Ixtapa, MX

Anyone been? It’s one of a few warm places for which I can find decent airfares in the next 2 months. I’m not familiar at all. Thinking about staying at the Intercontinental, if that helps. TIA.

We’ve been to Ixtapa, but never set foot outside of the Club Med while there.

Weather and beaches have been great. I’m sure you’ll have a great time.

The family and I go to Mexico almost every year, but it has been awhile since we have been to Ixtapa. On thing I can say is to plan to spend a lot of time by the pool. Going from our Minnesota temperatures to the 90+ weather down there will hit you a bit. We have tended to stay around Puerto Vallarta on the Pacific side instead, as it’s about 5 degrees cooler.
There is a great web site by the name of Trip Advisor that can guide you on everything, from what to do, to where to eat in the region. While Ixtapa is the resort area, Zihuatanejo, which is more of the population center, was well worth making the short couple of trips for dining and shopping.
FYI This year we did the Barcelo Maya Palace near Playa del Carmen and were highly impressed.

Ron

Just remembered two restaurants.
Villa del Selva near the Las Brisas resort. Best in Ixtapa. Sits up high on a hillside that is known for it’s wonderful sunsets. Plan your dinner time reservation accordingly. If I recall, at one point it was the western retreat for one of the former presidents of Mexico.
Also, in Zihuat there is one by the name of Coconuts. Perfect place to take the SO for a nice night out.
If you like golf, there is a very good Robert Trent Jones course right near your property.

I’d rather stay in Zihuatanejo, but that’s just me.