Great List! Le Bistro Incline Village North Lake Tahoe

Based on $20 corkage, I took 2 bottles, but ended up buying off their list instead because the markups were modest. Their list isn’t online, unfortunately, but some particularly good deals include:
2016 Leeuwin Art Series Chardonnay $95 (retail $80)
2015 Forman Cabernet $110 (retail $100! And a great wine!)
2018 Mongeard-Mungeret Grands-Echezeaux $320 (retail $220)
2018 Smith Haut Lafite $185 (retail $120)

There’s a few hundred bottles overall, mostly French, and mostly vintages since 2015, starting around $50. Maybe I’m just cynical due to how most Bay Area restaurants price wine, but I really love restaurants run by people who want you to drink good stuff.

The food I would compare to Flea Street Cafe in Menlo Park or Bistro Elan in Palo Alto, it’s not going to earn a * and it’s not a great bargain but it is delicious. My husband’s halibut entree was the biggest single serving of halibut we’ve ever seen. Lots of classic items on the menu like Lobster Bisque, Crab Cakes, Rack of Lamb. I had a pork loin based entree with a savory shroomy brown sauce that was lovely - something I could pretty easily recreate at home, but nevertheless yummy and also a well sized entree portion. The service was, in our opinion, nice and friendly without being casual, with proper timings across the meal.

So overall Le Bistro was a win and the kind of place I think most Berserkers would appreciate.

1 Like

Thanks for the post! I spend half the year in a house 3 blocks away and embarrassingly have never been. Will have to put it on the list.