Freddy’s Steakburger > In-N-Out, and it ain’t close!

That is all.

1 Like

You poor bastards that don’t have Swensons Drive-In and/or Culver’s.

Carl’s Jr. is > than In-N-Out.

Dick’s > In-N-Out

1 Like

Tartar sauce doesn’t belong on a burger!

In n out is the best QPR in burgers and it’s not close. $3.45 for a double double is insane. I think it’s by far the best fast food burger at that price point. On an absolute quality sense, it’s hard to compare to a quick casual place but I would still put it up against any site.

Culver’s is fine, but not as much for the burgers as sides and ice cream, and I’m from WI.

I thought Freddy’s burgers were similar to Culver’s in quality.

1 Like

Quoting Anthony Burgess again?

The closest Swenson’s was an hour away…until last week, when they opened one 20 minutes from my house. Can’t wait to get out for a burger and a shake (and some onion rings too).

I have never heard of Freddy’s, and I would agree for the value In and Out is tops.

I don’t get it. I did read A Clockwork Orange though.

NTTAWWT [wink.gif]

I’d never heard of them either, until recent drive across America widened my horizons. I tried to go to a chicken joint that began with a Z but they shut the lights when I pulled up to park.

Freddy’s was across the street. It’s like they straight copied In-N-Out with upticks in quality across each item.

Was the chicken place Zaxby’s ? Good chicken and crinkle fries, usually try and stop when I’m down south and that’s one of the options.

1 Like

Found one about an hour from me, might have to take a run out that way sooner than later…looks like the California burger on the menu is similar to In n Out

Freddy’s is solid and they have a “California style” burger (actually on the menu) that apes a certain “secret menu” option at a certain west coast chain. Culver’s is good too.

I’m traveling to Akron for work Friday. I may have to stop by a Freddy’s.

If you put a dollar value on time, then the In-N-Out QPR flies out the window in a hurry.

for the few of you out there who’ve been to the inland northwest, zips>(in-n-out+10)

It’s certainly true that In-n-Out locations almost always have long lines but I’ve been very impressed by the speed with which they move people through. The drive-thru line in Costa Mesa runs like a well oiled machine. I’ve gone when there were 35 or 40 cars in front of me and been through it in as little as 10, maybe 15 minutes. It’s impressive.

You’re right, they are very efficient and it is impressive. The problem is, I’m measuring their product against traditional fast-food drivethroughs. It’s good in comparison, but not enought to make the 15 minutes or the hassle of the parking lot worthwhile for me. If I really want a decent elevated fast food hamburger bad enough, I’d much rather go to the Habit…

I bet your favorite wine is Rombauer Chard.