PBS series - Spain - On the Road Again

Has anyone been watching this? The PBS series with Gwyneth Paltrow, Mario Batali, Mark Bittman from NYT, and Claudia Bassols eating and drinking their way through Spain… recently discovered it…what a lovely series! Makes me more than ever want to visit.
The episode they had of their trip to Galicia was idyllic. flirtysmile
http://www.spainontheroadagain.com/index.shtml

It looks like there were two episodes on Galicia. Do you know which one you saw?

-Al

Tried watching it once…once.

The ONLY saving grace on that show was Claudia Bassols. As for Gwyneth…a hippie-ish macrobiotic diet follower acting as tour guide through the land of jamon? [head-bang.gif]

Don’t know if I’d go that far, but I’m certainly an initial subscriber to the Claudia Bassols Network. Screw Oprah

“a hippie-ish macrobiotic diet follower acting as tour guide through the land of jamon?”

+1000

And, the one time I tried to watch it, they turn down some country road and, wouldn’t you know it, Mario’s buddy Michael Stipe from R.E.M. just HAPPENED to be coming the other way.

BASTA!

Episode 103. I liked it!

Team Mario here flirtysmile

That’s the only episode from that series that I’ve seen. I enjoyed it, although it was more of a casual travelogue than a cooking show. As far as Gwyneth, I take her as over Mario’s sidekick on Mario Eats Italy even if she doesn’t eat meat.

-Al

This was on last year locally, I’ve seen most of the shows, the more interesting ones seemed to be in the more remote/less-touristed regions, such as northern Spain and the interior. Got hungry watching some of the tapas bar scenes with wave after endless wave of nibbles.

Got to be the worst pick for theme music I have ever heard. Can never listen to that song ever again after painfully sitting through a few of these shows. Mario was cool to watch, Paltrow was pathetic.

I like most of Willie’s music, although that was never a favorite and they appear to be using a much more recent recording that, IMO, isn’t very good.

-Al

I saw one episode too. I think Paltrow was the wrong person to cast. They should have done the show with someone excited about the local cuisines and not repulsed. If you are doing a show including all the rich flavors of Spain, ie: chorizo, lamb, pork, and tons of seafood and the actor gasps in horror, your not getting your point across. It was great that they had a famous actor doing the show, but they should do it again…I not famous, but I would volunteer to play her role and not gasp in horror at the sight of chorizo being grilled over an open fire! There are lots more places to film, so I think they should try again with other actors.