Walla Walla

We’re thinking we may take off for a last minute trip to Walla Walla in July. We’ve never been, and would appreciate recommendations for places to stay / wineries to visit etc. We’ll probably only stay 2-3 nights since it’s a 12 hour drive each way.

Thanks!

If you can swing appointments to Abeja or Cayuse do so. There are folks here on this board who may be able to help you with that endeavor. The Marcus Whitman is a very nice, quiet hotel downtown. Find Saffron for dinner one night.

Abeja also offers really lovely lodging as well though the rooms are usually booked well in advance.

If you want a lower scale, but comfortable room, the Holiday Inn express is fairly new and the price is right leaving more for wine [cheers.gif] .

One of our most favorite places for dinner is T Maccarone’s. Whitehouse-Crawford is a good restaurant as well.

Hope that helps.

Stay at the Marcus Whitman. Make sure you eat at Saffron. Drive over to Waitsburg and hit the Jim German bar and eat at Whoopemup. New/ under the radar wineries to hit are Rotie Cellars and Couvillion.

Thanks Glenn. I had my first Abeja a few months back, and really enjoyed it.

I shot them an email anyway, but I doubt there is anything available at this point. Very nice cottages though.

Thanks David, that’s certainly an option. I had been looking at some B&B’s, but I might settle on a hotel.

Rotie looks interesting. I didn’t realize grenache and mourvedre were grown in Washington. Is it successful?