Manresa Los Gatos, CA

Any recent experience with Manresa in Los Gatos, CA? We’re in the south bay for 1 night in late July and were able to make a reservation. I’m particularly interested in thoughts about the wine pairings although the prices on the wine list didn’t look too horrific, at least for a 3* in the US.

I only know fu and some others drank a bunch of coche there

many moons ago before they sold off a bunch of their wines during the initial covid shutdown

It’s been many years, looking at the list I forgot how reasonable wine pricing there was, well below WS low for lots of cool things like $3300 La Tache and $390 Ganevat mon Pere.

I just had fun re-reading the posts about that day!

They still show '04 Coche CC on their list. The price has gone up a bit from when ya’ll did your damage … $1750 then, $6000 now [wow.gif]

Not like it was, but still some killer (restaurant) deals on some great bottles! I’d sit at the bar, order bread and butter, and drink all those Raveneau!! flirtysmile

Absolutely fantastic experience. I’ve been lucky enough to dine there many times. Jim (MS) runs that wine program very well.

Highly recommend it.

I can’t wait to go back.

Yes, one of the great dining experiences. The wine list is great, and there are definitely deals on it. Don’t think I’ve ever had the pairing, but Jim has always been happy to pour a glass here or there to supplement as needed.