Chateau in Burgundy - 2022 Report

I had the distinctive pleasure to stay at Chateau Montrevost from June 18th to 25th, 2022. This Chateau has been refurbished and renovated by Christophe Gay and his wife who also own other Chateau’s in the area. There were at most 13 guests that stayed during the course of the week when we were in Cusiery, a small village near Tornus about 1.5 - 2 hours north of Lyon.

The Chateau is incredible with well manicured grounds and rooms that are quite exquisite. Renting out a Chateau for a week is worth the price if you are traveling with a large group of people. For our group we had friends from California, Texas, and New York converge for a week of tastings and outings. One definitely needs to rent a car to get to this location. Additionally, there are so many rooms that one can get lost inside the Chateau [rofl.gif]

Each rooms has its own bathroom and there is even a toddler/baby room. The Chateau has a pool, mini golf, bikes to go to town, video games, poker table, billiard table, and a ping pong table.

The week started off very hot, however each room has its own floor fan and with the cool evenings, many rooms cooled for the overnight slumber.

Christophe is incredibly gracious as a host and you can even arrange a wine tasting with him as well, which we did.

There are many Chateau’s in Christophe’s portfolio which suit all sizes with respect to gatherings. If you ever have a chance to visit Burgundy with a large group of people for a week, I recommend Christophe’s services, you will not be disappointed.

Pros: Location, large rooms, various amenities, kitchen with fully stocked dishes, untensils etc.
Cons: No Air conditioning, no screens on the windows to avoid insects, no maid service

General website for the Chateau’s in Christophe’s collection Rent a whole château for your holidays in France in Burgundy | Kasteliades Official

Website for the Chateau that I stayed at: Montrevost Castle rental with park, forest and a small pond | Kasteliades

1 Like