Going to Glen Ellen

I am a little embarrassed by this, but I have never been to Glen Ellen even though I live fairly close and have played golf numerous times nearby. My question is this, any recommendations on restaurants and nearby wineries. I will be staying in GE for 2 nights and need some alternatives that are close by.

Audelssa is fabulous. Eric Ross is not as fabulous, but the pourers are a colorful married couple.

Second Audelssa. Mayo and Arrowood are decent. Benziger has beautiful property but the wine isn’t.
It’s been a long time since I had dinner there. I don’t think the village market’s deli counts. lol

Agreed - they are super fun.

Paradise Ridge is very nearby also - worth trying.

Audelssa is definitely worth a visit. My favorite restaurant in GE is The Fig Cafe, which is very well priced and wine oriented. I’ve been there many times, as my sister and brother-in-law live in nearby Kenwood. I’ve also been hearing great things about a new place, Olive & Vine, and I’ve tried the chef’s food when she’s catered for wine events and it’s been awesome. I look forward to going there next time I’m up. In Kenwood, which is just five or so miles up the road, I’d recommend Doce Lunas and Cafe Citti (as well as my sister’s two stores, Vita Bella and La Belle Vie, in Kenwood).

Thank you to you all for your suggestions. I hope the party in charge is willing to check these out.

Benziger was a nice visit. Beautiful grounds.

Decent Mexican food for lunch at Juanita Juanita on Arnold Drive south of Sonoma National Golf Club.

Yeah a serious +1 from me on Juanita Juanita’s its a hole in the wall but the food is really awesome.

And one of the better vineyard tours of their 100% biodynamically farmed vineyard. Ask for Todd Throckheld to be your tour leader. Dude rocks!