Sacramento June 24th - 27th!

I am flying into town with a few friends for a long weekend. Never been there, all I know is it is about an hour from Napa! What is there to do in and around and how far of a drive is it to some good wineries? I would prefer not to go to Napa!

TIA!

It’ll be over an hour from the Sac airport but still a fairly easy drive into southern Napa (Carneros area). Start with Artesa. Check out one of the online winery maps and see what else looks good.

Dumb shit, make the drive to Napa.

I probably will, just hoping there were some good wineries between Sac and Napa!

Depending on the time of day/day of the week you head that way you can be there in a reasonable amount of time after a relatively easy drive and the wine quality jumps exponentially. Besides, you’ll be flying 3 hours or more depending on connections, why not another hour or a hair over?

Because I am going to be there with a group and am looking for easy at this point!

What group? The “We’re opposed to driving anywhere” group? “Okies against good wine” group?

The “We want to get drunk and not drive group”

Time to hire a car.

Yes it is!

know nothing about these wineries, but may be worth a look if your crew of Napa Haters are getting restless.

Sierra Foothills Wine Map - Wine Country Getaways" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;