Where: Richmond, VA

Headed there in a few weeks on work. From what I can tell, other than historical points of interests… what the crap does one do here?? Any thing fun that a late-twenties, single-traveler, not wanting to go out to clubs kinda girl can do? Any decent restaurant recommendations? Local and organic restaurant recommendations get you on my “like” list.

LOVE the avatar!
[haha.gif]

Grrrr. Not helping!

Kara,

Check out an area of Richmond called Carytown. My gf’s family is from Richmond and we always go out there for dinner. It has a bunch of hole in the wall places, but that’s part of the charm.

Suite 101 - How-tos, Inspiration and Other Ideas to Try" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another option would be to go to the Fan. It’s another area of Richmond. This area has a lot of cafes mixed into the residential neighborhood. It’s kind of one of those areas like New Orleans where if you stray one street over too far, you might want to get back on course quickly.

Guidespot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you sir!

Don’t thank me just yet; you haven’t been there :wink:

I’m in my late 20’s so hopefully if I like it, you will too.

Oh cool. Yeah and if I don’t like it then it will speak volumes of your taste. Kidding. :smiley:

I usually like checking out the local/hip neighborhoods and leave the tourist-y areas to the obese mid-westerner tourist (sorry to offend anyone). Plus, the neighborhoods are usually (I use that term loosely) a bit safer. Which is probably my #1 thing when traveling for work as I’m usually solo.

Thanks again!