Eating Our Way Through Spain, Andorra and France (Cinc Sentits, La Tupin, L'Arpege)

Just got back from a two week excursion. Truly memorable. For the Tour de France stages we saw. For the food and for the wine. The three restaurant highlights – Cinc Sentits in Barcelona, La Tupina in Bordeaux and L’Arpege in France. La Tupin was amazing but was 3rd in this group (but still a top top notch meal). The big debate was between Cinc Sentits and L’Arpege. I was in the L’Arpege camp but was outnumbered 3-1 on that front. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, L’Arpege is the clear winner in my opinion. But it is 320 euro for the chef’s menu. Which is absolutely inane. Of course I got it and was not disappointed. However, for an absolutely creative, “El Bulli-esque” meal, Cinc Sentits was practically a bargain. It was 85 + 60 (wine pairing) per person. A memorable memorable meal. Best foie gras I’ve ever had. And the best starter (maple syrup shot) I can remember.

I posted the L’Arpege dinner on CT and will paste the link later today or tomorrow.

As far as I know Bordeaux has no plan to secede from the rest of France [wink.gif]

Most of the 3-star restaurants in Paris are really, really expensive. The good deals are in the countryside, that’s for sure.

Hahahahahaha. I was rather tired! L’Arpege in PARIS. It’s right across from the Rodin Museum.

Dinner at L'Arpege - CellarTracker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;