Heading to Ft Lauderdale, Keys, Miami Beach and St Thomas any Recommendations

Have a few trips planned over the last half of the year and wondering if The Berserkers have some recommedations for these destinations:

We really enjoy, any type of food, and wine lists aren’t that important. I am familiar with most of the high end places in Miami/South Beach area but haven’t ventured out too much in Lauderdale and I have never been to St Thomas.

So any input is appreciated… [berserker.gif]

Versailles in Little Havana has some great Cuban food, and bakery too. Out-dated decor, but authentic.

Versailles
3555 SW 8th St
Miami, FL 33135

Also, Green Street Cafe in Coconut Grove is always a pleasure to visit.
http://www.greenstreetcafe.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two outdoor waterfront patio area’s we hang out in Miami Beach are:

The Standard Lido Bayside Grill at The Standard Spa, Waterfront Miami Restaurants
Lido Restaurant / Bar
and

Smith & Wollensky http://www.smithandwollenskysteakhouses.com/locations/miami_beach_steakhouse.htm

Love watching the cruise ships go by in the channel on the weekends.

Yeah. Take me with you! flirtysmile

Café Maxx in Pompano Beach and Wine Watch in Ft Lauderdale put on some high end wine dinners. I didn’t make it to either place the last time I was down there, but noticed them afterwards.

If you’re looking for something straightforward on the beach in Lauderdale, try Flavors of Italy Bistro, 403 S. Fort Lauderdale Blvd. We had lunch there the one day we were in Lauderdale and enjoyed it.

If you go north from Lauderdale, we thought the Cuban Cafe was exceptional with 2 locations (Delray Beach and Boca).

If you want a really different experience in South Beach, try B.E.D.. Food and music served in beds on the beach. We didn’t go there, but we did walk past and say WTF?

I’ve eaten at Versailles in Little Havana twice with somewhat mixed results. The food can be very good, but sometimes isn’t.

This site has some useful info: Three Guys From Miami