2 Days in Napa in mid-June - need new wineries to visit

Hi all,

I’m heading up to Napa with a friend for 2 days. We’ve both done a lot of Napa, but are looking for some new places only this forum could supply. We’re both mid-20’s so not a ton of experience, especially off the beaten path, so we’re looking for smaller production & no tour buses (ha!).

We’re fans of Cab, Syrah/Petit Sirah, Red Blends, and are always open to unsweetened whites - pass on dessert wines & Rieslings etc.

To avoid stepping on wineries we’ve passed through, here’s our list we’ve checked off the list:

Benessere
Cade
Chimeny Rock
Duckhorn
Elhers Estate
Frank Family Winery
Goosecross Cellars
Hall
Howell Mountain Vineyards
Madrigal
Mumm
Paradigm
Peju
PlumpJack
Pride
Rombauer Winery
Silver Oak
Silverado
V. Sattui

Any insights to your favorites would be a great help in our continuing education.

Thanks in advance!

Do Not Miss:
Alpha Omega
Outpost
Herb Lamb
Larkmead

If You Have Time:
von Strasser
Cliff Lede
Miner
del Dotto (Original on Atlas Peak Road)

And, here is a really good map with links:

Napa Valley Wineries – Map, Itineraries & Trip Planner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alpha Omega, Outpost and Shafer are a must in my book!

I would add the below but what the others have said are a must if you haven’t been.
If you run out of places stop by later in the day and we’ll share something with you.

Lamborn
Anderson’s Conn Valley
Chappellet
Elyse

Second Elyse and add Biale, both from last August.

Alpha Omega A boutique winery that has a beautiful tasting room. *

ACV aka Andersons Conn Valley I’m being polite when I say secondary road. You have to ring the bell at the gate to get in for a private tour in the cave ($25?).

EMH What’s better than sitting down with a winemaker at her dining room table, overlooking the vineyards, tasting the wonderful wine. *

• board members.

Drop in: Artesa & Raymond

Tour & tasting sign-up req’d: Schramsberg

Second Schramsberg. Also, Chase and Reverie. Both are small and the tour/tastings are the best. Appointments are required, though.

Thanks guys for the great ideas! Carrie I’ll message you when we’re getting close, so we can meet up. Whenever my friend visits Napa, he actually goes to your shop to pick up cigars.

Really looking forward to all this and I appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Blake

Lewelling Vineyards is also a great winery to visit.

Let me know if you want to come to Alpha Omega and i will amke it happen for sure.