Which company/site would you use for air tix to France?

Any help is appreciated. Sitting next to cattle is not above me. :wink: We used Air France earlier this year which was great. Any others?

Cheers,

Ray

What’s your priority?!?

Price? Comfort? Timeliness?

Hey Guillaume,
really price is what I care about. Leaving August for Burgundy again. So, I have a little time.

Hiya Ray,

I usually use kayak.com to find the lowest fares. Michelle and I just roundtripped Paris for just under $600 each after all taxes and fees, flying SFO → Houston → Paris which is a touch longer route but mildly offset by the fact that it’s a bit less popular of a route and Houston is usually a less busy airport than, say, Chicago or Dulles or JFK…

Plenty of websites for this… expedia, opodo among others.

Thanks Josh and Guillaume. I hadn’t heard of kayak.com. I’m gonna look at it. And Guillaume, any preference on sites?

Thanks again guys

Kayak is great.

i third kayak. Formerly sidestep

when I went in Feb, I found the best price on Lufthansa going from LA to Paris CDG, with one stop each way

Thanks guys. Looks like I am looking at roughly $880. Thanks a lot. Much better than before looking at that site.

I’ll track for a few days and then pull the trigger.

Cheers,

Ray

Kayak.com for me as well. Sometimes I’ll check my favorite airlines’ own websites as they sometimes have discounts they won’t share, but as far as I know Kayak nails those too.

If you want to go in style without paying too much, l’Avion was great when I spoiled myself back in October. Food was unbelievably good, Champagne didn’t suck (forgot the brand).

Michel, thanks for the heads up. I can’t say I need any pampering, I’d be fine taking a plane with livestock. :wink: That said, when we flew Air France, they had free everything, wine, beer, Champange (from Champagne…who would’ve thought), food, snacks, sweets, etc. It was great and really different from what I was used to flying domestic, no complaints on that.

BTW, just an FYI: Delta is no longer flying to Paris. They’ll list flights, but they’ll be via Air France. AF has great new planes (the ones that stay up, that is) and the food is decent (not great, but better than any US carrier). Stewardesses are cute too, but that’s just a bonus. I really like them for flights to France, and they only lost my luggage once.

It seems you’ve found your way to Kayak. It’s great because it will let you pick and choose a lot of different items to narrow down your flights.

Totally agree. We used AF going to the AF site. But, Delta is partnered. I wonder if I can use my miles… :slight_smile: And, the food was great. I told my wife that I’m flying AF most likely since the odds shouldn’t be that bad, all things considered.

As macabre as this sounds, I like flying after a major incident. I figure something like that gets all the airlines back on their toes so they’re not the next disaster.

It sounds bad, but I totally agree, quality and efforts generally go up at times of scrutiny.