the security check to reach your gate. I learned this the hard way as I liked to play tight with the 30 minutes before take-off check-in limit.

The only other good thing I can say is that it doesn’t feel cramped like some older airports. There’s space and light, which is nice.

Sending this from FRA now, though not in Lufthansa terminal.
FRA is easy, and lots of shopping as mentioned.
I’m heading home with a case of Doennhof Spaetlasen!! My favorite part about traveling to Frankfurt!

Thanks, folks! Am I correct in assuming no customs check until Naples?

Nope. You enter the EU here and get your passport stamped before getting to any connecting flights to EU countries. You’ll just collect your luggage in Naples, no ag or baggage inspection as in the US.

Excellent!

Customs check hardly ever happens in western Europe, unless you have tons of things to declare. Border control immigration check will happen in Franckfurt which is your first EU country of arrival in this case.

Just to be certain, make sure to ask Lufthansa check-in counter stateside that you will not have to collect your luggage in Frankfurt, but in Naples.