Akelarre
Martin berasategui
Rekondo
Saltxipi lunch

Bordeaux wine bar drinking burgs

visiting Gruaud Larose, Talbot, Leoville Poyferre, Pichon Baron

Le Gavroche London

1 Like

We were in Madrid about a month ago. 2 great meals at Angelita and Taverna Laredo. Angelita is just a silly value for their tasting menu with wine pairings. Also made some fun stops at Mercado San Miguel for tapas and beers. Dos Cielos was also very good for a work dinner.

Some nice restaurants in San Sebastian. Enjoy Jordan!

1 Like

I look forward to the reports.

Is Martin Berasategui still doing molecular gastronomy?

1 Like

Have a great time, Jordan

1 Like

Eagerly awaiting your reports

going tomorrow. will let u know

Rekondo tonight. Excited to see the list.

Expecting to have a hard time deciding what to drink

My wife and I had a bizarre dinner at MB 9 years ago. Waiter was really creepy and was hitting on my wife, took her on a late night private tour of the restaurant. I got food poisoning.

We did get a nice signed bowl from the chef wishing us happy anniversary.

It was full on molecular gastronomy when we visited. I still remember a crazy plate of all green smears and gels with Gin, looked like a painting. And another dish of strange smoking potions.

Rekondo list and cellar are incredible.

I do not understand however, why they put wines that are not for sale on the list.

2 Likes

Well never have to go to Martin Berasategui again. Wine list was not that interesting and phenomenally overpriced. Restaurant was hot and felt a lot more pretentious and robotic than Akelarre. Didn’t bother with the tasting menu. The appetizer salad was pretty good. The squab entrée was not. The squab was under seasoned, and everything on the plate was very rich. And little to no acid to cut through the richness. It’s funny as the appetizer salad had enough acidity for both dishes which was unnecessary. It was very pretty though. And yes too much use of gels.
BF426738-DA9F-4DCF-9EF9-55004F891315.jpeg
667C5DD3-15E1-4760-B56D-2F225CEB9526.jpeg

I thought about warning you, but palates differ, so… The 2 and 3 star places are not the way to go in San Sebastian.

Loved Akelarre 2 years in a row. Got into Ganbara this year and it lived up to the hype

We have stayed at Akelarre.
We usually have dinner at the lounge or order room service and eat on our balcony overlooking the ocean.
No need for the ***.

A great hotel.

We loved Akelarre as well - so warm and friendly for a ***. Enjoy and if you are still in San Sebastián check out the pools at La Perla.

1 Like

great. Nobody needs the 3*. Nobody needs to stay there either

A great trip
IMG_8503.jpg
IMG_8454.jpg
IMG_8450.jpg
IMG_8426.jpg
IMG_8420.jpg
IMG_8255.jpg

cont
IMG_8531 2.JPG
IMG_8404.jpg