New Jersey Shore

Would love recommendations for a nice resort/town on the Jersey shore. Looking more for golf/beach than crowded places.

Thanks in advance,
Chae

My experience with the shore is that there is surely something for everyone, it all depends on what you want.
Kids below 12 involved? Point Pleasant.
Teenagers? Seaside Heights
No kids? Seaside Park, Ocean Beach (dry) & Cape May

The golf thing is trickier. I never really played it there.

I am sure some others can join i here.

I used to love Barnegat and Long Beach Island.

The barrier islands are NARROW and I don’t think you will find many full fledged golf courses anywhere along the shore proper. Inland a ways will be a different story. Of course if you like putt-putt you are in luck, those are everywhere. I suspect that isn’t what you have in mind.

I like Wildwood Crest/Cape May area. The Wildwood Crest area is more quiet than Wildwood. If you have kids, they will love the Wildwood boardwark which is just a few minutes drive away. Lots of nice BYO restaurants in Cape May which is again a few minutes drive away. Plenty of golf courses between there and Atlantic City further north. Closest one would be Cape May National. Lots of other good ones. Blue Herron, Harbor Pines and the Sand Barrens come immediately to mind.

Thanks for the recs everyone!

We spent a week on Long Beach Island several years ago. Loved it!

I agree with what Frank said about golf.

If you don’t know the area at all, one thing to keep in mind is that many beach towns are on islands or sandbars like LBI, so they have the ocean on one side and a calm bay on the other. There are advantages to having both.